638 12 2020-9-5
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
frankymusik
First Officer
Flight distance : 27841053 ft
  • >>>
Germany

If you deactivate the RTH return flight, for example in the forest or while hiking (active tracking or something), then you do that so that the MA2 does not climb up "unsolicited" and fly back to its original location ...

That makes sense, you need that occasionally ...

But then you forget to set this "hidden" option back to "return flight" ...
... and then you fly far away and lose the connection, the RC signal ...

Phew ...

You are not reminded that the RTH return option is disabled.

I once drew how I could imagine a future improvement ...

What do you think???

Frank

PS:
I could imagine a representation as shown in the pictures below (to the left of the battery indicator):

First picture:
RTH is activated (correctly configured)

Second picture:
RTH is (temporarily) disabled

Return function currently activated

Return function currently activated

Return function deactivated

Return function deactivated
2020-9-5
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

You cannot deactivate RTH, you can reset homepoint while flying , but this will default next time you take off to point of launch.
I’m not sure if you're  mixing up “loss of signal “ Rth which can be changed to land or hover, this could cause a problem if on a new mission/flight you forgot to change this back to RTH.

But it’s impossible to change RTH after you take off only homepoint and it’s temporary.
2020-9-6
Use props
kiminx
Second Officer
Flight distance : 149032 ft
Indonesia

yes, i also need to know the answer
when we set hover instead of fly back,
if we press RTH button when disconnected, will MA2 still keep hover or fly back to home point?
2020-9-6
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

kiminx Posted at 9-6 05:45
yes, i also need to know the answer
when we set hover instead of fly back,
if we press RTH button when disconnected, will MA2 still keep hover or fly back to home point?

Pressing Rth when disconnected will not do anything, you need radio signal to initiate RTH. If lose signal Failsafe Rth will automatically kick in and whatever settings you pre installed will kick in, IE if you set land or hover craft will land or hover, so it’s important to always be aware of Failsafe settings.
2020-9-6
Use props
kiminx
Second Officer
Flight distance : 149032 ft
Indonesia

hallmark007 Posted at 9-6 07:29
Pressing Rth when disconnected will not do anything, you need radio signal to initiate RTH. If lose signal Failsafe Rth will automatically kick in and whatever settings you pre installed will kick in, IE if you set land or hover craft will land or hover, so it’s important to always be aware of Failsafe settings.

ok well noted
2020-9-6
Use props
frankymusik
First Officer
  • >>>
Germany

hallmark007 Posted at 9-6 04:30
You cannot deactivate RTH, you can reset homepoint while flying , but this will default next time you take off to point of launch.
I’m not sure if you're  mixing up “loss of signal “ Rth which can be changed to land or hover, this could cause a problem if on a new mission/flight you forgot to change this back to RTH.

Correctly!
I meant "loss of signal" and the subsequent reaction of the MA2.

"Knowing" the failsafe settings, or even better, always be able to see them without difficulty ...!

If hovering was stupidly set here (in a "hidden"  submenu), then it can happen that you are not aware of it ...
And I think that it should be displayed on the user interface of the Fly app if, for example, hovering is preset.
The RTH altitude is also such a parameter that actually belonged on the user interface, so that you can constantly convince yourself (during flight) that everything is correct ...
... and, if necessary, correct this amount if it has been chosen too low.

I think these are such important values that the pilot should constantly be shown ...

2020-9-6
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

frankymusik Posted at 9-6 23:12
Correctly!

Yes it probably good idea to display, I believe if it just reverted to failsafe Rth then you would automatically know if you need to change before flying.
2020-9-7
Use props
JJB*
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 12225059 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

frankymusik Posted at 9-6 23:12
Correctly!

oops,  wrong posting

2020-9-7
Use props
frankymusik
First Officer
  • >>>
Germany

JJB* Posted at 9-7 07:47
oops,  wrong posting

Sorry JJB*,

was my post "misleading" ...?
2020-9-7
Use props
JJB*
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Netherlands

frankymusik Posted at 9-7 23:49
Sorry JJB*,

was my post "misleading" ...?

Nope, agree with you that is is best to know before you fly wich RTH setting+height is active.
This option is to far nested in the menu to easily be checked.

I did some tests, switching off my RC in different RTH settings (Hover,Desend,RTH) and at different distances aaway from HP. (< and > 20 meter).

No surprises, craft did not return to home in Hover and Descend mode. (as per manual)

Next test is what wil happen at low batterry and critical low batt when disconnect and hovering....Plus close app with Hover setting and check if this setting will be active again (or default setting is RTH?)

BTW what i find @@#^!#@ is that swiping through the menus ; it easy to change values without knowing you did change a value!  So swiping on the screen only at the left side of the menu!
cheers
JJB

2020-9-8
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

JJB* Posted at 9-8 00:40
Nope, agree with you that is is best to know before you fly wich RTH setting+height is active.

I think if craft defaulted to RTH on start up there would be no problem and only need to change if you actually needed land or hover
2020-9-8
Use props
JJB*
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Netherlands

hallmark007 Posted at 9-8 01:33
I think if craft defaulted to RTH on start up there would be no problem and only need to change if you actually needed land or hover

Hi hallmark,

True, if.....but it does not default to RTH.  The last setting is stored and used the next time.
(tested on a MM, must be the same for a MA2)

I have never changed this setting for my use of a drone, but it is now on my mental checklist.

cheers
JJB
2020-9-8
Use props
virtual
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4897142 ft
Czechia

JJB* Posted at 9-8 00:40

it easy to change values without knowing you did change
Very true, maybe sound when value is changed can be helpful...
2020-9-8
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules