Compass value
748 9 2020-9-9
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
kyalami
Second Officer
Flight distance : 17352513 ft
Sweden

Have been trying on internet to find out what is a good compass value after caliration for my Mavic 2 pro drone.
Does anyone know bout this?
Thanks
Tony
2020-9-9
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi. Thank you for reaching out to DJI Forum. With regards to this inquiry. I hope that our valued DJI co pilots can provide you the best recommendation for this query. Thank you.
2020-9-10
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

As low as possible in the green. If compass is bad you will receive warning.
2020-9-13
Use props
kyalami
Second Officer
Sweden

hallmark007 Posted at 9-13 01:09
As low as possible in the green. If compass is bad you will receive warning.

Thanks very much for your reply.
I see from the Mavic 2 series compass calibration manual of Oct 16, 2018 that is shows you can have a  value of 106 and still be within the green, as well also a value at 30.
Mine show a value of 31, so I guess that that is a good value.
Thank you again for your kind reply and confirming this for me.
Tony
2020-9-13
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

kyalami Posted at 9-13 01:27
Thanks very much for your reply.
I see from the Mavic 2 series compass calibration manual of Oct 16, 2018 that is shows you can have a  value of 106 and still be within the green, as well also a value at 30.
Mine show a value of 31, so I guess that that is a good value.

Your welcome, fly safe. How are things in Sweden ?  I’m due to go over on the 22nd of this month.
2020-9-13
Use props
TrevorSK
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1547713 ft
Canada

I feel stupid.. Didn't even know there was a number value associated with the compass. It says calibrate, I go through the procedure. If it doesn't, I fly. I'll have to pay more attention next time.
2020-9-13
Use props
kyalami
Second Officer
Sweden

hallmark007 Posted at 9-13 14:10
Your welcome, fly safe. How are things in Sweden ?  I’m due to go over on the 22nd of this month.

Hi,
Still learning a lot about my newly acquired drone and have only done some test flying on an open field yet.

Sweden is great in summer, but now we are going towards autumn and its getting a bit darker and grey. Trees are still green though. Probably similar to Ireland. About 14 deg C day time here in the middle of Sweden. Would prefer to go south to about 20 deg off the equator and use my new drone to film some nice little island with green palm trees, clear blue sky, white sand and clear warm blue water. But unfortunately no planes are going south yet.
Welcome to Sweden.
2020-9-13
Use props
kyalami
Second Officer
Sweden

TrevorSK Posted at 9-13 20:55
I feel stupid.. Didn't even know there was a number value associated with the compass. It says calibrate, I go through the procedure. If it doesn't, I fly. I'll have to pay more attention next time.

Hi Trevor,
The number on the left hand side of the green line is hard to see in the picture in the manual that I have. But luckily the drone is smart and advise when its time to calibrate.
Cheers
2020-9-13
Use props
EdMay2112
lvl.1
United States

Hi all, does anybody know what happens if you fly without calibrating the compass when it says to?  Is it normal to have to calibrate it often?  Thanks
2020-9-14
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

EdMay2112 Posted at 9-14 07:51
Hi all, does anybody know what happens if you fly without calibrating the compass when it says to?  Is it normal to have to calibrate it often?  Thanks

That's a complicated topic and it would be better to ask it in a new thread.
But it depends on why your drone was showing the message.
2020-9-14
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules