15x Hyperlapse, Frames per second
2153 5 2020-9-6
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
PauloSeth
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Hi, I am the proud owner of a few DJI products, among them an OSMO ACTION, which I have been using to record my cycling videos in Hyperlapse mode 15x. I had an accident cycling on a dirt track and have apparently hit the ground so hard that I lost the memory of the event. Everything was captured by the Osmo Action. I am fine, but I am trying to ascertain exactly how long I've been on the ground after falling. I don't know how many frames per second are captured at 15x speed in hyperlapse mode, but I counted about 150 frames from the 1st frame the footage shows me on the ground to the moment I stud up. I can't quite translate that to time.
Can you help?
So I guess the easier questions is, how many frames per second are captured by the Osmo Action in Hyperlapse mode at 15x?
But if you can give me an idea of how much time would have been passed (in minutes / seconds) with 150 frames of footage at 15x on hyperlapse that would be helpful too.
Many thanks in advance!
Paulo.

2020-9-6
Use props
CemAygun
Second Officer
Flight distance : 810 ft
Philippines

Hi Paulo, glad to hear that you are ok.

Hyperlapse works a bit weird; it does not write "so many" frames every second like the time lapse mode does.  It keeps a huge buffer inside (I guess for processing)  and writes it at certain intervals. Logically 15x speed should mean to play 15 frames during the duration of 1 in playback; or take 1 frames instead of 15 when recording.

This would give you 2 frames for every second of recording, which brings your 150 frame footage duration to 1 minute 15 seconds of recording. When I tested in camera I got similar results unless it was at the absolute beginning of a recording. If you just start a new recording it takes 1 minute 30 seconds to reach 150 frames of footage (or 5 seconds), probably because of that buffering.

Hope this helps,

Cem
2020-9-6
Use props
PauloSeth
lvl.1
United Kingdom

CemAygun Posted at 9-6 14:32
Hi Paulo, glad to hear that you are ok.

Hyperlapse works a bit weird; it does not write "so many" frames every second like the time lapse mode does.  It keeps a huge buffer inside (I guess for processing)  and writes it at certain intervals. Logically 15x speed should mean to play 15 frames during the duration of 1 in playback; or take 1 frames instead of 15 when recording.

Great answer CemAygum. My gratitude to you.
2020-9-7
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi. Thank you for reaching out to DJI Forum. We are happy to know your previous query was answered. If you have further concern or inquiry, please feel free to post it here at DJI Forum. Thank you.
2020-9-7
Use props
PauloSeth
lvl.1
United Kingdom

2020-9-8
Use props
CemAygun
Second Officer
Flight distance : 810 ft
Philippines

PauloSeth Posted at 9-7 01:54
Great answer CemAygum. My gratitude to you.

Sorry for the late reply, and you are welcome. Glad to be of some help
2020-9-10
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules