637 12 2020-9-5
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
F.KOK
Second Officer
Flight distance : 18954370 ft
  • >>>
Namibia

I want to help an old friend of mine to give him the correct info on why he crashed his Drone. As I have looked at the flight record it seems that he has pushed down on the throttle and rudder when he was near to the ground and crash. Also he was warned of obstacles and that the battery deviation is bad. He also took off before homepoint was recorded.
More help will be appreciated. Labroides, you who are an expert on this could help a lot. Thanks.

https://www.phantomhelp.com/logviewer/IOANFHI9D03DE72ZZXRR/

2020-9-5
Use props
Cetacean
Captain
Flight distance : 2528264 ft
  • >>>
United States

Aloha François,

You are a smart man and Labroides is also a smart man.  Hopefully, Labroides will be able to help you.

I hope you are doing OK in this pandemic.  Every time I see an article about Namibia I think about you.  There are a lot of articles these days about the Skeleton Coast!  So, my thoughts are with you often.

Take care and be safe.

Aloha and Drone On!
2020-9-5
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Labroides, you who are an expert on this could help a lot
Thanks .. I'll see what I can do.
But I think we'll need to see the data from a different flight.
This one ends with a gentle landing rather than a crash.
This flight was at 15:06 on August 8th

2020-9-5
Use props
F.KOK
Second Officer
  • >>>
Namibia

Cetacean Posted at 9-5 02:50
Aloha François,

You are a smart man and Labroides is also a smart man.  Hopefully, Labroides will be able to help you.

Hello Ken, good to hear from you, it's going well despite the deceptive pandemic. Hope you are OK.
2020-9-5
Use props
F.KOK
Second Officer
  • >>>
Namibia

Labroides Posted at 9-5 02:57
Labroides, you who are an expert on this could help a lot
Thanks .. I'll see what I can do.
But I think we'll need to see the data from a different flight.

Thanks Labroides, sorry that was the flight, after the crash, the 15th. Here is the correct one.
https://www.phantomhelp.com/logviewer/HNPDEGYYDYJ2D6IPYV6H/
It is obvious that the Drone, on its way returning home, ran out of power due to a weak battery.

2020-9-5
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

F.KOK Posted at 9-5 08:51
Thanks Labroides, sorry that was the flight, after the crash, the 15th. Here is the correct one.
https://www.phantomhelp.com/logviewer/HNPDEGYYDYJ2D6IPYV6H/
It is obvious that the Drone, on its way returning home, ran out of power due to a weak battery.

Your friend is impatient and seems to like launching before getting GPS for both flights.
This flight it meant that he didn't get to record a home point until 0:21.8.
But that didn't cause the problem later in the flight.

His battery was not healthy.
At 18:48.8 Cell 4 has fallen below Critical Low Voltage (3.3V).
Cell 3 gets to theat level at 19:25.8.
With two cells below critical low voltage and the drone still 500 metres away, things aren't going to end well.

At 19:16.3 Cell 4 drops below 3 volts and the RTH speed begins to slow from the normal 10 metres/sec.
When the data stops at 20:02.5, Cell 4 has collapsed and is showing 2.2 volts, Vell 3 is 3.1V and Cell 1 is just above 3.3V with the Phantom still 233 metres from home..

The problem was due to flying too far with a sick battery which just gave up.
You can configure the app settings to show the battery voltage in the top right corner of the screen and this is useful to keep an eye on how well the battery is holding up.
2020-9-5
Use props
F.KOK
Second Officer
  • >>>
Namibia

Labroides Posted at 9-5 09:19
Your friend is impatient and seems to like launching before getting GPS for both flights.
This flight it meant that he didn't get to record a home point until 0:21.8.

Thanks for your detailed info, it is correct. You are an asset to flight analysis, on the forum.

it's more age than impatience.
2020-9-5
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there F.KOK. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. Since there was a crash that happened on your friends drone before. I would recommend you to contact our DJI support team at https://www.dji.com/support?site=brandsite&from=nav for further assistance. We have a team that will do there best to check the said drone and will give out the best resolution for this issue. Again I am sorry for the trouble and thank you for your understanding.
2020-9-6
Use props
F.KOK
Second Officer
  • >>>
Namibia

Labroides Posted at 9-5 09:19

Why did the drone not changed into auto landing when the battery got too weak, or does that just count for the critical low battery.
2020-9-7
Use props
F.KOK
Second Officer
  • >>>
Namibia

DJI Stephen Posted at 9-6 21:58
Hello there F.KOK. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. Since there was a crash that happened on your friends drone before. I would recommend you to contact our DJI support team at https://www.dji.com/support?site=brandsite&from=nav for further assistance. We have a team that will do there best to check the said drone and will give out the best resolution for this issue. Again I am sorry for the trouble and thank you for your understanding.

Thanks, I will tell him that.
2020-9-7
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

F.KOK Posted at 9-7 00:09
Thanks, I will tell him that.

Hi there F.KOK. Thank you for the reply and you are very much welcome. If you have any other concerns or inquiry with DJI. Please feel free to post it here at DJI Forum. We are all here to help and support you. Thank you.
2020-9-8
Use props
F.KOK
Second Officer
  • >>>
Namibia

DJI Stephen Posted at 9-8 01:32
Hi there F.KOK. Thank you for the reply and you are very much welcome. If you have any other concerns or inquiry with DJI. Please feel free to post it here at DJI Forum. We are all here to help and support you. Thank you.

Why did the drone not changed into auto landing when the battery got too weak, or does that just count for the critical low battery.
2020-9-8
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

F.KOK Posted at 9-8 01:53

Hi there F.KOK. Thank you for the given information. The said intelligent flight battery might have been totally depleted and is not able to function properly. That is why the said drone crashed and was not able to auto land properly. Thank you.
2020-9-9
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules