Mavic Air 2 RC not connected to mobile device - help!
2372 8 2020-9-6
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
joelfine
New

United States

Hi,

I have a Mavic Air 2, just a couple of months old. Worked great until today. Now my DJI Fly app says "RC not connected to mobile device." My remote seems to be connecting and disconnecting to my phone repeatedly - I see my phone charging, then not charging, then charging, etc. I'm thinking maybe the remote is going through some kind of boot sequence over and over?

All four lights on the remote are illuminating then turning off, about once every half-second.

Both the remote and the drone have fully charged batteries.

I tried rotating the cable coming from the remote 180 degrees - no change.

The phone is an Andriod Samsung Galaxy S9+.

Help!

2020-9-6
Use props
joelfine
New

United States

Update, I swapped to a different phone (Android OnePlus 5) and it works now. Not sure what's going on with the Samsung phone but that does seem to be where the problem is.
2020-9-6
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

joelfine Posted at 9-6 14:22
Update, I swapped to a different phone (Android OnePlus 5) and it works now. Not sure what's going on with the Samsung phone but that does seem to be where the problem is.

Good you got a (some kind of) solution
2020-9-6
Use props
Flipsales
New

United States

Following....
2020-9-13
Use props
Pardalouco
lvl.1
Flight distance : 626339 ft
Spain

Were the rear lights of your drone flashing? (Green, red, and yellow?)
2020-9-27
Use props
djiuser_ysq21U6uO9P0
lvl.2
Flight distance : 372533 ft
United Kingdom

I have the same issue after a month of ownership - worked fine when last used a couple of days ago, now refuses to connect to my mobile device.

Tried with my iPad and iPhone, both of which have previously worked with it, tried a different USB cable, tried refreshing the controller firmware - still won't connect.  Connection to the aircraft appears to be fine.

Reported to DJI - just waiting to see if I qualify for a free return label
2020-10-23
Use props
ראם
New

Israel

Have the same with Samung  Note 9. changes to an old iphone 7 and it works perfectly
2020-12-11
Use props
djiuser_hU7CPXZPmPoO
New
United States

Good evening
The same thing happened, Mavic Air 2 would not connect to my Ipad Pro 11".  I cleaned the usb-c on the ipad with alcohol. Cleaned both ends of the cable.  Waited for evaporation, turned on ipad, success.
I hope this helps someone.  Happy Thanksgiving!
2021-11-22
Use props
itsdavesdrone
Second Officer
Flight distance : 6763835 ft
  • >>>
Australia

It's probably the cable. Check both ends are in properly and clean and check your phone port is clean.
2021-11-22
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules