Live Streaming?
6617 13 2020-9-4
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
cutlernj
New

Canada

Hey there,

I've been looking at the Osmo Pocket, but from what I can find it still isn't realistic to use for a live streaming cam, but I love the idea of a follow mode camera for my DJ based dance party live streams.

Am I correct that it's not yet realistic to do? Or can I do it? Are there any other follow mode camera options for livestreaming into OBS, vMix software? If it's not possible, DJI, make it possible! :p

Thanks!
2020-9-4
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Hi cutlernj, sorry to let you know that the Osmo Pocket does not support live streaming, and DJI currently does not plan to add this function.
However, the Osmo Action support RTMP Live Stream function, if you are interested in it, kindly please check this post for more information: https://forum.dji.com/forum.php? ... &extra=page%3D1, thanks.
2020-9-5
Use props
fans89967178
New

United Kingdom

DJI Natalia Posted at 9-5 18:25
Hi cutlernj, sorry to let you know that the Osmo Pocket does not support live streaming, and DJI currently does not plan to add this function.
However, the Osmo Action support RTMP Live Stream function, if you are interested in it, kindly please check this post for more information: https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=211716&extra=page%3D1, thanks.

Is it possible to live stream using the new OM4? Thanks
2020-9-7
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

fans89967178 Posted at 9-7 22:14
Is it possible to live stream using the new OM4? Thanks

Hi there, DJI OM4 currently does not support live streaming. But as a stabilization gimbal, DJI OM4 can still provide basic gimbal stabilization for the device when it is not connected to the software. You can turn on your live broadcast software after setting up your mobile phone and use the stabilization function of the gimbal. Thanks.
2020-9-7
Use props
hehe2
lvl.3
France

Live streaming is not required "per se", we just need the ability to plug the OSMO POCKET to the PC through USB and have a webcam driver available.

Then we could use any streaming software/app (like OBS) and that would do the job.

The streaming is already there (since the OSMO can communicate through USB to the MIMO app on our phone), we just need the USB driver on PC!

Please add this feature, it would be so awesome...

And if you really don't want to because you think that would cost you too much development efforts/time (which I don't think), just provide us with the protocol specifications so that the open source community would be able to develop the missing USB Webcam driver for the OSMO POCKET.

Regards,
2020-9-16
Use props
djiuser_YdSMAfvEmzdf
New

Netherlands

hehe2 Posted at 9-16 07:25
Live streaming is not required "per se", we just need the ability to plug the OSMO POCKET to the PC through USB and have a webcam driver available.

Then we could use any streaming software/app (like OBS) and that would do the job.
Hello — Any updates on this matter? We’re about to order this product and would like to find out how we can use the DJI OM 4 in combination with our iPhone X  as a webcam using the known video conferencing  (Google, Zoom, Teams, etc) what do we need to buy/install to get this working and so that it’s tracking me

Thanks
2020-11-7
Use props
Blellow
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1311056 ft
  • >>>
United States

Pocket two has LiveStreaming as an option.  It just doesn't work!
2020-11-8
Use props
djiuser_YdSMAfvEmzdf
New

Netherlands

Hello — Any updates on this matter? We’re about to order this product and would like to find out how we can use the DJI OM 4 in combination with our iPhone X  as a webcam using the known video conferencing  (Google, Zoom, Teams, etc) what do we need to buy/install to get this working and so that it’s tracking me

Thanks
2020-11-8
Use props
WENEEDSTREAMING
New
India

This makes me really sad that DJI team came up with a new product version but couldn't give heed to the customers request of firmware update to let it be used as a streaming device/webcam. I have been following the portal since early 2019 and still no response, not even a confirmation that NO we cannot make it happen.  
2021-1-4
Use props
Gulfstream
lvl.4
Flight distance : 98996 ft
  • >>>
United States

Blellow Posted at 2020-11-8 12:22
Pocket two has LiveStreaming as an option.  It just doesn't work!

Pocket 2 has working Live Streaming. It requires the Do It All Handle for it to work.
2021-1-4
Use props
djiuser_qkY70fJHhbUH
lvl.1
United States

Hi all,
I still want DJI to fix this on their end, but there is one way to livestream on Zoom with the OM4 and Mimo App if you have an iphone and a Mac. Step 1: Start your Mimo App in the camera mode. Step 2: Start your Zoom meeting. Step 3: In Zoom, click on Share Screen and click on Iphone/Ipad via Airplay. Step 4: Swipe down from the upper right on your Iphone and click Screen Mirroring, then choose the Zoom option. Step 5: Hopefully success. If Airplay didnt connect, you might need to eithe restart your Mac or Iphone.

This has worked for me. It's not ideal because it shows all of the various menu options and the green box around your face. But it does work.

Hope this helps until DJI gets its act together and does what customers were expecting when they bought its product!
2021-3-27
Use props
djiuser_qkY70fJHhbUH
lvl.1
United States

btw, you can then put this on Facebook Live or Youtube by doing a share screen of the window that is showing up on your Mac (I just tried this on Facebook live and it worked).
2021-3-27
Use props
hehe2
lvl.3
France

Gulfstream Posted at 1-4 10:17
Pocket 2 has working Live Streaming. It requires the Do It All Handle for it to work.

Why this requirement ?

It is purely software based... so we just want a piece of software in the MIMO app that streams on a given RTSP server of our choice.

Easy to code, no hardware required. And we need an option to hide all controls as well because we don't want them to appear on the screen all the time.
2021-4-7
Use props
WENEEDSTREAMING
New
India

Can anyone from DJI have atleast basic courtesy to  close this thread by telling all the people above if this is every going to be in Osmo-1
2021-9-21
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules