3427 8 2020-9-5
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Thomste
lvl.1
Flight distance : 2972 ft
Australia

Hi All,

I am hoping someone can help me with a very annoying issue.
I never had any issues downloading JPGs from DJI GO4 to my device ( Samsung S7), using a Mavic 2 pro drone up to date with firmwares etc..
For no reasons it stopped working, I select my images then click download and nothing happens.

This afternoon I got a brand new Ipad Mini 5. Set it up, upgrade everything to latest version etc.. Go flying, then try to download my images (JPG) and this time the download 'starts' but gets stuck on the first image and never does anything. The only thing I can do is cancel to get back to the app. No difference how many images I select, it won't work even with one.
This is very annoying as I shoot RAW+ JPG and like to download the JPGs after each flight as a safety measure. I had a card failure before and lost a whole bunch a really good shots.

Anyway, if someone has a solution to this I would be very grateful. Thank you!
2020-9-5
Use props
Marty Markoe
Second Officer
Flight distance : 15135 ft
  • >>>
United States

Check the storage on your phone. It may be full.
2020-9-5
Use props
Thomste
lvl.1
Australia

Hi Marty, thank you for your response.

There is plenty of space available on both devices. The Ipad mini is brand new so there is 60+gb available.
I also have a very fast sd card (sandisk extreme) in the drone and had 40% battery left on the mavic and over 80% on both the remote and ipad when I tried to download the images.
I tried shutting down and restarting everything but the same happens. The download starts with a fast transfer rate which quickly decreases until download stops half way through the very first image and freezes
2020-9-5
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
Flight distance : 6188465 ft
  • >>>
France

Temporary workaround may be to remove the card from the drone and download the images using a separate card reader?
2020-9-5
Use props
Thomste
lvl.1
Australia

Yes I know how to transfer images from the card to the computer, and I do that anyway to get the raw files as it is not possible to download the raw files directly from the app.

The reason I want to download the JPGs to my Ipad straight after the flight is that I had a card failure downloading a few flights worth of images into my computer and lost lots of good photos.
So at least if I can download the JPGs straight away then I dont lose everything in case of another failure.

The annoying thing is that it was working perfectly before...
2020-9-5
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there Thomste. I am sorry or the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. Upon checking the mobile device ( Ipad Mini 5 ) on the recommended mobile device list for the DJI Mavic 2 Pro and with the DJI Go 4 application. I am sorry to say that the said mobile device is not yet recommended for the said DJI drone and for the said application. There is a possibility that the Ipad Mini 5 will be able to work on the DJI Go 4 application. But however, since it's not yet optimized with the said application we cannot guaranteed if it will work all the time and if it will be able to run all the functions of the DJI Go 4 application while in use. For reference, I will be posting the list of the recommended mobile device for the DJI Go 4 application. Thank you.

2020-9-6
Use props
Thomste
lvl.1
Australia

It might be time for DJI to keep up to date with devices then... Ipad Mini 5 is now 18months old.

It also doesn't answer the question because, as per my initial post, the download image functionality was working perfectly fine with a Samsung S7 phone and stopped working after an app update. The Samsung S7 is however on the supported list. So it would be great if DJI could actually try to help their customer instead of hiding behind device compatiblities. Ipad Mini 4 is on the list. Ipad Mini 5 might not be but if you keep your Ipad Mini 4 up to date then you will be running the same version of IOS and DJI GO4 app as on the 5.
2020-9-6
Use props
Laurynas M
New

Lithuania

Try enabling "Auto Sync HD Photo" in camera settings, make some pictures, then disable it. New pictures should have been downloaded to your phone. Turn the App off and turn it back on again (without this restart the app kept syncing pictures for me). Now make some pictures again and try downloading them as usual. This worked for me (10 min. ago) and I have no clue why. I have two iPhones (8 and 11), none of them could download photos anymore, although it worked earlier. Now it seems to work again. Hope this helps You.
2021-6-28
Use props
lowcountrypaver
New

United States

I'm having the same issue. I haven't changed devices, this is the same iphone I've been using for a year and successfully downloading content from drone to phone. All batteries have a full charge. I downloading a ton of content with no problem then all of the sudden it just stopped. For the last day and a half it says "download initializing" then gets stuck on the first photo. It doesn't matter if I pick one photo to download or 20 videos, it does the same thing.
2022-7-28
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules