Dynamic homepoint not available
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
rahra
New

Austria

Hi!

Recently I bought a Phantom 3 Pro for a special video project. Everythings works very well. I installed the DJI GO app from the Play store, thus I think it is the latest version. Inside the app it also says that the drone's firmware is up to date.

It seems that the dynamic homepoint feature is not available although the manual clearly says that it should be on the left side of the display.
Am I doing something wrong or has it to be activated somewhere in the settings? I could not find anything.

Best regards,
Bernhard

2020-9-8
Use props
JetSam
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 3462946 ft
  • >>>
Spain

rahra maybe this option do not exist in Phantom 3 Series , i think it is only in Mavic Series , Phantom 4 series,
2020-9-8
Use props
JetSam
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Spain

2020-9-8
Use props
rahra
New

Austria

JetSam Posted at 9-8 22:24
rahra maybe this option do not exist in Phantom 3 Series , i think it is only in Mavic Series , Phantom 4 series,

Well possibly, but it's clearly in the Phantom 3 Pro manual.
2020-9-8
Use props
JetSam
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Spain

i have a Phantom 3 SE , there are not Dynamic Home point option in the app, Dji go products before P4 , yes in My Mavic Pro and Phantom 4 (Dji go 4 Products after P4)
2020-9-8
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

rahra Posted at 9-8 22:46

You are correct.   (But the manual isn't)
It's there on p37 of the manual
Dynamic Home Point : Press this button to enable the dynamic home point feature, the home point then will be reset to position of the mobile device.
That's another example of misinformation in DJI documentation.

DJI hasn't had a dynamic home point since the Phantom 2 models.
WIth the P3 and later models, all you have is the ability to reset the home point to either:
The current location of the drone .. or
The current location of the controller.

2020-9-8
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi. Thank you for reaching out to DJI Forum. With regards to this concern. To update the Home Point using the current location of the mobile device, please open the camera view on the DJI Go > Settings > Main Controller settings > Home Point settings then you can choose to update the Home Point using the current location of the mobile device. Please check the posted image below for the Home Point settings. Thank you.

2020-9-9
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules