Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
JodyB
lvl.4
Flight distance : 302536 ft
  • >>>
United States

Hi all,

I was out this weekend having some fum with my Mavic Air 2. I got to trying out the quick shots. I tried twice with the boomerang quick shot and as it got to it's furthest away from me point, it would lose focus on me and would come back to it's original starting point and would be facing looking 45 degrees to the right of me with the camera all the way down. I tried this twice with the same result. It would complete the quick shot though. At least I think it completed it, I haven't gone through the footage I got to make sure. Does anyone know what would cause it to lose focus like that? I think that was what was causing the return to original place at the angle it was in with the camera looking down. It's the only quick shot that did this too. I will look and see if it kept the quick shot and upload it if it's needed.

2020-9-8
Use props
JodyB
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Here is the first of two attempts with identical results.

2020-9-8
Use props
A J
Captain
Flight distance : 13838848 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Yep, I've noticed that. All of the other QuickShots work perfectly for me but Boomerang is indeed well off point...
2020-9-8
Use props
JodyB
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

A J Posted at 9-8 12:28
Yep, I've noticed that. All of the other QuickShots work perfectly for me but Boomerang is indeed well off point...

I don't know about your experience with boomerang, but I noticed on my two tries, it lost me when it got to the furthest point away from me. The square around me because just a point on the screen instead of a square. I think if we find out why it's loosing it's tracking at that point, we'll have our answer. Could just be a bug since the rest of them are working.
2020-9-8
Use props
A J
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

JodyB Posted at 9-8 12:31
I don't know about your experience with boomerang, but I noticed on my two tries, it lost me when it got to the furthest point away from me. The square around me because just a point on the screen instead of a square. I think if we find out why it's loosing it's tracking at that point, we'll have our answer. Could just be a bug since the rest of them are working.

Thats exactly what it does for me too. The first half is fine but when it reaches it's furthest point the box around me disappears and the drone returns back at a different angle losing me from the frame completely by the time it's finished. Happens every time whether in 1080p, 2.7K or 4K. I've simply stopped using it now as pointless until fixed in a future FW update.
2020-9-8
Use props
JodyB
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

That’s what I was thinking too. I haven’t seen it mentioned, could have missed it though. So maybe they already know about it and if not they’ll see it here and send it up as usual.
2020-9-8
Use props
3Recon
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4175541 ft
United States

Haven't been able to try that in my flight zone. Just a question do you set your controller in N position like suggested in the tutors? also when selecting yourself or object does it recognize anything else? JodyB I see your in playing field with a metal shed could that be causing any interference? Like AJ mentioned "just going to wait for a FW fix/adjust.
2020-9-8
Use props
JodyB
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Yeah, mode is always n mode when doing quick shots. When I select myself, it does recognize me as a person, denoted by the small person icon at the bottom of the rectangle. And I might suspect metal interfering with the sensors if other quick shots were affected but they weren’t. Only boomerang. Even active track worked like it was supposed to.
2020-9-8
Use props
A J
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

JodyB Posted at 9-8 14:58
That’s what I was thinking too. I haven’t seen it mentioned, could have missed it though. So maybe they already know about it and if not they’ll see it here and send it up as usual.

I never mentioned it before as not something I use often. Glad you have brought it up though and hopefully a DJI mod can pass it on.
2020-9-9
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused. With regards to this matter. I will forward this thread and concern to our designated DJI support team for further attention and evaluation. Thank you.
2020-9-9
Use props
JodyB
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

DJI Paladin Posted at 9-9 06:51
Hi. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused. With regards to this matter. I will forward this thread and concern to our designated DJI support team for further attention and evaluation. Thank you.

Thank you DJI Paladin. Much appreciated. Hope you and yours are staying safe but having fun also!!
2020-9-9
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

JodyB Posted at 9-9 06:53
Thank you DJI Paladin. Much appreciated. Hope you and yours are staying safe but having fun also!!

You are more than welcome JodyB and thank you for your kind words. Stay safe as well.
2020-9-9
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

JodyB Posted at 9-8 06:36
https://youtu.be/1VFY_EfoK0U

Here is the first of two attempts with identical results.

Hi. Thank you for bringing this to our attention after forwarding this concern to our designated DJI support team to isolate the cause of the issue. Kindly please extract the Flight data using the DJI Assistant 2 and for the APP Log, please go the mobile device used for the flight and go to the DJI Fly directory DJI > DJI.Go.V5 then export the LOG folder. Thank you.
2020-9-10
Use props
JodyB
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

DJI Paladin Posted at 9-10 14:08
Hi. Thank you for bringing this to our attention after forwarding this concern to our designated DJI support team to isolate the cause of the issue. Kindly please extract the Flight data using the DJI Assistant 2 and for the APP Log, please go the mobile device used for the flight and go to the DJI Fly directory DJI > DJI.Go.V5 then export the LOG folder. Thank you.

I will retrieve the flight data log  from the aircraft and get the fly app log and make them available first thing in the morning DJI Paladin. Anything I can do to help.
2020-9-10
Use props
JodyB
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

DJI Paladin Posted at 9-10 14:08

LOGS

FlightRecords

DJI Paladin here is the logs as requested. There were three entries for the date of this particular flight but I couldn't remember which one had the failed boomerang quickshots so I exported all three. I then exported the logs from the DJI Fly app and then added them to a zip file to make it easier to download. I uploaded them to my google drive and included the link to them here. Just in case, I exported the flightrecords folder and included the ones for that particular flight date as well.

If you need anything else, please, just let me know. Thank you and all the mods for all you guys do!!
2020-9-11
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

JodyB Posted at 9-11 04:12
LOGS

FlightRecords

Thank you JodyB for the additional information and thank you for those kind words. This will be a great help investigating the cause of the issue. Thank you.
2020-9-11
Use props
JodyB
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

DJI Paladin Posted at 9-11 10:06
Thank you JodyB for the additional information and thank you for those kind words. This will be a great help investigating the cause of the issue. Thank you.

I look forward to either finding out what I was doing wrong or possibly being part of the solution!
2020-9-11
Use props
A J
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

JodyB Posted at 9-11 04:12
LOGS

FlightRecords

Fingers crossed!
2020-9-12
Use props
JodyB
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

I tried out the asteroid quick shot after updating the app just a little bit ago. Thought it was going to work because before when it did the count down to start, it would lag between 3 and 2 and then play catch up on 1. Kinda like 3......21 instead of 3.2.1. The count is accurate now but still loses the subject at its furthest point.
2020-9-12
Use props
A J
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

JodyB Posted at 9-12 10:44
I tried out the asteroid quick shot after updating the app just a little bit ago. Thought it was going to work because before when it did the count down to start, it would lag between 3 and 2 and then play catch up on 1. Kinda like 3......21 instead of 3.2.1. The count is accurate now but still loses the subject at its furthest point.

Seems like we need that fixed in the next FW update - glad to see Paladin kindly taking it forward. Good job raising it.
2020-9-12
Use props
JodyB
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

A J Posted at 9-12 11:05
Seems like we need that fixed in the next FW update - glad to see Paladin kindly taking it forward. Good job raising it.
Absolutely. May seem trivial to some but hey, if it’s in there it should work. I think I may have found another issue. I need to test it again to be sure, I just ran out of time to fly. I was playing around with active track spotlight. I’ve used it before to keep certain things in frame to do the dolly zoom, seems like now when I put something in spotlight and then move forward or backward, spotlight turns off. I could have been doing something wrong though as I was being rushed LOL
2020-9-12
Use props
A J
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

JodyB Posted at 9-12 11:43
Absolutely. May seem trivial to some but hey, if it’s in there it should work. I think I may have found another issue. I need to test it again to be sure, I just ran out of time to fly. I was playing around with active track spotlight. I’ve used it before to keep certain things in frame to do the dolly zoom, seems like now when I put something in spotlight and then move forward or backward, spotlight turns off. I could have been doing something wrong though as I was being rushed LOL

Exactly - probably the biggest gimmick in the drone but as you say, if it's there it needs to work
2020-9-12
Use props
A J
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

JodyB Posted at 9-12 11:43

Im flying tomorrow so I’ll check that in the morning
2020-9-12
Use props
A J
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Hi Jody - just got back from flying 4 batteries on the MA2 using Fly App 1.1.8 on iOS. I had no problems at all with Spotlight 2.0 but Boomerang is just the same. However, I played with it a bit and found that it you draw a box on a solid object like a bench it works perfectly. So the problem must have something to do with the the drone identifying the subject: People, vehicles, animals etc. Definitely needs addressing.
2020-9-14
Use props
JodyB
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

I didn't try with objects.  Although I wanted to try active track out with something like a motorcycle, an issue from another pilot of another thread I read but didn't get that chance or think about another object besides myself. That is a good find though. Seems to indicate a small tweak to AT and boomerang would be in order. I figure I was probably doing something wrong with active track though as I was being rushed to leave. I only got to fly one batt.. lol
2020-9-14
Use props
JM.REYES
lvl.4
Flight distance : 84423 ft
Spain

JodyB Publicado en 9-8 06:36

Dear friend, he wanted to make this video just to show you the result, I remembered your publication and here I bring you my answer. I hope it can be of help to you. A hug.
NOTE: I hope that you and your family are all well, enjoy good health and happiness.

2020-9-14
Use props
A J
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

JodyB Posted at 9-14 07:09
I didn't try with objects.  Although I wanted to try active track out with something like a motorcycle, an issue from another pilot of another thread I read but didn't get that chance or think about another object besides myself. That is a good find though. Seems to indicate a small tweak to AT and boomerang would be in order. I figure I was probably doing something wrong with active track though as I was being rushed to leave. I only got to fly one batt.. lol

Head out when you get some time though we've just had yet another app update on Fly today - v. 1.1.9
2020-9-14
Use props
JodyB
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

JM.REYES Posted at 9-14 09:19

I tried to watch your video friend, but it wouldn't work says Sorry, we couldn't find that page. So far we are doing well. I hope the same positive greetings to you and your familia as well!!
2020-9-14
Use props
JodyB
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

A J Posted at 9-14 09:42
Head out when you get some time though we've just had yet another app update on Fly today - v. 1.1.9

I saw the update earlier, haven't had time as it has been a busy day at work today. I usually catch a little time to spare during lunch, but today, just a little hectic.... I probably will later on this evening though.
2020-9-14
Use props
JodyB
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

JM.REYES Posted at 9-14 09:19

I figured out how to watch your video. Perplexing to me how it works for you, but not for A J and I. Me thinks a little more investigation on my part is required.
2020-9-14
Use props
JM.REYES
lvl.4
Spain

JodyB Posted at 9-14 09:52
I tried to watch your video friend, but it wouldn't work says Sorry, we couldn't find that page. So far we are doing well. I hope the same positive greetings to you and your familia as well!!

I think it's already arranged mate.
2020-9-14
Use props
JodyB
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

JM.REYES Posted at 9-14 10:07
I think it's already arranged mate.

Was that the mavic mini I spied there towards the end?
2020-9-14
Use props
A J
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

JodyB Posted at 9-14 09:53
I saw the update earlier, haven't had time as it has been a busy day at work today. I usually catch a little time to spare during lunch, but today, just a little hectic.... I probably will later on this evening though.

Let me know how you get on. Everything worked perfectly except Boomerang when centred on me. Very odd.
2020-9-14
Use props
A J
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

JodyB Posted at 9-14 10:02
I figured out how to watch your video. Perplexing to me how it works for you, but not for A J and I. Me thinks a little more investigation on my part is required.

Ah - I don't start the Boomerang that far away from me - that may explain it! Think I will try it again with the drone a good 20' away from me at it's starting position.
2020-9-14
Use props
JodyB
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

A J Posted at 9-14 10:13
Let me know how you get on. Everything worked perfectly except Boomerang when centred on me. Very odd.

Glad to hear everything else is working as expected. Will do mate!!
2020-9-14
Use props
JodyB
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

A J Posted at 9-14 10:15
Ah - I don't start the Boomerang that far away from me - that may explain it! Think I will try it again with the drone a good 20' away from me at it's starting position.

Not too sure of that. In my example video I was only around 10 feet away when I started the quick shot.
2020-9-14
Use props
A J
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

JodyB Posted at 9-14 10:16
Glad to hear everything else is working as expected. Will do mate!!

2020-9-14
Use props
A J
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

JodyB Posted at 9-14 10:18
Not too sure of that. In my example video I was only around 10 feet away when I started the quick shot.

About the same as me. JM Reyes seems further out.
2020-9-14
Use props
JM.REYES
lvl.4
Spain

JodyB Posted at 9-14 10:10
Was that the mavic mini I spied there towards the end?

Effectively. It's my friend's Mavic Mini, this time we both went out to do some tests. Your mini is a replacement after an accident, we made sure everything was fine.
By the way, I tried as an experiment, to actively track the Mavic Mini with my Mavic, impossible task because I could not detect and fix it.
2020-9-15
Use props
JM.REYES
lvl.4
Spain

A J Posted at 9-14 10:19
About the same as me. JM Reyes seems further out.

For more information, take the shot by setting My friend as an object of monitoring the boomerang, I am the one where the cars, watching that the tree does not move from place ... hahahahaha. Shoot at a distance of about 20/25 feet (6/7 meters) from the target.
2020-9-15
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules