Camera & Gimbal Not Calibrating & Facing Down
1392 3 2020-9-5
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Ian Arthur
lvl.1

United Kingdom

MAVIC PRO - GIMBAL. When the MP starts and connect to the controller, the camera & gimbal goes through it's full range of movements including upper front and left, but then settles with the camera looking straight downwards. If I use the controller toggle switch for front/down the camera tries to look backwards. Using the controller dial I can get the camera to go forwards a few degrees, but that's all.

I have changed the firmware, going backwards and forwards a few generations to the present firmware, and reset everything back to factory. I recalibrated the IMU each time I refreshed the firmware and each time tried to recalibrate the gimbal - but it always stops calibrating at 51%.

As a last resort, I have replaced the gimbal ribbon cable and the camera cable and the camera/gimbal is still the same - settling in the looking-down position once the mavic has started.

My gut feeling is that this is software related. Is there a way to completely clear the firmware and then re-install to the present firmware? There is a full-range of camera/gimbal movement when it starts, including ahead and up, so I really dont think its the gimbal.

Anyone got any ideas, or had something similar and managed to 'fix' or 'solve' an issue like this...?

The MP has not crashed. A few days ago i did a flight and came back to change the battery. I landed, shut-down, changed the battery and re-started. When I re-started that's when the camera/gimbal fault occured.

2020-9-5
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there Ian Arthur. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. Since you done several troubleshooting steps to fix the said issue and still the issue persist.  Are you able to post a sample video showing the said issue for us to check and assist you further. Again I am sorry for the trouble and thank you.
2020-9-6
Use props
Ian Arthur
lvl.1

United Kingdom

DJI Stephen Posted at 9-6 22:14
Hello there Ian Arthur. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. Since you done several troubleshooting steps to fix the said issue and still the issue persist.  Are you able to post a sample video showing the said issue for us to check and assist you further. Again I am sorry for the trouble and thank you.

Hi Stephen,

No need to apologise. Things happen...!

I have made a video shoting the gimbal from three angled during the start-up sequence.  I tried uploading but when I click on the icon for uploads it only allows JPEG's so I have put it on my website for you. If you click on this link:

https://www.ianarthur-commercial.photography/mavic-pro-gimbal/

Hopefully you will be able to tell me what to do next.

I still think its software, but I'm sure you will know more. Is it possible to widep the firmware off the drone an then reinstall it from Assistant 2...? That's only a guess.

Ian
2020-9-8
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Ian Arthur Posted at 9-8 06:15
Hi Stephen,

No need to apologise. Things happen...!

Hi there Ian. Thank you for the reply and for posting this video link. After watching the said video it seems that there is a hardware issue on the said drone. I would recommend for you to contact our DJI support team at https://www.dji.com/support?site=brandsite&from=nav for further assistance. Just a reminder that DJI do not recommend doing a DIY in fixing the said DJI drone to avoid further damaging the said unit. Again, I am sorry that we were not able to fix the said issue through this forum and thank you for your understanding.
2020-9-9
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules