Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
DJI Mavic Pro FLEW AWAY
1050 18 2020-9-9
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Olimpia92
lvl.1

United Kingdom

From the moment my Mavic Pro Zoom took off the other day, it flew upwards without my controlling it and I couldn't stop it. It surpassed the 500m max altitude until it reached 3km high in the air and eventually the screen went black and it ran out of battery. I was flying it above the sea so I assume it fell into the sea, I could not see it.

I tried to disconnect it twice and change the control settings but nothing worked, it just flew higher and higher. I tried the Home button which also did not work.

I have screen recordings and images of the drone not responding.

How did this happen? Will my drone be replaced? It was less than a year old and no clue what went wrong.
2020-9-9
Use props
Cavu Films
Second Officer
Flight distance : 549295 ft
  • >>>
United States

If you can post your flight data so we can look at the logs.
2020-9-9
Use props
Olimpia92
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Any idea how to do this? i have found the flight data on the app and it says "export CSV" but then I don't know where it goes?
2020-9-9
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Hi Olimpia92, I'm so sorry for your loss, if the drone is still under warranty, please contact our support team www.dji.com/support to start a ticket for the data analysis, we will help to check what happened and provide the proper resolution.
2020-9-9
Use props
Geebax
First Officer
Australia

Go to this site and follow the instructions. Once it produces a flight analysis, copy the link to it then come back hare and post the link: https://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/Upload/

2020-9-9
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

That looks like a very interesting case to investigate if you can post the recorded flight data.
To do that, go to: https://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/Upload/
... where you'll find instructions to upload the data to that site and it will give a report
For help interpreting the data you can post a link for the report here.
Or just post the .txt file.
2020-9-9
Use props
Suren
Captain
Flight distance : 13425892 ft
  • >>>
New Zealand

Sounds like a real mystery here
2020-9-9
Use props
JJB*
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 12225059 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

wow  3 km high in air, hope it was recorded in the app!
2020-9-10
Use props
Jeas120
lvl.1

Hungary

New movie: "The Adventure of a Drone"
2020-9-10
Use props
Olimpia92
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Here is the log:

https://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/CJVK8C367UOA71NXSRCP
2020-9-10
Use props
JJB*
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Netherlands

Hi Olimpia,

Sorry for your loss, its an amazing log ; reaching that height!

Your drone kept on climbing, even in autoland mode.

Something terrible wrong with your drone in this flight, must be an error in the controlling height signal/processing.

It did fall out of the sky from a height of 3014 meters.

Seek help from DJI ! and if you like upload your DAT file for this flight, more data about errors in the DAT
DAT file on the mobile device, its FLY027.DAT, in the MCDatFlightrecords map.
cheers
JJB
analysis2.png
2020-9-10
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Australia

How did this happen? Will my drone be replaced? It was less than a year old and no clue what went wrong.

There was a serious malfunction in the drone which caused the uncontrollable climb.
Perhaps a clue was that the altitude sensor is wrong from the start - reading -33 metres when on the ground.
This is an uncommon error (I've never seen that before), and indicates a problem in the altitude department before the drone was launched.

The drone just climbed and climbed with the throttle up, down or centred and in RTH and Autodescend.
The normal limits had no effect.
It kept climbing until the battery gave up.

It appears that the drone recognised the normal max altitude limit of 50 metres as when it reached 500 metres at 4:52.3 IsReachedLimitHeight changes from False to True

When the battery gave up, the drone was 3000 metres up but only 70 metres from the homepoint.
It's not possible to tell how far it will have blown from there as it fell.

As the drone was less than 1 year old, this should be a warranty claim for replacement (even without being able to return the wreckage).
Synch your flight data from the app (click the cloud icon) to upload the data to DJI.
Then open an online chat with their support people who will get the process started.
2020-9-10
Use props
Olimpia92
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Labroides Posted at 9-10 07:31

There was a serious malfunction in the drone which caused the uncontrollable climb.

Yes exactly I have now synced and sent in my data and waiting for a reply. Even if the drone was bought just over a year ago by a couple of weeks I surely hope they will send me a replacement given the circumstances of this very serious malfunction!
2020-9-10
Use props
KlooGee
Second Officer
Flight distance : 16783757 ft
  • >>>
United States

Did you have any 3rd party accessories mounted on the drone?
2020-9-10
Use props
JJB*
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Netherlands

Olimpia92 Posted at 9-10 08:06
Yes exactly I have now synced and sent in my data and waiting for a reply. Even if the drone was bought just over a year ago by a couple of weeks I surely hope they will send me a replacement given the circumstances of this very serious malfunction!

is it possible to put a cloud-link on here to your DAT file for this flight?
2020-9-10
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Australia

KlooGee Posted at 9-10 08:10
Did you have any 3rd party accessories mounted on the drone?

The VPS was working normally with no sign of any obstruction.
The barometric sensor had a definite problem though.
2020-9-10
Use props
vasilios.mikros
lvl.1
Flight distance : 13793 ft
Belgium

I had a similar problem. The team support refused to provide replacement because the drone is out of warranty
2022-7-11
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 15997 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

vasilios.mikros@gmail.com Posted at 7-11 09:15
I had a similar problem. The team support refused to provide replacement because the drone is out of warranty

Meaning no offence but what did you expect them to do? It's a limited warranty period. If the warranty period was longer they'd have to charge more.
2022-7-11
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Australia

vasilios.mikros@gmail.com Posted at 7-11 09:15

I've seen the video in your other post.
There was nothing similar about your incident.
When you get around to posting flight data, we'll be able to see what actually happened and why.
2022-7-11
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules