New Inspire 2 Firmware Released (09/09/2020)
123Next >
20561 102 2020-9-8
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
epicjib
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3016060 ft
  • >>>
Canada

4420 Posted at 10-7 06:56
On the new .500 FW for the Inspire 2 and X5S, I have a shake/wobble on the gimbal roll axis with the Laowa 7.5mm Ultralight lens. At 150g it’s slightly heavier than other approved lenses.  Replacing the gimbal dampers reduced it somewhat but video is still unusable. A cold IMU calibration and compass calibration had no effect. The DJI 15mm, Oly 25mm and Oly 45mm lenses are rock steady on the new FW as was the Laowa on previous FW. The release notes specifically address changes to gimbal roll control. Any suggestions would be helpful.

Im sure they will say that his is not an approved lens on the list and your on your own...Could be because there is no communication with the lens and now this new firmware has picked up on this?
2020-10-7
Use props
Kubik
lvl.2
Flight distance : 868921 ft
Czechia

4420 Posted at 10-7 06:56
On the new .500 FW for the Inspire 2 and X5S, I have a shake/wobble on the gimbal roll axis with the Laowa 7.5mm Ultralight lens. At 150g it’s slightly heavier than other approved lenses.  Replacing the gimbal dampers reduced it somewhat but video is still unusable. A cold IMU calibration and compass calibration had no effect. The DJI 15mm, Oly 25mm and Oly 45mm lenses are rock steady on the new FW as was the Laowa on previous FW. The release notes specifically address changes to gimbal roll control. Any suggestions would be helpful.

If you replace the lens during operation instead of OLY, the shot is clear without shaking. Just another "help" from DJI. Everyone certainly thanks.
2020-10-9
Use props
HeliPOV
lvl.2
Flight distance : 595075 ft
United Kingdom

Nigelpugh7 Posted at 9-13 01:52
We fly commercial with our Inspire 2’s and use them exclusively with CrystalSky screens too.

We therefore must have it confirmed that this upgrade is compatible with CrystalSky otherwise we can not afford to lose our ability to work.

I use crystal sky and the update is fine in that respect... However... The battery management update is a huge negative... Try flying in a strong wind and then the battery management kicks in limiting propulsion and watch you inspire drift away as it throttle back the power! Seriously WTF!?
2020-10-10
Use props
HeliPOV
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Is there literally no way to roll back the latest update to the Inspire 2? The irritation of the 'limiting propulsion to save battery health' is beyond belief and incredibly stupid. I spend a lot of time tracking cars at speed and now I can't because every time I go flat out in sport mode the limiter comes in and ruins the shot. Also  I believe this is a massive safety issue as on a windy day if the limiter kicks in then it's bye bye drone!
Why is there not an option to turn off the battery health saving feature and let the user be responsible if they wish? I would be more than happy to wear my batteries down quicker and then replace rather than lose countless jobs because I can no longer track at speed!
2020-10-10
Use props
JBSonic
Second Officer
Flight distance : 779019 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

What wind strengths are you guys talking about? I mean at what mph winds will the propulsion be limited to save battery?
I have not not flown at a windy day yet
2020-10-10
Use props
ToscanaDrone
Second Officer
Flight distance : 13833304 ft
  • >>>
Italy

Joecos Posted at 10-4 08:59
Please - Can anyone who have upgraded to the .500 fw give a detailed review?    If anyone that has flown and observed i2 behavior, please share your thoughts.  

Here are my questions and concern.

Is the frequent compass calibration requirement fixed?  - NO
Is the Gimbal yaw creep truly fixed?  - NO
Horizon level on x5s/x7?  - NO
Did the hovering & instability improve?  - ABSOLUTELY NO
Did the firmware hamper the i2's speed in Sport Mode?  - SAME AS .300
Are the batteries discharging faster than previous fw?  - YES

2020-10-10
Use props
FVP
Second Officer
  • >>>
France

DJI,

we had enough bug during 3 years.
You sell the INSPIRE 2 for professionals but you create  problems with firmwares updates..

if you do not correct these bugs then it will happen that a legal action is launched against you because the professionals encounter security problems, camera bugs, degradations of stability while stationary, and all this on professional shoots with big budget .

it is not impossible that in the very short term, a large-scale international legal action bringing together a large number of film, tv series and audiovisual professionals will be created to assert our rights.

You are constantly trampling on the rights of consumers by abandoning your promises and especially by degrading your products (compass problems, max speed limitation, battery limitation, hovering problem, no prores raw on X5S, no Force pro for X7, X7 roll and pan drifting). The list is endless.

You know that I am a professional in cinema and TV series, do not take my message lightly.
2020-10-10
Use props
Joecos
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3294770 ft
United States

I've seen enough comments and reviews regarding this .500 fw.  There are 'hidden' features that are not disclosed in this firmware.  Who knows what else they have added.  The deal breaker for me is the - inability to reverse the firmware update.   That alone is a warning sign.

I AM NOT UPDATING ! ! ! !

2020-10-10
Use props
HeliPOV
lvl.2
United Kingdom

epicjib Posted at 10-6 10:06
New i2 Firmware FAIL in Northern Canada!!! Battery Power Limit FAIL!!!
Please look on the DJI Inspire 2 / Drone Owners Network on Facebook for others with the same problems!!!
This “safety feature” almost caused a major failure today. I have a pair of battery’s about 1 year old with less the 25 cycles and 5 min into the flight with the cell voltage still above 4 volts slowed me down so much I could barely bring it back in 25-30km winds. Packs were at operating temp and the outside temp was 10c. It was not controllable with full stick inputs and was over water at one point. So is DJI going to buy me a new I2 when this drops in the water because of this new firmware which limits the movement of the RPAS to the point it won't come back??? I have now reverted to the 1.02.0300 and I'll pretend this never happened....lol

I had the same issue today... Moderate winds and was repositioning quickly as needed to get a new angle on something that was moving and time sensitive... Lost the shot because the battery power limiter kicked in and I ended up creeping across the sky at 3... Yes, 3km per hour! If the wind was a tiny bit stronger it would have just drifted away. Insane how they think this is a good idea!
How did you roll back to the last version of the firmware? I thought you couldn't... Did you factory reset?
2020-10-11
Use props
HeliPOV
lvl.2
United Kingdom

JBSonic Posted at 10-10 01:28
What wind strengths are you guys talking about? I mean at what mph winds will the propulsion be limited to save battery?
I have not not flown at a windy day yet

I was flying in about a 15-20km wind today. It was fine for a lot of the flight but when the battery got below 40% it seemed to kick in. However, a few days ago I was tracking cars at speed and lost loads of shots as it kept kicking in the limiter at any percentage... Was insanely frustrating... Especially when you can whizz a consumer drone around with no problems but they treat the professional drone like it needs baby sitting!
2020-10-11
Use props
epicjib
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3016060 ft
  • >>>
Canada

HeliPOV Posted at 10-10 01:12
Is there literally no way to roll back the latest update to the Inspire 2? The irritation of the 'limiting propulsion to save battery health' is beyond belief and incredibly stupid. I spend a lot of time tracking cars at speed and now I can't because every time I go flat out in sport mode the limiter comes in and ruins the shot. Also  I believe this is a massive safety issue as on a windy day if the limiter kicks in then it's bye bye drone!
Why is there not an option to turn off the battery health saving feature and let the user be responsible if they wish? I would be more than happy to wear my batteries down quicker and then replace rather than lose countless jobs because I can no longer track at speed!

You can roll back but not with DJI assistant. PM for more details
2020-10-11
Use props
Byte
lvl.3
Flight distance : 4654491 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I just want to thank everyone for their honest feedback on the latest firmware update.
If I'd gone ahead and updated, it would have basically screwed the next two month long shoots I have coming up, both involving flying at speed and/or in winds.

Come on DJI wake up. You've sold us professional equipment with less effort and support than you give your consumer toys.

You have some serious competitors beginning to bite at your heels. Sort out your service, fix your products (by which I don't mean just release a new one and force us to replace them outright), and claw back a bit of dignity, or you'll quickly start to see a loss of market share!
2020-10-14
Use props
airpix.fi/en
lvl.3
Flight distance : 427346 ft
  • >>>
Finland

After reading the whole thread it seems that there is no point in upgrading the firmware? The issues DJI claims have been fixed have not been fixed (like horizon and pan drift.) In addition there are new issues like the battery saving feature that might lead to catastrophic results on a windy day. Anyone suggests upgrading for some reason?
2020-10-15
Use props
Governjob
lvl.1

India

great stuff
2020-10-15
Use props
FVP
Second Officer
  • >>>
France

I confirm that battery goes into « safe mode » when it’s windy. So dangerous...

It’s time...

2020-10-19
Use props
David J.
First Officer
Flight distance : 1231385 ft
United States

HeliPOV Posted at 10-10 01:12
Is there literally no way to roll back the latest update to the Inspire 2? The irritation of the 'limiting propulsion to save battery health' is beyond belief and incredibly stupid. I spend a lot of time tracking cars at speed and now I can't because every time I go flat out in sport mode the limiter comes in and ruins the shot. Also  I believe this is a massive safety issue as on a windy day if the limiter kicks in then it's bye bye drone!

When does the limiter show up? I did a couple speed passes (got up to around 55mph) and nothing came up; however, I was near full battery.
2020-10-21
Use props
Coyut
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2559222 ft
  • >>>
Switzerland

Important Info:
All new sold ssd's will require .500 to be recognized. They will not work on any firmware bellow.
So if you stay bellow .500 and share/rent some ssd's from someone else they might not work if they are from the new ssd batches.
2020-10-26
Use props
fans7703e66b
lvl.3
Ireland

So I made the jump to .500 and I immediately regret doing so and now my drone won't fly. Compass error but no matter what I do, roll back FW, factory reset, IMU cal, change location it just keeps failing the compass celebration.  Dji agreed to look at it but because it's out of warranty I will have to pay for shipping and repair, I mean come on. It was working perfectly before the FW update buy they won't take any responsibility. Sickened! The I ask to transfer my prores licence to my backup drone buy they said they can't?? So I had to buy another prores licence, Oh Dji!! Don't update!! It's the Apple update of drones, limp the battery performance of the current line of inspire 2s before a new Inspire comes out (with new a line of batteries) wait and see. FREEFLY here I come..
2020-10-29
Use props
Image Factory
lvl.2
Flight distance : 12114977 ft
  • >>>
Australia

I flew my Inspire 2 [for work] in wind recently and the propulsion limiter kicked in, I had very little control over the drone. Can you please advise when this bug will be fixed?
2020-10-31
Use props
DRAGenDROP
Second Officer
Flight distance : 26170253 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

epicjib Posted at 10-11 21:23
You can roll back but not with DJI assistant. PM for more details

Can you explain me the rollback.
I am pro and need the drone for my work.
Eae explain the rollback, it’s flying terrible now.
2020-11-1
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

fans7703e66b Posted at 10-29 01:38
So I made the jump to .500 and I immediately regret doing so and now my drone won't fly. Compass error but no matter what I do, roll back FW, factory reset, IMU cal, change location it just keeps failing the compass celebration.  Dji agreed to look at it but because it's out of warranty I will have to pay for shipping and repair, I mean come on. It was working perfectly before the FW update buy they won't take any responsibility. Sickened! The I ask to transfer my prores licence to my backup drone buy they said they can't?? So I had to buy another prores licence, Oh Dji!! Don't update!! It's the Apple update of drones, limp the battery performance of the current line of inspire 2s before a new Inspire comes out (with new a line of batteries) wait and see. FREEFLY here I come..

Hi fans7703e66b, sorry to hear about the issue with your drone. I've managed to get your case number via your forum account, our team is following up on your case and will reply to your email. I'll also help to forward the situation to the related team and help you keep an eye on it. Should there any further concerns, please feel free to let me know.
2020-11-3
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

DRAGenDROP Posted at 11-1 10:49
Can you explain me the rollback.
I am pro and need the drone for my work.
Eae explain the rollback, it’s flying terrible now.

Hi DRAGenDROP, may I know the specific issue of your drone? Please let me know more details about the problem, I'd like to help you check it. By the way, please PM me your DJI account, I'll help to forward the rollback request to the related team. Thanks.
2020-11-3
Use props
Gifted0n3
lvl.2
Flight distance : 87454 ft
Mauritius

will this issue be resolved with a firmware update. drone has not flown in 4 months now and this problem started just out of the blue. no crashes no harsch bump to the drone i take special care of my inspire. but ever since the error came up i packed it away. hoping to find answers
2020-11-7
Use props
Inspire_Max
Second Officer
Flight distance : 9211303 ft
  • >>>
Italy

"This firmware update is important. It fixes a critical issue where battery level suddenly drops during flight due to an inaccurate battery level calculation"

Or should be better to make and sell better batteries???

2020-11-10
Use props
Inspire_Max
Second Officer
Flight distance : 9211303 ft
  • >>>
Italy

epicjib Posted at 10-6 14:05
When I updated to the latest firmware I can only assume that the batteries took any updates they required. I then rolled back the firmware on the RPAS.

"Once firmware has been updated, it cannot be reverted to an earlier version."

Yep, how did you revert?
2020-11-10
Use props
Coyut
lvl.4
  • >>>
Switzerland

. 500 is more dangerous than some people not doing their job and keeping an eye on voltage while flying.
This update destroys the ability to fly professional jobs with the I2.

DJI really needs to change their mind and rather fix the 20+ bugs that actually make our lives harder instead of implementing new restrictions that make the I2 useless.

Anyone I know has downgraded back to. 300 as they need a tool that can do some work.

I don't care if you implement such safety stuff in the hobby drones. It might actually might make sense there.

. 500 is like applying the brakes in the middle of a F1 race.

Also why not document such dangerous modificationd in the change log?
I know of people who almost lost their I2 because of throtteling.
2020-11-11
Use props
hartmand3
lvl.1
Flight distance : 693494 ft
Canada

Jumping onto this anti .500 firmware train. I'll do my best to explain the chain of events that have led to my current predicament in hopes that someone can help me figure this out before the weekend when I have a gig I need my I2 working for:

1) During a flight last week I got a message that I had to calibrate the vision sensor system so I did so today in the DJI assistant 2. Failed first time, got it the second time.
2) While in the desktop app I either got a message saying I had inconsistent firmware or for some dumb reason I just decided to upgrade to .500
3) It seemed that the firmware upgrade failed at the 99% mark that time (can't quite remember) or it was successful, but now it says I am running .500 AND it is also giving me the option to upgrade to .500 (confusing)
4) When I disconnected from the computer and turned on my I2, remote, and DJI GO4 from my iPad Pro I got an 'incompatible firmware' message and so I upgraded. This update failed (numerous times now) and now I have an error message saying "Camera Sensor Problem" as well as "Hardware Malfunction. Please send to F*##ing DJI"
5) I have tried 'Refreshing' firmware in the desktop app numerous time to have it fail over and over with a 0x02c103 Error and have had it fail numerous time form the DJI Go4 app as well
6) I have tried downgrading the .004 in the desktop app to have it fail as well
7) I've tried a different set of batteries, taking the gimbal off and putting it in and out of travel mode, turning everything (including apps) on and off numerous times. iPad has most recent software and DJI GO4 version

Not sure what to do at this point as I'm stuck between versions it seems and now have some hardware malfunction. Any ideas or thoughts on this would be greatly appreciated. I just really don't have time or desire to send this thing to DJI.

Thanks!

David
2020-11-12
Use props
hartmand3
lvl.1
Flight distance : 693494 ft
Canada

And perhaps the most simple solution would just be downgrading to either .400 or .300 so if anyone knows how to do this outside of the DJI Assistant 2 app (which keeps failing) I would love to hear about it. Edit: I'm on a Mac. I've found the youtube tuts about downgrading firmware but the .exe file only seems to work on PC.
2020-11-12
Use props
djiuser_Lzspu3omSvXX
lvl.2
Italy

same situation...
I'd like to sell my inspire 2...
Horizon level on x5s is a very ... !
2020-11-13
Use props
Fat Panda
lvl.3
Flight distance : 31050 ft
Hong Kong

Downgrade to 400 firmware via DJI assistant 2, the issue will be sorted out.
2020-11-13
Use props
NickGrierPhoto
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1868012 ft

United States

Confirming all the worst of this thread. After about a month of .500 firmware, I'm rolling all of my airframes back.
x7 yaw drift is AWFUL. Nearly unusable for single op video. So bad I ended up using x5s on a shoot last week because I couldn't rely on the x7. It just constantly drifts to the right on the ground or in flight.

Battery "performance limit" is a hazard. Was flying in 25+mph gusts and it kicked in. Sport mode, full stick and I was barely able to get it back and land making 3mph ground speed. NO WAY TO OVERRIDE. I'll happily blow up a set of batteries vs. losing the whole damn craft. I'm not an idiot and I watch the voltage.

COME ON DJI this is awful, $20,000+ into an ecosystem, it should work.
2020-11-22
Use props
CloudVisual
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 97545420 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Can we have the .400 release notes because I'd like to know what I've rolled back to
2020-11-23
Use props
Coyut
lvl.4
  • >>>
Switzerland

CloudVisual Posted at 11-23 06:05
Can we have the .400 release notes because I'd like to know what I've rolled back to

.400 was never released to public.
It was only installed to newer produced I2's from the factory. There might been a small change in hardware that made this .400 needed to support new hardware.

The last official firmware for pre .400 sold I2's is .300
2020-11-24
Use props
CloudVisual
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 97545420 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Coyut Posted at 11-24 02:25
.400 was never released to public.
It was only installed to newer produced I2's from the factory. There might been a small change in hardware that made this .400 needed to support new hardware.

So does this mean that we don't know for sure if this new battery management feature that people have said have nearly crashed their i2 has been removed - or do we know for certain that the rollback is to remove this. I don't want to be worrying on the next windy day job...

Just for context, I used to have my i2 on an older firmware 01.02.0100 and I put my drone in for a service and the company decided to upgrade my firmware. I am furious. They said that it's safer to upgrade and they went and put me on the .500 and I told them that they turned me into a software guinea pig.

Lesson for anyone out there sending a drone to a DJI authorised service centre - tell them not to upgrade your firmware

2020-11-25
Use props
AeroMovie
lvl.2
Flight distance : 908868 ft
Germany

I also downgraded to the .400 version today, I was even able to downgrade from .500 to .400 in DJI Assistant 2. After that I have to run all batteries for an update.  I hope DJI will wake up soon and give us a professional update without all the bugs and limitations. It's really sad how DJI handles the Inspire 2 and the CrystalSky monitor and drops this hardware.

2020-11-26
Use props
gersphoto.orange
lvl.4
France

This bird is a real big schit. Got it since 2017, not possible to work with it for a good job. Many thanks DJI
2020-11-26
Use props
Byte
lvl.3
Flight distance : 4654491 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

AeroMovie Posted at 11-26 06:45
I also downgraded to the .400 version today, I was even able to downgrade from .500 to .400 in DJI Assistant 2. After that I have to run all batteries for an update.  I hope DJI will wake up soon and give us a professional update without all the bugs and limitations. It's really sad how DJI handles the Inspire 2 and the CrystalSky monitor and drops this hardware.
[view_image]
[view_image]

Thanks for this, did you need to do anything special for it to allow you to do this?
Also, do you know if this would be possible from the Mac version?
My I2 has been sent ahead of me to location and it's running .500. I know for a fact I'll be flying in strong winds so am very worried about these issues. I'm only going to have my MacBook with me on location and will only have one evening of moderate wifi too.

Is there any way to download the rollback firmware in advance?
2020-11-29
Use props
AeroMovie
lvl.2
Flight distance : 908868 ft
Germany

Byte Posted at 11-29 06:04
Thanks for this, did you need to do anything special for it to allow you to do this?
Also, do you know if this would be possible from the Mac version?
My I2 has been sent ahead of me to location and it's running .500. I know for a fact I'll be flying in strong winds so am very worried about these issues. I'm only going to have my MacBook with me on location and will only have one evening of moderate wifi too.

Hello, no I have nothing special prepared.
I just started the DJI Assistant 2 and was shown the possibility to downgrade to .400. Don't think you can download the firmware before. If it is the same on the MAC I can't tell you, I am a PC user.
2020-11-30
Use props
HeliPOV
lvl.2
United Kingdom

David J. Posted at 10-21 12:28
When does the limiter show up? I did a couple speed passes (got up to around 55mph) and nothing came up; however, I was near full battery.

Had it on pretty much every flight, kicked in before I even got up to top speed sometimes. Did it when batteries were full, and on new and more used batteries. Tried it on three different Inspire 2s and had the same issue on all. Ended up downloading some software to roll back to the last firmware and the issue has gone now!
2020-12-1
Use props
LEONIDAS GREECE
Second Officer
Flight distance : 5270591 ft
  • >>>
Greece

In which firmware you be now and in which firmware you had the problem ,with the  top speed ?
2020-12-1
Use props
123Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules