I can't connect my Mavic 2 Pro to my PC
8796 19 2020-9-6
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Richard Ballan
lvl.1
Flight distance : 14035 ft
Lebanon

It keeps trying to find it but is unable to recognize the USB device. The Assistant recognizes a Mavic 2 Pro is connected (sometimes) but can't retrieve any information, not even firmware version. The "smart controller" is also garbage. Have we found any solutions to this problem. I see threads about it from 4 years ago, it's honestly discouraging and a disgrace for DJI.

2020-9-6
Use props
Marty Markoe
First Officer
Flight distance : 15135 ft
  • >>>
United States

Are you using the latest DJI Assistant 2 version? If yes, try a different USB cable.
2020-9-7
Use props
JohnDG
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1097270 ft
Belgium

Hi Richard,

keep in mind that the SC has a usb c connector. Some computer usb connections might have problems with it. Try another usb connector on your pc, it might have a different technology. If not, you can try conecting a usb-hub and the SC to that hub. Sometimes it helps when there is a incompatibility to the usb connection.
2020-9-7
Use props
Richard Ballan
lvl.1
Lebanon

JohnDG Posted at 9-7 12:16
Hi Richard,

keep in mind that the SC has a usb c connector. Some computer usb connections might have problems with it. Try another usb connector on your pc, it might have a different technology. If not, you can try conecting a usb-hub and the SC to that hub. Sometimes it helps when there is a incompatibility to the usb connection.

Nothing is wrong from my end. It's your products that need revision. Anyways i fixed it myself.
2020-9-7
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

Richard Ballan Posted at 9-7 13:06
Nothing is wrong from my end. It's your products that need revision. Anyways i fixed it myself.

Why are you being rude to JohnDG? He is NOT from DJI, he is just another owner trying to help you out.
2020-9-7
Use props
Paul_
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4472 ft
United States

And the fix was?
2020-9-7
Use props
JohnDG
Second Officer
Belgium

Geebax Posted at 9-7 14:33
Why are you being rude to JohnDG? He is NOT from DJI, he is just another owner trying to help you out.

Thank you, Geebax. We're just another user trying to help out.

But I get his frustration. When it doesn't always work like you expected.

2020-9-8
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused. We are happy to know that your previous trouble was resolved. If you have further concern or inquiry, please feel free to post it here at DJI Forum. Again, I am sorry for the trouble. Thank you.
2020-9-10
Use props
Cavu Films
First Officer
Flight distance : 549295 ft
  • >>>
United States

We are all wondering how you fixed it because it might help others in the future.
2020-9-10
Use props
Richard Ballan
lvl.1
Lebanon

JohnDG Posted at 9-8 01:11
Thank you, Geebax. We're just another user trying to help out.  

Smart controller not connecting if there's an SD in it is just stupid.

This is not a case of things not working out as expected, but of actual bugs that shouldn't have to be so tedious to figure out and fix.  

This has been an ongoing theme with DJI software for years now. I've had software issues with every DJI product i've ever used in my career.

Like i said, the issue i have, i found it's solution from threads made years ago. It's definitely not going around the neighborhood collecting USB-C cables and borrowing other PCs, 'cause that's not the solution i want anyways. I want it to work on my own PC with the USB-C cable that came with the thing, and nothing else.

How can such an issue with a cheap fix go on for so long... Is DJI at odds with Microsoft or something?

2020-9-13
Use props
JohnDG
Second Officer
Belgium

Richard Ballan Posted at 9-13 15:12
Smart controller not connecting if there's an SD in it is just stupid.

This is not a case of things not working out as expected, but of actual bugs that shouldn't have to be so tedious to figure out and fix.  

Hi Richard,

well my SC is working without or with SD card in it. It is so that when you upgrade the firmware, you better remove the SD card. After installing the new firmware, reinsert the SD card and set the default storage to either internal memory or SD card as you wish. Replacing the firmware by using the wifi of the SC is also not the best option. You better use the DJI Assistent for that.

Concerning the USB, there are lots of manufacturers and sometimes on the same pc you will find different usb-ports manufactured by different suppliers. The times you had the first standard of USB and USB2, most equipment worked fine. Introducing USB 3 and now USB c standards have made it more difficult. I had mismatches with USB 3 memory sticks in one port of my pc, that worked correctly with another port on the same pc.

I'm using a custom build pc with usb2, usb3 and usb c connectors. All of them works (luckily) with my M2P and SC. The problem of mismatches on usb can depend on both sides, DJI as well as the manufacturer of your usb-connectors. I found that it sometimes helps to put a usb-hub in between. Sometimes ... it isn't always so.

It is also possible that your devices differs a little bit of mines. A little drop in output voltage and it might make the difference between working or not working.

If the problem remains, you can try to have the equipment replaced by DJI. On the forum you get help from a fellow drone owner. We try to share our knowledge to help people with same kind of problems.  I'm a retired system admin, so I try to advice people with pc related problems. The forum is monitored by DJI, but most of the time you get a sort of standard message. I would try at the shop where you bought the drone or with DJI service directly.
2020-9-14
Use props
Richard Ballan
lvl.1
Lebanon

JohnDG Posted at 9-14 01:24
Hi Richard,

well my SC is working without or with SD card in it. It is so that when you upgrade the firmware, you better remove the SD card. After installing the new firmware, reinsert the SD card and set the default storage to either internal memory or SD card as you wish. Replacing the firmware by using the wifi of the SC is also not the best option. You better use the DJI Assistent for that.

Thanks for the info.
I have an ASUS 5 year old high end motherboard with USB2 and 3 ports. Changing ports from front to back does seem to help sometimes. I do not expect these kinds of problems from a relatively new product especially with solution being a usb patch file. I've had software issues in the past with the ronin, ronin-M, ronin 2, osmo, ronin-s, phantom etc... Currently the SC feels slow and unresponsive at times, a waste of 800$ in my book.
2020-9-16
Use props
kyalami
Second Officer
Flight distance : 17352513 ft
Sweden

Richard Ballan Posted at 9-16 08:39
Thanks for the info.
I have an ASUS 5 year old high end motherboard with USB2 and 3 ports. Changing ports from front to back does seem to help sometimes. I do not expect these kinds of problems from a relatively new product especially with solution being a usb patch file. I've had software issues in the past with the ronin, ronin-M, ronin 2, osmo, ronin-s, phantom etc... Currently the SC feels slow and unresponsive at times, a waste of 800$ in my book.

Hi,
Just installed the assistant on my pc just now to see how this works.
I have the same problem today (first time) with the USB-C cable that came with the drone. It did not connect either. I change the cable to the one from my phone which has a USB-C in one end and an ordinary USB connection in the other end to the computer and it worked. So its definitely worth trying with another cable.
Cheers
Tony
2020-9-16
Use props
JohnDG
Second Officer
Belgium

Richard Ballan Posted at 9-16 08:39
Thanks for the info.

Hi Richard,

I'm using an asus motherboard as well. Somewhat older, from 2012. Got build in usb 2 and usb 3 ports. But I added a build in memory card reader from another brand, which also provided me usb-c and a couple of usb 3 ports on the front of my pc.

I don't find my SC unresponsive and slow. I feel there's still something not right with yours.
Try to reinstall the firmware and do a manufacturer reset. Had to do that myself too when it didn't want to upgrade to a newer firmware. Well, actuale I had installed the Litchy app on the SC. After the installation, I installed litchy again, succesfully.
2020-9-17
Use props
JohnDG
Second Officer
Belgium

kyalami Posted at 9-16 10:42
Hi,
Just installed the assistant on my pc just now to see how this works.
I have the same problem today (first time) with the USB-C cable that came with the drone. It did not connect either. I change the cable to the one from my phone which has a USB-C in one end and an ordinary USB connection in the other end to the computer and it worked. So its definitely worth trying with another cable.

correct Tony,

not all cables are the same. It's all usb, but there are full wired usb-cables and others that are not fully wired. It can also make a difference when charging a device.

So, trying a different cable can make the difference too.
2020-9-17
Use props
Richard Ballan
lvl.1
Lebanon

JohnDG Posted at 9-17 02:34
Hi Richard,

I'm using an asus motherboard as well. Somewhat older, from 2012. Got build in usb 2 and usb 3 ports. But I added a build in memory card reader from another brand, which also provided me usb-c and a couple of usb 3 ports on the front of my pc.

Like I said, there’s always a software issue with dji
2020-9-18
Use props
Ryantoss
New

Vietnam

JohnDG Posted at 2020-9-14 01:24
Hi Richard,

Thanks so much for the in-depth information regard matter of technology experiences, I have to register an account for the first time ever to encourage your dedicated support and sharing. Praise!

Best regards
2021-1-8
Use props
JohnDG
Second Officer
Malaysia

Richard Ballan Posted at 2020-9-18 01:24
Like I said, there’s always a software issue with dji

or with your pc?  
2021-1-9
Use props
kovat53
Second Officer
Flight distance : 324521 ft
Hungary

I have two laptops. One of it works seamlessly with Mavic 2 Pro thru Assistant 2. It means every possible function works: update/upgrade, screen calibration, firmware update. Mavic 2 Pro recognized as USB drive as well. Other laptop works with Assistant 2 , but I had to manually give the screen resolution, despite of default 1980x1020.  After it screen calibration worked well. One thing is missing on the second laptop: Mavic 2 Pro is not recognized as USB drive. I tried different USB cables, driver reinstalling, etc. Lenovo ThinkPad Helix won't work wit Mavic considering USB drive. Just for your information. I gave up
2021-1-9
Use props
Richard Ballan
lvl.1
Lebanon

You're right! I'm the only who's ever had an issue with DJI software ever!
It must be my PC! Thanks man!!!
2021-1-9
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules