George210477
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2676129 ft
  • >>>
Romania

Hello DJI,
You have a BUG in last firmware!
Problem seen:
If the drone starts in Tripod Mode, the Avoidance remains able to be checked, even if you made for Tripod available only Brake mode for obstacles.
(If you ask me, is stupid not to have also avoidance of obstacles in Tripod, as in Normal, but only Brake, but is your decision...)
As the button for Side Avoidance can be checked, but is working only as Brake...just decide: remove Avoidance button in Tripod mode or make Avoidance work in Tripod mode...

Another problem seen:
In HDR mode, the colors are waaaaay off the IPS standard...the hdr videos completely sucks if outside is sunlight...so maybe you will make a little adjustment in algorithm...Usualy I use D-Cine, but sometimes HDR is needed and takes time to recalibrate all colors. The drone does not have enough power to compile a manual adjustment like as Pro models? You will not loose market for Pro as the sensor from MA2 is half that Pro2...(also I must say that my Huawei P30 Pro have better quality than your sensor...)

Another problem seen:
In TRIPOD mode the joysticks are still very sensitive...is TRIPOD...make them 20% softer! Because the rotation is adjustable, but the speed still needs a very sensitive hand...maybe put a configuration for this mode in order to adjust everyone as it is comfortable ????

Another problem seen:
In 4K Zoom, at 2x Zoom, sometimes is losing the focus, when is 24fps and rotating...please fix it !

All these are software issues....we believe that you will act FAST to correct them.
Best reg.
2020-9-6
Use props
JJB*
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 12225059 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Hi,

Afaik MA2 will always start in Normal mode, even with the swich in Tripod mode.
if started like this, switch to normal mode and back to tripod to really enter tripod mode.

cheers
JJB
2020-9-6
Use props
George210477
Second Officer
  • >>>
Romania

WOW... There is a logical explanation for this? I mean this is a programmer error not to see what is the status of remote....
2020-9-6
Use props
JJB*
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 12225059 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

George210477 Posted at 9-6 11:23
WOW... There is a logical explanation for this? I mean this is a programmer error not to see what is the status of remote....

Its DJI logic.....
2020-9-6
Use props
MisterFrag
Second Officer
Flight distance : 603143 ft
United States

And it’s nothing new in the latest firmware, the MA2 has always behaved this way.
2020-9-7
Use props
GaryDoug
First Officer
Flight distance : 1264639 ft
  • >>>
United States

I agree it makes little sense because you have a mode that is not what is selected by the switch. At least display a warning that the current mode is not the one set by the switch.
2020-9-7
Use props
virtual
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4897142 ft
Czechia

GaryDoug Posted at 9-7 19:47
I agree it makes little sense because you have a mode that is not what is selected by the switch. At least display a warning that the current mode is not the one set by the switch.

I wrote it in other thread - "I found it handy as you are not suprised by slow or fast reaction (T or S mode) when switched accidentally.", You still have the option to switch after take-off or maybe with spinning motors on the ground (I haven't tried this option)...
2020-9-8
Use props
George210477
Second Officer
  • >>>
Romania

virtual Posted at 9-8 00:15
I wrote it in other thread - "I found it handy as you are not suprised by slow or fast reaction (T or S mode) when switched accidentally.", You still have the option to switch after take-off or maybe with spinning motors on the ground (I haven't tried this option)...

Sorry but this is stupid...How the hell to be surprised when i take off or land in what the button is put on?
I am more surprised when I start in T mode and actually i find out that is NOT what i set, but Normal Mode...and REMAINS Normal mode until i flip the button to N and than back to T....
So...sorry mate, I cannot agree with your logic, as there is a nonsense.
Perhaps we should all think when we cross a street that the cars will kill us, so do not act surprised in case that is happening )))))) Instead of knowing that is safe to cross at designated marks....
2020-9-9
Use props
JodyB
First Officer
Flight distance : 302536 ft
  • >>>
United States

George210477 Posted at 9-9 05:41
Sorry but this is stupid...How the hell to be surprised when i take off or land in what the button is put on?
I am more surprised when I start in T mode and actually i find out that is NOT what i set, but Normal Mode...and REMAINS Normal mode until i flip the button to N and than back to T....
So...sorry mate, I cannot agree with your logic, as there is a nonsense.

This logic isn't his logic. It's DJI's. They programmed it that way. Not sure if it was intentional or not. I would like to think like you. I have the switch set, I would expect it to behave like I have it set. But we have to make do with the logic we were served for the time being. You did the right thing by voicing it and you aren't alone. My opinion, this is something that needs to be fixed.  
2020-9-9
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules