830 11 2020-9-6
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_GfYwspljuZyC
lvl.2
Flight distance : 252169 ft
Canada

hi ,

Hello everyone ,  Today I was flying my drone all sensor and setting are green. I was in P mode and I switched to T mode. I noticed that the sensors did not turn green on the application and all sensor blink ( i was using the smart controller )  i decided to land to see what's wrong. i pushed the stick down to start landing it drops down and bounces off the ground  . i pushed the stick up , the drone go up and then drop down again and smach the ground and it stop his motor.

it is the second time it did that .
the first time , was with it is original controller  2 weeks ago , so i did a firmeware refresh, the sensor calibration, recalibrate the IMU,compas calibration

im start thinking that the problem is a hardware issue .  

please help

my log : https://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/RRJBOLRXM3D1NACO800F/

2020-9-6
Use props
JJB*
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 12225059 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Hi,

Had a look at your flight.

In the log the height from the VPS sensor is missing after 3m25, flying higer than 10 meter.
But it did not measure any height after that.

This info is used to control the landing.

So you tried to land but the craft did not know this....
Normally craft hovers at 0.5 meter, pushing down to force an automatic landing.  Not in your flight with missing VPS height.

See the 2 height lines upper chart in chart.
cheers
JJB
analysis1.png
2020-9-7
Use props
djiuser_GfYwspljuZyC
lvl.2
Canada

JJB* Posted at 9-7 04:20
Hi,

Had a look at your flight.

thank you for your answer, what do you advise me to do. should i send it to dji. I bought the mavic in  May 2020
2020-9-7
Use props
JJB*
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 12225059 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

djiuser_GfYwspljuZyC Posted at 9-7 04:57
thank you for your answer, what do you advise me to do. should i send it to dji. I bought the mavic in  May 2020

If it happens more than just this time....and you already calibrate sensors etc

Best to get help form DJI or give it another try calibrating all again.

cheers
JJB
2020-9-7
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there. I am sorry to read and to know what happened to your previous flight with your DJI Mavic 2 Pro. Since there was a hard landing that happened before and this unfortunate event happened I would recommend you to contact our DJI support team at https://www.dji.com/support?site=brandsite&from=nav for further assistance. We have a professional team that will do there best to check the said drone and will give out the best resolution for this issue. If the said drone is still under the warranty period and it is evaluated as a non-pilot error, the warranty service will be provided. Just a reminder that  DJI do not recommend doing a DIY in fixing the said DJI drone to avoid further damaging the said unit. Again, I am sorry for the trouble and thank you for your support.
2020-9-7
Use props
djiuser_GfYwspljuZyC
lvl.2
Canada

https://vimeo.com/455995625

here is the video
i have reached the dji customer support today and they want me send it to

DJI Service Center
4051 Highway 121, Suite 100, Grapevine, TX, 76051

i don,t know why , i live in canada

Another support team told me to call multirotorheli.ca

I have called them they are in canada they gave me a link djishopcanada.ca to fil the request . And told me to sens the drone to them .

Im confused now
2020-9-8
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

djiuser_GfYwspljuZyC Posted at 9-8 15:30

here is the video

Hi there, I have replied to your post: https://forum.dji.com/thread-224633-1-1.html, your situation has been forwarded to the related team to follow up.
2020-9-14
Use props
S.J
Second Officer
Flight distance : 322454 ft
Kuwait

djiuser_GfYwspljuZyC Posted at 9-8 15:30

here is the video

this is a known issue at DJI . My spark had a similar issue and nobody at DJI  could rectify the issue. I think the motherboard has to be changed.
I am surprised this has started with Mavic 2 pro. If you did mod the drone and used at high ambient temperature, please confirm here
2020-9-15
Use props
djiuser_GfYwspljuZyC
lvl.2
Canada

Stock drone  With stock propellers , with smart controller ( no app installed) this issue happened  first time with the original controller and my android phone.  I thgouht that the phone is the probleme .that why i brought the smart controller and it happened again  . Between the first drop iand the second i did the  firmaware refresh  and a sonsor calibration. And imu calibration

Im prety sure it is the down sonsor or the altimetre. Because it d'id'n  see the ground ..

For now dji  say that the drone land correctly  . I have uploaded  to them other data. . And i m waiting  for there next email.
2020-9-15
Use props
djiuser_GfYwspljuZyC
lvl.2
Canada

The dji support team replay today :

"from the video of the user send, the landing is not even hard. is the drone damaged during that landing? nothing wrong with the drone, if the user still have a concern please send the drone in"

So for dji a mavic 2 landing procedur is  1- touch the ground 2-dont stop the motor 3-go up again. Good

And yes if the drone don't have a broken arm or gimble ( dispite thas ) it is not broken
2020-9-18
Use props
K6CCC
Second Officer
Flight distance : 651683 ft
United States

i have reached the dji customer support today and they want me send it to

DJI Service Center
4051 Highway 121, Suite 100, Grapevine, TX, 76051

I can tell you that I just had my Mini repaired at the DJI Texas facility.  From the time they unboxed it until repair was completed and shipped was about 28 hours, and the cost was quite reasonable.  I realize it may be a little more involved because you are in Canada as opposed to me in southern California.
2020-9-18
Use props
djiuser_GfYwspljuZyC
lvl.2
Canada

Really it not the time . Or the money  .i even have a dji care linked to this drone .

My probleme is that they say that landing is normal and nothing  went wrong with the sonsor during this flight. It is normal to be un happy if the drone didn't work us intended
The drone still under warenty ( 5 month) and i have allready lost faith  in this unit .
2020-9-18
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules