Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
New Inspire 2 Firmware Released (09/09/2020)
123Next >
20522 102 2020-9-8
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DJI Support
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft
Hong Kong

Overview:
  • Date: 2020.09.09
  • Aircraft Firmware: V01.02.0500
  • Remote Controller Firmware: Ordinary Remote Controller: V01.01.0080
  • Cendence Remote Controller: V02.00.0190
  • DJI GO 4 app: iOS V4.3.37 or above, Android V4.3.36 or above

What's New?
  • Added support for Inspire 2 CINESSD 960GB (coming soon).
  • Optimized gimbal to reduce minor roll rotation when aircraft is flying left or right. Make sure to update aircraft and gimbal at the same time.
  • Optimized gimbal to reduce drift when there is no operation or when operation is stopped while aircraft is hovering. Make sure to update aircraft and gimbal at the same time.
  • Optimized power management during flight. Flight power is dynamically adjusted according to the battery temperature and remaining battery power, improving battery usage safety.
  • Fixed occasional issue: battery level displayed in app was higher than actual battery level, which lead to battery level dropping suddenly. Make sure to update all batteries.

Notes:
  • This firmware update is important. It fixes a critical issue where battery level suddenly drops during flight due to an inaccurate battery level calculation. Make sure to update immediately.
  • Once firmware has been updated, it cannot be reverted to an earlier version.
  • Inspire 2 CINESSD 960GB can only be used with CINESSD Reader UG2 (coming soon), while the CINESSD Reader UG2 can be used with all Inspire 2 CINESSD.
  • When using Inspire 2 with Zenmuse X4S/X5S/X7, it is recommended to update both at the same time.
  • Make sure both primary and secondary remote controllers are updated to the latest firmware to avoid control errors or camera and gimbal abnormalities.
  • If the firmware update fails, restart aircraft, remote controller, and DJI GO 4 app, then retry.

2020-9-8
Use props
Joecos
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3294770 ft
United States

Still a lot of issues not addressed.   Just my opinion - the list of improvements seems to be on the positive side.....except the part where....

Once firmware has been updated, it cannot be reverted to an earlier version.

Why is DJI locking up the inspire after this update?  I've seen somewhat of a pattern that when DJI does this, this usually means it is "End of Life" or the product is approaching to be discontinued.
See "Crystalsky" latest firmware.

I will wait and see how this firmware will behave before jumping and making the change.  
2020-9-8
Use props
Rob W
lvl.4
Flight distance : 94390 ft
  • >>>
Sweden

Joecos Posted at 9-8 20:45
Still a lot of issues not addressed.   Just my opinion - the list of improvements seems to be on the positive side.....except the part where....

Yes, a good update, but still so many things not yet addressed.
2020-9-8
Use props
Povilas Stank
lvl.2
Flight distance : 29413 ft
Lithuania

Will not update since these "fixes" solve none of a real problems. Problems with multi links? when they are not usable since it makes app lag or glitch a lot....
This update is Completely useless.
2020-9-9
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Thanks for the info!
2020-9-9
Use props
Matthew Dobrski
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1831050 ft
  • >>>
Canada

Povilas Stank Posted at 9-9 06:58
Will not update since these "fixes" solve none of a real problems. Problems with multi links? when they are not usable since it makes app lag or glitch a lot....
This update is Completely useless.

Perhaps it is useless for your Inspire, but for many others it may be a fix. Every specimen of Inspire 2 has a specific but different set of issues, small or big ...
2020-9-9
Use props
Coyut
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2559222 ft
  • >>>
Switzerland

This update requires GO4 V4.3.36 on Android, but the latest version on Crystalsky is still V4.3.16 Will we see a updated GO4 version for CrystalSky soon or does V4.3.16 work as well?
Since the .500 firmware is not downgradable it would be a mess if it would not work out with the CrystalSky's
2020-9-10
Use props
tonoyanmil
lvl.1

United States

Cool. Looking forward to it. Thanks for the info
2020-9-10
Use props
PH3KS
lvl.4
Flight distance : 39537 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Coyut Posted at 9-10 01:44
This update requires GO4 V4.3.36 on Android, but the latest version on Crystalsky is still V4.3.16 Will we see a updated GO4 version for CrystalSky soon or does V4.3.16 work as well?
Since the .500 firmware is not downgradable it would be a mess if it would not work out with the CrystalSky's

Its always the same with Dji. Without proper information on the release notes we can not install this new FW on pro used systems.
2020-9-10
Use props
Matthew Dobrski
Second Officer
  • >>>
Canada

PH3KS Posted at 9-10 06:58
Its always the same with Dji. Without proper information on the release notes we can not install this new FW on pro used systems.

Your response may suggest that non commercial users of CS may face less significant consequences of .0500 FW incompatibility with Go4 v4.3.16 on these devices, thus their voice can be ignored. This is a discrimination ...
2020-9-10
Use props
EQBView
lvl.4
Flight distance : 14255190 ft
  • >>>
United States

Joecos Posted at 9-8 20:45
Still a lot of issues not addressed.   Just my opinion - the list of improvements seems to be on the positive side.....except the part where....

spot on . . . this the I2s last update I believe
2020-9-10
Use props
Mafia16
Second Officer
Flight distance : 26490948 ft
  • >>>
United States

EQBView Posted at 9-10 15:52
spot on . . . this the I2s last update I believe

im thinking the same
2020-9-10
Use props
ToscanaDrone
lvl.4
Flight distance : 13833304 ft
  • >>>
Italy

Updated via smartphone and iOS... I use the I2 with Cendence and CS and works...
2020-9-11
Use props
fanse2d07eed
New
Flight distance : 288799 ft
United States

Have to wait awhile...telling me Firmware did not load retry.  Which means a lot of Inspire 2 owners downloading and overloads the server. Maybe tonight maybe tomorrow.
2020-9-11
Use props
Joecos
lvl.4
United States

ToscanaDrone Posted at 9-11 07:17
Updated via smartphone and iOS... I use the I2 with Cendence and CS and works...

Please report back with your review of how the i2 behaves with the .500 fw.   Thank You in advance
2020-9-11
Use props
David J.
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1231385 ft
United States

I’d love to hear how everything goes with the update. Thanks!
2020-9-11
Use props
Ground Pilot
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1539337 ft
  • >>>
Germany

Coyut Posted at 9-10 01:44
This update requires GO4 V4.3.36 on Android, but the latest version on Crystalsky is still V4.3.16 Will we see a updated GO4 version for CrystalSky soon or does V4.3.16 work as well?

Yes DJI Team, please check if the new update works with GO4 version V4.3.16 for CrystalSky. Please keep in mind that many pilots here earn money with the Inspire 2 and a failure is not acceptable, especially in Corona times when every Job is important.
2020-9-12
Use props
Nigelpugh7
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4846939 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

We fly commercial with our Inspire 2’s and use them exclusively with CrystalSky screens too.

We therefore must have it confirmed that this upgrade is compatible with CrystalSky otherwise we can not afford to lose our ability to work.

Please issue compatibility statement DJI.
2020-9-13
Use props
fanse2d07eed
New
Flight distance : 288799 ft
United States

fanse2d07eed Posted at 9-11 07:36
Have to wait awhile...telling me Firmware did not load retry.  Which means a lot of Inspire 2 owners downloading and overloads the server. Maybe tonight maybe tomorrow.

False alarm...forgot to log into my DJI Account...Dauh!!!
2020-9-13
Use props
Masemoto
lvl.4
Flight distance : 5137425 ft
  • >>>
United States

Updated stock remote and I2 to latest firmware. Have CS monitor as well.  Flew 3 pairs of packs yesterday without issue.   All is well. Keep calm and carry on.
2020-9-14
Use props
FVP
Second Officer
  • >>>
France

Is the last firmware .500 recognize Laowa 9mm ?
Or do we need to do a hot swap like with .300 firmware ?
2020-9-16
Use props
David J.
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1231385 ft
United States

Joecos Posted at 9-11 11:22
Please report back with your review of how the i2 behaves with the .500 fw.   Thank You in advance

I have not yet flown on it; however after the update the pan motor on the gimbal that had been noisy was quiet, so it seems that has been fixed.
2020-9-18
Use props
Upthedowns
lvl.3
Flight distance : 288353 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Well, update of bird, cameras and all batteries seemed to go well.  Now to find time to test it all!  Shouldn't need to feel this hesitant before an update.
2020-9-24
Use props
FVP
Second Officer
  • >>>
France

Please Dji correct this bug :

If you speed up the yaw gain in Dji GO4, the Inspire 2 become dangerously slower on the YAW axis...VERY DANGEROUS

In this case, for to recover the initial yaw speed, you need to push the Reset EXP & GAIN function.
2020-9-27
Use props
Upthedowns
lvl.3
Flight distance : 288353 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Haven’t had chance to test the update on the I2 yet.  I’ve updated the platform, X4s, X5s  and all batteries

As a test, I did a battery swap to the M210, to confirm they can now be used across the platforms.  No, issue noted there.

However, with the X4s fitted, an inconsistent firmware message was flagged.

So, having made the batteries compatible across the M210 and I2 platforms there is still an incompatibility when using cameras across platforms.  Not a huge issue since I tend to use the X5s on the I2 and the X4s on the M210.  Annoying though.
2020-9-27
Use props
Martyfilm
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1159688 ft
Canada

Matthew Dobrski Posted at 9-10 11:16
Your response may suggest that non commercial users of CS may face less significant consequences of .0500 FW incompatibility with Go4 v4.3.16 on these devices, thus their voice can be ignored. This is a discrimination  ...

I don't think it's in the same category as discrimination.  I can see how it's an elitist approach and in that regard I would agree with you.  But there is something to be said about the other guys argument whereas a lot of us buy this equipment for production/ professional use. I'd think there is some merit in DJI opening up a professional sector where it costs money to belong to. Like a yearly subscription so professionals can pay into a system of having faster repair times, on call support 24/7 support and troubleshooting.  

Going through these threads to find a morsel of info when your gear is down is embarrassing. Especially when you have a client breathing over your shoulder and wating as you sit there and try to navigate an update or a terriblly designed forum.   

DJI themselves classify a lot of their gear as "Professional"  so there needs to be some accountability in that regard.  Even if it's a paid service.  
2020-9-28
Use props
Matthew Dobrski
Second Officer
  • >>>
Canada

FVP Posted at 9-16 04:07
Is the last firmware .500 recognize Laowa 9mm ?
Or do we need to do a hot swap like with .300 firmware ?

I believe you're demanding impossible. There's nothing to recognize since Laowa 9mm is a fully manual lens. No way to communicate with camera. Therefore we're talking about X7 camera firmware allowing to mount manual lenses in general. To my knowledge this is X7 specific issue, since X5S camera is accepting manual lenses without issue.
2020-9-28
Use props
Matthew Dobrski
Second Officer
  • >>>
Canada

Martyfilm Posted at 9-28 05:58
I don't think it's in the same category as discrimination.  I can see how it's an elitist approach and in that regard I would agree with you.  But there is something to be said about the other guys argument whereas a lot of us buy this equipment for production/ professional use. I'd think there is some merit in DJI opening up a professional sector where it costs money to belong to. Like a yearly subscription so professionals can pay into a system of having faster repair times, on call support 24/7 support and troubleshooting.  

Going through these threads to find a morsel of info when your gear is down is embarrassing. Especially when you have a client breathing over your shoulder and wating as you sit there and try to navigate an update or a terriblly designed forum.   

Of course the word "discrimination" was used by me with a wink, but you must understand that the group of non-commercial users of Inspire 2 is not that small like you may think ...
2020-9-28
Use props
JBSonic
lvl.4
Flight distance : 779019 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Good update, did it today and flew it straight away. 2 sets of batteries. Recording CineDNG, just about to look and edit the footage. See how it turns out.
Update went well, did IMU calibration, gimbal cal after.
On location I did compass cal.

Using Crystal Sky 7inch, works flawlessly.

Well done DJI
2020-9-29
Use props
FVP
Second Officer
  • >>>
France

Matthew Dobrski Posted at 9-28 10:31
I believe you're demanding impossible. There's nothing to recognize since Laowa 9mm is a fully manual lens. No way to communicate with camera. Therefore we're talking about X7 camera firmware allowing to mount manual lenses in general. To my knowledge this is X7 specific issue, since X5S camera is accepting manual lenses without issue.
Please don’t speak for DJI.

We know it’s possible. we don't want DJI GO to try to detect a lens. We just want a Manual Lens mode like with Panasonic GH4, GH5 and GH5s.
2020-9-29
Use props
Matthew Dobrski
Second Officer
  • >>>
Canada

FVP Posted at 9-29 10:47
Please don’t speak for DJI.

We know it’s possible. we don't want DJI GO to try to detect a lens. We just want a Manual Lens mode like with Panasonic GH4, GH5 and GH5s.

Oh, I stand corrected. I totally forgot about this option of Manual Lens Mode. My apologies ...
2020-9-29
Use props
djiuser_UEUHvvf188UR
lvl.2

Pakistan

Truly, a decent update, yet at the same time endless things not yet tended to
2020-10-1
Use props
Joecos
lvl.4
United States

Please - Can anyone who have upgraded to the .500 fw give a detailed review?    If anyone that has flown and observed i2 behavior, please share your thoughts.  

Here are my questions and concern.

Is the frequent compass calibration requirement fixed?  
Is the Gimbal yaw creep truly fixed?  (I saw Mad's YT review and he claims its fixed, but saw comments say it's not)
Horizon level on x5s/x7?  
Did the hovering & instability improve?
Did the firmware hamper the i2's speed in Sport Mode?
Are the batteries discharging faster than previous fw?

I'm still in the waiting stage and want to see if this is truly a good firmware change.

Thank You in advance!

2020-10-4
Use props
FVP
Second Officer
  • >>>
France

Is the frequent compass calibration requirement fixed?  NOT
Is the Gimbal yaw creep truly fixed?  (I saw Mad's YT review and he claims its fixed, but saw comments say it's not) NOT
Horizon level on x5s/x7?  NOT FIXED IT'S A SHAME
Did the hovering & instability improve? NOT
Did the firmware hamper the i2's speed in Sport Mode? SAME SLOW SPEED...
Are the batteries discharging faster than previous fw?  I DONT THINK

And the FPV camera loose horizon level in hauting way with this last firmware...
BUT PLEASE, DJI, READ THIS :

There is another VERY DANGEROUS bug :
the arrow indicating the return to the take-off point is sometimes reversed !!!!

2020-10-6
Use props
Joecos
lvl.4
United States

@FVP - Thank You for your honest review of this recent FW.

Your comment and reply to my questions and concern is very helpful.

I Appreciate your time,  coming back here and responding   
2020-10-6
Use props
epicjib
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3016060 ft
  • >>>
Canada

New i2 Firmware FAIL in Northern Canada!!! Battery Power Limit FAIL!!!
Please look on the DJI Inspire 2 / Drone Owners Network on Facebook for others with the same problems!!!
This “safety feature” almost caused a major failure today. I have a pair of battery’s about 1 year old with less the 25 cycles and 5 min into the flight with the cell voltage still above 4 volts slowed me down so much I could barely bring it back in 25-30km winds. Packs were at operating temp and the outside temp was 10c. It was not controllable with full stick inputs and was over water at one point. So is DJI going to buy me a new I2 when this drops in the water because of this new firmware which limits the movement of the RPAS to the point it won't come back??? I have now reverted to the 1.02.0300 and I'll pretend this never happened....lol
2020-10-6
Use props
FVP
Second Officer
  • >>>
France

@Epicjib, how have you updated the firmware of all your battery ?
2020-10-6
Use props
epicjib
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3016060 ft
  • >>>
United States

FVP Posted at 10-6 10:52
@Epicjib, how have you updated the firmware of all your battery ?

When I updated to the latest firmware I can only assume that the batteries took any updates they required. I then rolled back the firmware on the RPAS.
2020-10-6
Use props
FanOfFlight
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1983760 ft
Canada

epicjib Posted at 10-6 14:05
When I updated to the latest firmware I can only assume that the batteries took any updates they required. I then rolled back the firmware on the RPAS.

How did you roll back to .300?  I thought DJI said you can not roll back after this update?
I am concerned about your comments on the 10c and battery performance,  I on occasion fly at at temp zone, which is not for a month or so away, but concerns me.
2020-10-6
Use props
lvl.2
Flight distance : 810482 ft
United States

On the new .500 FW for the Inspire 2 and X5S, I have a shake/wobble on the gimbal roll axis with the Laowa 7.5mm Ultralight lens. At 150g it’s slightly heavier than other approved lenses.  Replacing the gimbal dampers reduced it somewhat but video is still unusable. A cold IMU calibration and compass calibration had no effect. The DJI 15mm, Oly 25mm and Oly 45mm lenses are rock steady on the new FW as was the Laowa on previous FW. The release notes specifically address changes to gimbal roll control. Any suggestions would be helpful.

2020-10-7
Use props
123Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules