Osmo pocket for mountain bike
4265 11 2020-9-8
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Cesargp
Second Officer
Flight distance : 458317 ft
Spain

I've been testing OP to shoot mountain bike lately. I know that it isn't an action camera but it creates some nice images, almost too nice cause the stabilization is so smooth that you can't feel the ground beneath in the videos.

I use a chest mount (cheap one from Amazon) and Tilt lock/Slow follow settings. To have the horizon locked is quite useful so you can rely that the camera will be pointing to the right direction most of the time but the slow follow makes the turns weird on the screen because the camera doesn't follow your turn.

It would be great to have a bike/sport mode settings suited to the kind of movement you have when riding. I'm not talking about crazy enduro/downhill descents but more a gentle ride or some motorbike smooth curves.

Anyway, here is a video I recorded this last weekend. As I said, I like it, it definitely gives a different look that the usual gopro mtb video, but it could be better with a few settings tweaks.

2020-9-8
Use props
Woe
Captain
Flight distance : 4129268 ft
  • >>>
United States

Nicely done.
2020-9-8
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there Cesargp. Thank you for reaching out and for posting this amazing video you have created. Great work and thank you for your support.
2020-9-8
Use props
A J
Captain
Flight distance : 13864580 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Very nicely done
2020-9-9
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Cool video!
2020-9-9
Use props
CasualDronePilot
Second Officer
Flight distance : 146135 ft
Sweden

Really nice video and awesome footage! Looks like a beautiful place for a mountainbike ride! Have you tried to shoot in fpv-mode with the OP while biking?
2020-9-12
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

Nicely done.  
2020-9-13
Use props
Cesargp
Second Officer
Spain

Many thanks DowntownRDB, Woe, Montfrooij, AJ...!!!

CasualDronePilot, I've tried every mode/speed combination and Tilt locked/slow follow has produced better images so far. FPV looks weird because it follows your movement better but also with some delay resulting on a disconnected video that doesn't look natural and that end up looking all the way down or up.

I'm pretty sure that you could create some configuration adapted to driving/riding that keep the horizon but tilt at the same time and with faster horizontal turning... I know that this is a very specific need but... It would be great to have it! ;-)
2020-9-16
Use props
A J
Captain
Flight distance : 13864580 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Cesargp Posted at 9-16 11:07
Many thanks DowntownRDB, Woe, Montfrooij, AJ...!!!

CasualDronePilot, I've tried every mode/speed combination and Tilt locked/slow follow has produced better images so far. FPV looks weird because it follows your movement better but also with some delay resulting on a disconnected video that doesn't look natural and that end up looking all the way down or up.

You're welcome
2020-9-16
Use props
nevac
First Officer
Flight distance : 9776798 ft
Serbia

Nice video!
2020-9-17
Use props
MKosmo
Second Officer
United Kingdom

Great video with nice combination of drone footage and I’m surprised you got such smooth footage from your chest mount, will have to try that combination of settings,
2020-9-17
Use props
Cesargp
Second Officer
Spain

MKosmo Posted at 9-17 13:25
Great video with nice combination of drone footage and I’m surprised you got such smooth footage from your chest mount, will have to try that combination of settings,

Also try with the chest mount but in your back, or your friend's back actually (pointing backwards with you trailing him/her). I did it last weekend and it looks great!

2020-9-29
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules