Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
DJI FPV Goggles Freeze During Flight > Drone Crash
1917 2 2020-9-8
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
ratitup
lvl.1

United States

Anyone experience total goggle freeze out during flight?  Mine resulted in a total loss (unrecoverable) drone / flight controller + gopro.  

~10 seconds into normal power-up and take-off, the picture in goggles froze.  I chose to attempt stablizing the drone (flying over a river) while waiting for the picture to come back.  After ~8 seconds, the frozen display went to black and the DJI logo appeared as if the goggles were rebooting themselves.  At this point I took the goggles off and tried to find the drone which at this point had already dropped into the river.  

Case created with DJI on 8/28 (11 days ago).  Have not heard anything other than engineers are looking into the flight records from goggles & radio.  I've posted those here: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1pbRZhxv8zLaWDvE01Kvdh4bVsLenH1rc?usp=sharing

Friends saying it's a sign to go back to analog but I'd really like to trust this system.  
2020-9-8
Use props
JSKCKNIT
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1208566 ft
  • >>>
United States

I had that happen to me for the first time yesterday. Luckily I was low over grass, but it has me second guessing going digital with a long range quad now.  Hoping to find a solution.  SD card (SanDisk 128gb) was not full, so I know that's not an issue.
2022-3-6
Use props
TheViking
lvl.1

Norway

I had the same (except total loss) happen two times.
Both times, the image froze/went black - then rebooted.   

2022-5-31
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules