Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Phantom 4 Pro SUB G Antenna's
1425 4 2020-9-7
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DJR00
lvl.4
Flight distance : 8817585 ft
  • >>>
United States

Does anyone know what these Sub G antenna's are for on the Phantom 4 Pro/Adv? I have two Phantom 4 Pro's and only one has them. The other one doesn't even have the connectors on the 3 in 1 controller board for them. One Drone is 6 months newer than the other and it's the newer one that does not have them. Is this something that was found was unnecessary on the newer Phantom 4 Pro V1? I know the V2.0 doesnt have them either. What are they for and are they needed? Any help would be appreciated ! Thanks

2020-9-7
Use props
Geebax
First Officer
Australia

You are not giving us much to work on, how about a photo or two?
2020-9-8
Use props
DJR00
lvl.4
Flight distance : 8817585 ft
  • >>>
United States

Geebax Posted at 9-8 13:44
You are not giving us much to work on, how about a photo or two?

Thanks for your response! They mount inside the AC and just like the leg Antenna's, they attach to the main 3 in 1 board except in a different area of the board. Some P4P's have them some don't . Not all 3 in 1 boards have the connection for them either. Mainly first generation of Phantom 4 Pro/Adv V1.0. I searched this forum and only found another person asking the same question but no answer to him.

Heres a pic I found https://www.aerialmediapros.com/ ... -sub-g-antenna.html

2020-9-8
Use props
cecilk
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1978 ft

South Africa

Hello DJR00,Did You Find Out About The 3 In 1 Board Missing Antenas Ports ?
2022-9-17
Use props
LZJ
lvl.2
Flight distance : 101184 ft
United States

You are absolutely correct.   I've found that Obsidians don't have the sub G internal antennas and don't have the two IPEX connectors on their 3-in-1 boards.  What they do and what effect they have on signal I have no clue.  Apparently some newer manufactured 3-in-1 boards don't have the connectors.  That was the case with mine.  My p4p 3-in-1 board number --> p02144.06 CS 1642  a replacement board I recently bought for it that doesn't have the connectors  -->p02144.07 LN 1742  
aa.jpg
2022-11-19
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules