1793 21 2020-9-7
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
acrobatprods
lvl.1
Flight distance : 2072674 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Help! What's this? Just reinstalled DJIGo (on Phantom 4 Pro) and now getting fine lines where highlights are clipped. I thought it was some kind of exposure zebras but it's not, the lines are burned into the footage, it's ruined. Footage also seems much more noisy than usual. Strangeness! On a job and need to resolve this asap. Anyone experienced this or know a fix?

Wierd Lines Burned In

Wierd Lines Burned In
2020-9-7
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Can you share a raw example (without editing)?
2020-9-7
Use props
ArcticPhoto
Second Officer
Norway

Have you mounted a filter on the lens? Try removing it.
Are these lines on all photos and video? If so, are these lines/pattern identical on all photos?
2020-9-8
Use props
acrobatprods
lvl.1
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Here's an unedited grab (from video). No filter on lens and the same in photos or video. This is only in the blown out areas and can not be removed in post (its burned in). This grab was while using the D-Cinelike profile but the same if no profile is used. When testing with D-Log, it eliminates 95% of the lines but not all, besides I like to shoot in D-Cinelike so need to get to the bottom of why this is happening. Its only a recent issue after re-installing the firmware.
Lines copy.jpg
2020-9-8
Use props
ArcticPhoto
Second Officer
Norway

Are these lines visible in still photos? Both in RAW and jpg?
This looks like an error in the signal processing from the sensor. There have been other reports of the same issue after updating DJI Go4. Try installing an older version. You can find older versions for Android at apkpure.com.
2020-9-8
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused. With regards to this concern. Kindly please try to reset the camera settings of your DJI Phantom 4 Pro to isolate the issue. If issue still persist, please try to manually adjust the camera settings. Please keep us posted for further assistance. Thank you.
2020-9-8
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

Usually this is caused by a faulty ribbon cable between the camera and gimbal.It is a hardware fault, refreshing firmware will not solve it.
2020-9-8
Use props
acrobatprods
lvl.1
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Thanks Geebax. This is a fix I haven't heard of before. Would the faulty ribbon cable show these fine lines only in the over exposed areas? I can get rid of the lines if in a wide landscape for example (dark foreground & bright sky) I expose the highlights properly but often to get proper exposure on the ground I need to overexpose the sky a little. Seems strange that a ribbon fault would effect only the highlights and not the whole image but you could be right. Have you had experience of this issue before?
2020-9-8
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

acrobatprods Posted at 9-8 01:53
[view_image]

Here's an unedited grab (from video). No filter on lens and the same in photos or video. This is only in the blown out areas and can not be removed in post (its burned in). This grab was while using the D-Cinelike profile but the same if no profile is used. When testing with D-Log, it eliminates 95% of the lines but not all, besides I like to shoot in D-Cinelike so need to get to the bottom of why this is happening. Its only a recent issue after re-installing the firmware.

Thank you for the additional information. I have sent a PM, please check at your most convenient time. Thank you.
2020-9-8
Use props
acrobatprods
lvl.1
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Hi Paladin, thanks for your response. I'm pretty sure it's not moire. Here are two further examples, one overexposed and one with the highlights properly exposed nd as you'll see there is nothing in the highlight area that should cause moire.

Lines 4.jpg
2020-9-8
Use props
acrobatprods
lvl.1
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Properly exposed (no lines) and nothing to cause moire.
Lines 5.jpg
2020-9-8
Use props
acrobatprods
lvl.1
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Download link of example video (with lines): https://we.tl/t-HhBaq2naph
2020-9-8
Use props
Goldenseal
lvl.4
Flight distance : 487034 ft
United States

I have noticed that when the flat ribbon cable on the gimbal goes bad, it will have hot pixels also. Have you turned off the over exposure warning?
2020-9-8
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

acrobatprods Posted at 9-8 14:39
Hi Paladin, thanks for your response. I'm pretty sure it's not moire. Here are two further examples, one overexposed and one with the highlights properly exposed nd as you'll see there is nothing in the highlight area that should cause moire.

I am sorry to know that the issue still persists and thank you for the additional information. After checking the video you have forwarded. It would be best to contact our DJI support team to start up a ticket to further diagnose the cause issue. There may be something on the camera that is causing this issue. Please not that the repair cost will depend on the warranty period of the drone; otherwise, valid charges will apply. Again, I am sorry for the trouble. Thank you.
2020-9-9
Use props
Ricardo Moura
New

Portugal

I have the same issue, in an Phantom 4Pro.
It’s like the zebra lines, are added to the footage. Turn off “ zebra lines “ in the app, but the issue is still ongoing.
Any sugestions?
2022-5-5
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

Ricardo Moura Posted at 5-5 08:51
It’s like the zebra lines, are added to the footage. Turn off “ zebra lines “ in the app, but the issue is still ongoing.
Any sugestions?

Yes, as noted earlier in this thread, it is usually a faulty flat camera cable between the gimbal and the electronics.
2022-5-5
Use props
ro_flyer
First Officer
Flight distance : 7557283 ft
Brazil

ArcticPhoto Posted at 2020-9-8 00:59
Have you mounted a filter on the lens? Try removing it.
Are these lines on all photos and video? If so, are these lines/pattern identical on all photos?

Thanks for this good info.
2022-5-12
Use props
Cottonline
lvl.2
Flight distance : 173474 ft
Canada

Same problem. P4p+. Did anyone find a solution? Thanks
2022-10-18
Use props
Cottonline
lvl.2
Flight distance : 173474 ft
Canada

Ricardo Moura Posted at 5-5 08:51
It’s like the zebra lines, are added to the footage. Turn off “ zebra lines “ in the app, but the issue is still ongoing.
Any sugestions?

Were you able to resolve this with a new cable? Thanks
2022-10-18
Use props
ro_walker
First Officer
Brazil

Have you mounted a filter on the lens? Try removing it.
2022-10-25
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

ro_walker Posted at 10-25 12:26
Have you mounted a filter on the lens? Try removing it.

No filter could produce that effect. It is, as stated, a camera electronic fault.
2022-10-29
Use props
ro_walker
First Officer
Brazil

Geebax Posted at 10-29 16:28
No filter could produce that effect. It is, as stated, a camera electronic fault.

indeed mate
2022-10-30
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules