Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Wireless Charging with Mount
3853 4 2020-9-8
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Stormageddons
lvl.3
Flight distance : 14472 ft
Canada

So I assume that the magnetic mounts, be it the ring holder or phone clamp, both interfere with wireless charging, yes? Is this the point of including a non-permanent mountain option?
2020-9-8
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi. Thank you for reaching out to DJI Forum. With regards to this matter. Once the mobile device is listed on the recommended mobile device list, these mobile devices have been tested by our DJI R&D team to work properly with the DJI OM4. For the DJI magnetic ring holder and the DJI magnetic phone clamp, it will depend on the customer which of these two accessories will best suit their needs. Thank you.
2020-9-9
Use props
JodyB
lvl.4
Flight distance : 302536 ft
  • >>>
United States

I can imagine multiple purposes of the removable clamp mount. One would be for those who do not wish to have a permanent mount, or in the case of wireless charging, it can be removed among other reasons. I would think that either mount would prevent a phone or other device that is normally capable of wireless charging from doing so just based on the distance either mount would leave the device off the pad and just because it's made out of metal. Personally, I use a belt clip with my phone so I'll be using the clamp mount myself. Other folks may have other methods that will work for them, I choose the clamp mount for my solution.
2020-9-9
Use props
Stormageddons
lvl.3
Flight distance : 14472 ft
Canada

DJI Paladin Posted at 9-9 08:51
Hi. Thank you for reaching out to DJI Forum. With regards to this matter. Once the mobile device is listed on the recommended mobile device list, these mobile devices have been tested by our DJI R&D team to work properly with the DJI OM4. For the DJI magnetic ring holder and the DJI magnetic phone clamp, it will depend on the customer which of these two accessories will best suit their needs. Thank you.

Sorry, I'm afraid this doesn't really answer my question. You say customers will decide which best suits their needs, but I'm trying to clarify what the advantages of one over the other are.

I'm assuming that using either option will prevent the phone from wirelessly charging. Is this correct? If so, if I wanted to wirelessly charge it, I would need to use the removable clamp mount so that I can take it off to charge, correct?
2020-9-26
Use props
JodyB
lvl.4
Flight distance : 302536 ft
  • >>>
United States

You assume correctly. Use the clamp and take it off before wirelessly charging..
2020-9-27
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules