Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Issue with Boomerang quick shot
2404 54 2020-9-8
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
A J
Captain
Flight distance : 13838848 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

JM.REYES Posted at 9-15 00:27
For more information, take the shot by setting My friend as an object of monitoring the boomerang, I am the one where the cars, watching that the tree does not move from place ... hahahahaha. Shoot at a distance of about 20/25 feet (6/7 meters) from the target.

That seems to be the key - starting off about 25 feet away from the target. Thanks for sharing.
2020-9-15
Use props
JodyB
lvl.4
Flight distance : 302536 ft
  • >>>
United States

JM.REYES Posted at 9-15 00:27
For more information, take the shot by setting My friend as an object of monitoring the boomerang, I am the one where the cars, watching that the tree does not move from place ... hahahahaha. Shoot at a distance of about 20/25 feet (6/7 meters) from the target.

Thank you my friend, I will try from further distances as well. It looks as though you and your friend was having some fun performing those experiments!!
2020-9-15
Use props
JM.REYES
lvl.4
Flight distance : 84423 ft
Spain

JodyB Posted at 9-15 03:42
Thank you my friend, I will try from further distances as well. It looks as though you and your friend was having some fun performing those experiments!!

Please mate. Keep me informed of the result, I would be very happy to know that it is only a distance problem.
It was a short day, but we were satisfied with the results. For my part, I took the risk of taking my MA2 to 4 kilometers, with splendid results, without cuts of any kind. I am very happy and satisfied with my drone.
2020-9-15
Use props
JodyB
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

JM.REYES Posted at 9-15 05:14
Please mate. Keep me informed of the result, I would be very happy to know that it is only a distance problem.
It was a short day, but we were satisfied with the results. For my part, I took the risk of taking my MA2 to 4 kilometers, with splendid results, without cuts of any kind. I am very happy and satisfied with my drone.

The Mavic Air 2 is a remarkable drone. So many wonderful capabilities. I truly enjoy this drone for sure!! Not that I don't enjoy my Mavic Mini, it still has it's purpose too! I find myself wishing I had somewhere that I can really test the range though. But living in the mountain area kind of limits that to some degree. But as they say, do with what you have and that I do, lol. I will keep you updated my friend, I hope that you have a great day!!
2020-9-15
Use props
A J
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Did three yesterday and each one worked really well... The key is indeed to ensure that the drone's starting position is further away from you. And the further away it is the wider the boomerang angle will be. Start at 10' AGL and around 80' away - impressive performance.
2020-9-16
Use props
kiminx
lvl.4
Flight distance : 149032 ft
Indonesia

A J Posted at 9-16 22:12
Did three yesterday and each one worked really well... The key is indeed to ensure that the drone's starting position is further away from you. And the further away it is the wider the boomerang angle will be. Start at 10' AGL and around 80' away - impressive performance.

thank for the tips!
2020-9-16
Use props
A J
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

kiminx Posted at 9-16 23:11
thank for the tips!

You're welcome - unlike the original Mavic Air boomerang the MA2 needs more space to work effectively.
2020-9-16
Use props
JodyB
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

A J Posted at 9-16 22:12
Did three yesterday and each one worked really well... The key is indeed to ensure that the drone's starting position is further away from you. And the further away it is the wider the boomerang angle will be. Start at 10' AGL and around 80' away - impressive performance.

Definitely sounds like something I need to try out. I just haven't had the chance though. And today, is rain.... lol
2020-9-17
Use props
A J
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

JodyB Posted at 9-17 03:48
Definitely sounds like something I need to try out. I just haven't had the chance though. And today, is rain.... lol

I've never done so many boomerangs but they all worked.
2020-9-17
Use props
JodyB
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

A J Posted at 9-17 04:03
I've never done so many boomerangs but they all worked.

LOL * In my best Dr. Frankenstein voice* I have created a monster!!!
Seriously, I appreciate you doing that. I would say the distance is my mistake. Maybe the rain we are seeing here now will  allow me a window this evening to go try it out.

Thanks again A J!!
2020-9-17
Use props
A J
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

JodyB Posted at 9-17 04:07
LOL * In my best Dr. Frankenstein voice* I have created a monster!!!
Seriously, I appreciate you doing that. I would say the distance is my mistake. Maybe the rain we are seeing here now will  allow me a window this evening to go try it out.

If it were not for this thread that you created I would have never known how to do identify the problem and would have remained in the dark always thinking my drone had a glitch. Your thread epitomises what this forum is (or should be) about mate. Good work!
2020-9-17
Use props
JodyB
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Sadly, I went out to a nice wide open place to fly yesterday, but my problem still exists. No matter how far away I had the drone, 15’, 20’, 30’ or more still resulted in the quick shot losing me as a target and then changing focus to a pin drop that isn’t where I’m standing. With everyone else being able to do this quick shot, I have to assume that the issue is isolated. So I’m not sure what the issue is and given it’s just a boomerang quick shot, not really sure if I’m too worried about it personally LOL.
2020-9-21
Use props
kiminx
lvl.4
Indonesia

JodyB Posted at 9-21 16:37
Sadly, I went out to a nice wide open place to fly yesterday, but my problem still exists. No matter how far away I had the drone, 15’, 20’, 30’ or more still resulted in the quick shot losing me as a target and then changing focus to a pin drop that isn’t where I’m standing. With everyone else being able to do this quick shot, I have to assume that the issue is isolated. So I’m not sure what the issue is and given it’s just a boomerang quick shot, not really sure if I’m too worried about it personally LOL.

thx for the update even the results not good. then what the real root cause for this error?
2020-9-21
Use props
JodyB
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

kiminx Posted at 9-21 18:55
thx for the update even the results not good. then what the real root cause for this error?

I'm not sure what the cause is. If I'm the only one having this issue, then I'm not too worried about it as all other aspects of my MA2 is working properly. My only concern is maybe others might be having the same issue and but may not even know it because they may not have tried it yet or something and might actually want to use the quick shot.
2020-9-22
Use props
kiminx
lvl.4
Indonesia

JodyB Posted at 9-22 03:54
I'm not sure what the cause is. If I'm the only one having this issue, then I'm not too worried about it as all other aspects of my MA2 is working properly. My only concern is maybe others might be having the same issue and but may not even know it because they may not have tried it yet or something and might actually want to use the quick shot.

yes,
i not yet tried this feature.
2020-9-22
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules