Android 11 support
759 10 2020-9-9
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
jajani
lvl.1
Flight distance : 2428 ft
Australia

Android 11 is officially out and you still have not updated the app to make it compatable yet. Thats a poor dev team. App crashes on Launch.
2020-9-9
Use props
simplesimon
lvl.4
Flight distance : 142841 ft
Canada

Same here.  It never occured to me that this would break DJI Fly.  I assume a fix is imminent to the app??
2020-9-9
Use props
TAC57
lvl.2
Flight distance : 117835 ft
United States

Any word when this will be fixed and I can use my Mavic Air 2 again?
2020-9-9
Use props
j3science
New

United States

Same issue here as well.
2020-9-9
Use props
andrewyb
lvl.1
Flight distance : 97375 ft
United States

My mini arrived on Sunday, I took it out for my first flight on Monday and then upgraded my pixel 3 to android 11 on Tuesday. I never imagined a company as large as DJI wouldn't have their development team testing the android 11 beta in preparation for it's launch. Even my grocery store was ready with a new app.
2020-9-9
Use props
jajani
lvl.1
Australia

This is just a poor management. I can't wait till youtubers and reviewers start making a video on this. If not I will make one.
2020-9-9
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Hi there, due to the differences in the secondary development of Android 11 by mobile phone manufacturers, we are actively working to adapt the Android 11 system to compatibility. Before the App update record shows that it is compatible with Android 11, it is recommended that you do not update to the Android 11 system, so as to avoid the situation that the software cannot be used normally, sorry for the inconvenience caused to you.
It is recommended that you can pay attention to the update record of the App to see if it is compatible with the Android 11 system. Thank you for your kind understanding.

2020-9-9
Use props
jajani
lvl.1
Australia

DJI Natalia Posted at 9-9 19:40
Hi there, due to the differences in the secondary development of Android 11 by mobile phone manufacturers, we are actively working to adapt the Android 11 system to compatibility. Before the App update record shows that it is compatible with Android 11, it is recommended that you do not update to the Android 11 system, so as to avoid the situation that the software cannot be used normally, sorry for the inconvenience caused to you.
It is recommended that you can pay attention to the update record of the App to see if it is compatible with the Android 11 system. Thank you for your kind understanding.

So you are saying that I need to go and check all my 97 apps that I have installed on my phone to look through them and check if they will be compatible with android 11 or not?

haha if thats what you are saying then you need someone with better understanding of tech and how it works.

Android beta was announced more than 3 months ago

That is the time for developers to upgrade their test device to beta and start working on compatibility issues.

I am an app developer myself and is in charge of more than 8 apps on both iOS and android. We were ready with compatible version nearly a week ago and have the app currently running on Android 11 (official) and iOS 14 (beta) already.

Just a poor management.

2020-9-9
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

jajani Posted at 9-9 19:52
So you are saying that I need to go and check all my 97 apps that I have installed on my phone to look through them and check if they will be compatible with android 11 or not?

haha if thats what you are saying then you need someone with better understanding of tech and how it works.

Sorry for the inconvenience caused, I will forward your feedback to the related team.
2020-9-9
Use props
A J
Captain
Flight distance : 13978875 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Thanks for sharing
2020-9-10
Use props
Birch64
lvl.1

United States

Got this on twitter today with some persistence

Hopefully it will hit on the 13th.
Edit: So people are already getting it in a phased roll out with it being available to all on the 13th. Got my update this morning.
2020-9-10
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules