DJI Battery Station killed TB50 Batteries
4015 19 2020-9-5
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Mark774
lvl.1
Flight distance : 411657 ft
United States

Back near the end of 2018 there were a few reports that the DJI Battery Station Killed TB50 batteries stored in the battery station.  There was a thread were they were working on the problem but I never got any updates on it so I am trying to find out if anything was determined.  Below is my post.  Has anyone had this same problem and was anything found to reverse the error/problem.  Any help would be appreciated.

Original Post:

After storage in the battery station for about a month now 7 of  my 12 batteries have communication errors and show 0% charge. They will  not take a charge. And cannot do anything with them. All were on the  latest firmware as well as the battery station.  All of these batteries were in various stages of use but none of them had more than 20 charges on them.

2020-9-5
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Hi Mark774, just to double confirm, the batteries can be powered on in the drone, right? Could you please provide the screenshots of the battery error, the battery info page and the firmware version info for further confirmation? Please provide the serial number of the battery to me as well, look forward to hearing back from you.
2020-9-6
Use props
Mark774
lvl.1
United States

DJI Susan Posted at 9-6 20:17
Hi Mark774, just to double confirm, the batteries can be powered on in the drone, right? Could you please provide the screenshots of the battery error, the battery info page and the firmware version info for further confirmation? Please provide the serial number of the battery to me as well, look forward to hearing back from you.

I will try to get some information to you in the next couple days the original thread of this problem is

https://forum.dji.com/thread-155313-1-1.html

I was watching this thread and posted a request for information but never heard anything back. This is exact same problem that I am having.
2020-9-7
Use props
Mark774
lvl.1
United States

I was mainly trying to find out if there was a solution or if any other information was found out about the problem or or a possible fix.
2020-9-7
Use props
Mark774
lvl.1
United States

What was determined or done with that person's battery problem?
2020-9-7
Use props
fanse8462238
lvl.1
Flight distance : 940751 ft
United States

We just had this same problem. 8 bricked batteries.
2020-9-28
Use props
Mark774
lvl.1
United States

I cannot find out from anyone if anything was found to correct the problem or bring them back from the dead. I am sitting here with 7 paper weights for over a year now.
2020-9-29
Use props
Coojeebear
lvl.4
Flight distance : 572484 ft
United Kingdom

I am holding off buying a battery station because of this issue. Tagging this post to hope to hear something.
2020-9-30
Use props
Cessna131
New

United States

I have 7 of 12 dead batteries from this as well. I am extraordinarily annoyed about this. Ive never had batteries that cannot be brought back from the dead.
2021-4-19
Use props
Mark774
lvl.1
United States

There have been a lot of people with this problem and no one will answer a simple question of "what was found out or what can be done with them ". The original thread that I put in a previous post already had all of the troubleshooting done, information sent and all I want to know is what was determined from that original case. Was a solution found or not?
2021-4-19
Use props
marctronixx
lvl.4
Flight distance : 210118 ft
  • >>>
United States

add my name to the list. put 8 batteries in storage mode and all dead. same issue as the Op. the ones that were in storage mode and taken off and placed in the compartment slots were fine.
2021-10-4
Use props
Raw_B
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1494190 ft
United States

lots of issues with tb50 batteries it seems. I hope i dont start experiencing any.
2021-10-16
Use props
Mark774
lvl.1
United States

Raw_B Posted at 10-16 14:38
lots of issues with tb50 batteries it seems. I hope i dont start experiencing any.

There's not necessarily a problem with the TB50 battery. The problem was with the battery station. When TB50 batteries are stored in the battery station, the battery station did something to the batteries that killed massive quantities of them at the same time. DJI has seemed to ignore the problem and not issued any actual fixes or reasons why people had so much problem with battery station. The battery station was supposed to lower the batteries down to 50% for storage purposes but in several cases it killed the batteries. In my case it killed seven of them at the same time.
2021-10-16
Use props
jenzeee0
lvl.3
Flight distance : 11380554 ft
  • >>>
United States

I am about to freak out: 6 deadly bricked batteries after storing them in my battery station. - No chance to get them back to life?
2022-7-16
Use props
Mark774
lvl.1
United States

DJI stopped communicating about this problem. No suggestions or anything from them after several people reported the problems. I don't know if anyone that has gotten anything done from them. I have 7 paper weights now and expect I will have forever.
2022-7-17
Use props
jenzeee0
lvl.3
Flight distance : 11380554 ft
  • >>>
United States

Same problem here too: 8 dead batteries after storing them for about 2 months in the station. - Seems to be not just a single case..
2022-8-18
Use props
Sanyin
lvl.2
Flight distance : 49734 ft
United States

Mark774 Posted at 7-17 12:16
DJI stopped communicating about this problem. No suggestions or anything from them after several people reported the problems. I don't know if anyone that has gotten anything done from them. I have 7 paper weights now and expect I will have forever.

How much a paper weight per piece before becoming a brick, I mean?
2022-8-23
Use props
Sonoma.911
lvl.2
Flight distance : 50791 ft
United States

Any update on the battery station killing the TB50 batteries? I have the same issue and lost 5 batteries.
2023-9-16
Use props
marctronixx
lvl.4
Flight distance : 210118 ft
  • >>>
United States

lol clearly not. i had this issue in 2021 and wrote them off. now i bought a battery case for the tb50s and dont keep any thing in the slots.
3-18 07:52
Use props
Mark774
lvl.1
United States

No there has not been any update, no fixes, no communication from them at all, and yet they continue to sell the battery box and ignore any new people who have the problem. I still have seven dead batteries in the closet. And nobody has figured out what to do with them. I guess to DJI we are just a ATM.
3-18 11:50
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules