United States

hey Guys,

Finally got an FPV set-up for my Phantom 2. Here's what I got:

(1) DJI iOSD mini
(1) Plug and Play Cable
(1) Immersion RC 600mw 5.8 GHz
Set of 5.8GHz Fatshark spiroNET Antenne Set Cloverleaf and SPW
And BlackPearl 7" 7-channel monitor.

I've installed everything, wrapped the cables neatly. But now when my phantom is up flying, it tends to yaw towards one side, sometimes it wobbles around as though a gust of wind went through it (even with no wind).

Could this be due to the installation? is the drone 'off balance'?

Lastly, off topic, the signal I'm getting from the gopro to the BlackPearl is intermittent at the smallest distance (10' away) and by 200+ ft the signal is virtually gone.

What could be the problem?
2014-11-20
Use props
sasvet02
lvl.1
United States

Here's a video of my situation:

Starting at 0:04 to 0:09 you can clearly see the Phantom titled towards screen right.

I read online some folks change a few settings in the Phantom 2 app (pitch, roll, yaw, attitude etc)

Is anyone else having similar issues? Any ideas how to resolve it?
2014-11-21
Use props
YUHENG
lvl.1

China

Please check the flash light on the back.  If it turn yellow that means the GPS reception is really bad and Phantom 2 is gonna be unstablilized.
2014-11-23
Use props
away-point
lvl.3

United States

You sure that lean isn't due to the wind?

Try making your antenna more vertical.
2014-11-23
Use props
insitb
lvl.3

Singapore

Sounds breezy to me. And check out the flags to the extreme right; oh, it's breezy alright. And the copter is leaning into that breeze - nothing weird that I can see here.

I think you're flying in ATTI here, correct?
2014-11-23
Use props
ghostmaster
lvl.2

Portugal

There is no problem because you are using ATTI...
2014-11-23
Use props
sasvet02
lvl.1
United States

ghostmaster Posted at 2014-11-24 12:59
There is no problem because you are using ATTI...

How can you tell I was flying in ATTI.

Aren't I suppose to enable Naza mode before I can be flying in ATTI? Otherwise those switches don't change anything when the Phantom comes stock.
2014-11-25
Use props
kenargo
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

ATTI is attitude and level hold; it means the Phantom remains at the same altitude and level but may drift in the wind (so no position hold).  GPS can hold position in addition to altitude because it has GPS lock.

If you have a screen connected it is indicated in (IIRC) the upper left and if you can see the LEDs they have different flash patterns to indicate mode.  The chart attached to the controller has the different displays for reference.
2014-11-25
Use props
sasvet02
lvl.1
United States

kenargo Posted at 2014-11-26 08:12
ATTI is attitude and level hold; it means the Phantom remains at the same altitude and level but may ...

And in order to be in ATTI mode I must first activate Naza mode correct?
2014-11-25
Use props
kenargo
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

In order to control it manually (via the S2 switch) you need to be in Naza-M mode, correct.

I am not sure is if the Phantom will enter ATTI mode automatically if the satellite locks fewer than 6 satellites while in flight; it might but I'd need to test that somehow.  Maybe someone else has experience in flying and having satellites drop off and can confirm what happens in this case.
2014-11-25
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules