Android 11
5785 39 2020-9-9
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
gnirtS
First Officer
Flight distance : 5712575 ft
United Kingdom

FWIW Android 11 final was release yesterday and started to get pushed out to supported devices.

I've tried it on my Pixel 2XL and no joy with Go4 - It simply doesnt load, you get a splash screen then dumps you back out to the desktop (with and without any controller connected).

So if you get offered that upgrade and require that device to fly, maybe best to wait.

Not a big issue for me as i use the SC primarily but thought i'd check.

2020-9-9
Use props
Jay54
lvl.2
Flight distance : 360069 ft
United Kingdom

I also have Pixel 2XL on Android 11 and can confirm that the DJI Go 4 app will not load - even after clearing down the storage and cache. I also use a SC for flying my Mavic 2 Pro but use the DJI App when I am using my Spark - so this is definitely something that needs to be sorted out
2020-9-9
Use props
gnirtS
First Officer
United Kingdom

Reports elsewhere it doesn't work on Pixel 3s either.

So looks like Go4 is just completely broken on all versions of Android 11.  You'd have thought DJI might have made the effort at some point in the last 6 months to test and adapt but clearly not.
It is getting auto pushed to devices as of yesterday so this could affect quite a few people unknowingly.
2020-9-9
Use props
Jay54
lvl.2
United Kingdom

gnirtS Posted at 9-9 14:39
Reports elsewhere it doesn't work on Pixel 3s either.

So looks like Go4 is just completely broken on all versions of Android 11.  You'd have thought DJI might have made the effort at some point in the last 6 months to test and adapt but clearly not.

DJI testing for app compatibility when there's an Android OS update is fairly basic stuff - but failing to test when it's a major Android OS release from 10 to 11 is pretty unforgivable. I didn't install the Android 11 beta when it came out so I don't know it if the same problem existed.

And this isn't some subtle functionality issue... I mean, the app doesn't even open.
2020-9-9
Use props
gnirtS
First Officer
United Kingdom

It didn't work in the betas either.

There were 3 betas before final going back months so clearly they haven' bothered testing on any.

Cant see it being a major problem - it just quits before loading.  Likely calling something now obsolete.
2020-9-9
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Hi there, due to the differences in the secondary development of Android 11 by mobile phone manufacturers, we are actively working to adapt the Android 11 system to compatibility. Before the App update record shows that it is compatible with Android 11, it is recommended that you do not update to the Android 11 system, so as to avoid the situation that the software cannot be used normally, sorry for the inconvenience caused to you.
It is recommended that you can pay attention to the update record of the App to see if it is compatible with the Android 11 system. Thank you for your kind understanding.

2020-9-9
Use props
IliChris
lvl.2
Germany

What have you been doing the last few months during the Android 11 beta? Are you joking DJI? This is not a satisfactory situation for us customers. We pay a lot of money for a product that is ultimately useless due to the incompetence of the developers
2020-9-9
Use props
prtzy
New
Flight distance : 1297625 ft
India

So basically, I need to roll back my android 11 to android 10 and ruin everything on my mobile, if I want to fly my DJI drones?  It really sucks because I am a beta tester for couple of apps. I will have to buy another mobile, kinda sucks big time.

DJI is acting like one of those cheap garage based drone companies with absolutely zero proactiveness in their app development.

Also, I just created my account here. This issue forced me to...
2020-9-10
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Thanks for sharing. .  
2020-9-10
Use props
A J
Captain
Flight distance : 13877205 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Thanks for the share
2020-9-10
Use props
Jay54
lvl.2
United Kingdom

DJI Natalia Posted at 9-9 19:31
Hi there, due to the differences in the secondary development of Android 11 by mobile phone manufacturers, we are actively working to adapt the Android 11 system to compatibility. Before the App update record shows that it is compatible with Android 11, it is recommended that you do not update to the Android 11 system, so as to avoid the situation that the software cannot be used normally, sorry for the inconvenience caused to you.
It is recommended that you can pay attention to the update record of the App to see if it is compatible with the Android 11 system. Thank you for your kind understanding.

I have over 300 apps on my Pixel 2XL and there is no way I could possibly "pay attention" to the update compatibility record of each one for Android 11.  

You built and developed the app and yet you singularly failed to address the development requirements of a major Android OS release.

This is a failing on your part - not ours, so stop patronising your user base and provide the functionality that we paid you to provide.
2020-9-10
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Jay54 Posted at 9-10 01:06
I have over 300 apps on my Pixel 2XL and there is no way I could possibly "pay attention" to the update compatibility record of each one for Android 11.  

You built and developed the app and yet you singularly failed to address the development requirements of a major Android OS release.

Hi Jay54, we sincerely sorry for the inconvenience caused. I have forwarded the request to the related team, there will be an update soon. At the same time, I will forward your voices to the related team to keep improving. Thanks for your patience.
2020-9-10
Use props
gnirtS
First Officer
United Kingdom

Jay54 Posted at 9-10 01:06
I have over 300 apps on my Pixel 2XL and there is no way I could possibly "pay attention" to the update compatibility record of each one for Android 11.  

Ultimately out of those 300 apps on your phone, 299 of them will work just fine when Android 11 arrives.
Because they use standard API calls, the betas and documentation has been out for months, the emulators out for months and the app writers used due diligence to test and if needed adapt the apps so they were ready before the public roll out release.

The 1 that didnt is DJI Go 4 because it seems the developers didnt do the above.
This generally happens every time a new OS version comes out - Go 4 lags behind because its clear the development team aren't proactive at all and make no attempt to test their app beforehand.
2020-9-10
Use props
djiuser_4tQtlffaXWvx
New

Germany

I have updated to Android 11 yesterday on my Pixel 3a and share the same issue, that DJI Fly crashes. I thought there was time enough for DJI to test...:-(
2020-9-10
Use props
IliChris
lvl.2
Germany

@ DJI Natalia  When can we expect the update? Can you give us a timewindow? I need a fully functional drone as soon as possible
2020-9-11
Use props
gnirtS
First Officer
United Kingdom

If its that important you can flash back to Android 10 via AOSP and stay on it until DJI update.
2020-9-11
Use props
IliChris
lvl.2
Germany

I know that gnirtS, but it can't be the solution after every major Androis OS update. DJI has to do its job on time. We pay a lot of money for this. We're also talking about the officially supported Pixel 2 XL with the original/vanilla Android OS and not a third party manufacturer

2020-9-11
Use props
Jay54
lvl.2
United Kingdom

IliChris Posted at 9-11 05:26
I know that gnirtS, but it can't be the solution after every major Androis OS update. DJI has to do its job on time. We pay a lot of money for this. We're also talking about the officially supported Pixel 2 XL with the original/vanilla Android OS and not a third party manufacturer

This is exactly right.

I can't fly my Spark without the Go4 app (well, not fly it with all the functionality I need) and part of the bargain in purchasing it was that I would get the end-to-end system, including a working Android app.

It's like buying a television and every time there's a software update the remote control doesn't work.

My guess is that sooner or later DJI are either going to slowly lose its customer base - or someone's going to take them to court for breach of contract.
2020-9-11
Use props
IliChris
lvl.2
Germany

As expected, an answer from DJI/DJI Natalia is pending... if we get one at all
2020-9-11
Use props
Isaias Sandoval
lvl.1
Flight distance : 66194 ft
United States

IliChris Posted at 9-11 14:37
As expected, an answer from DJI/DJI Natalia is pending... if we get one at all

In this forum she says before the 18th, not sure how accurate this is since the 18th is in 2 days, but I'll wait and see.

https://forum.dji.com/thread-224585-1-1.html
2020-9-16
Use props
idontknow
lvl.2
Flight distance : 26978 ft
United States

so where's the update DJI promised?
2020-9-19
Use props
Isaias Sandoval
lvl.1
United States

Very frustrating when they just throw a date out there with no confirmation what so ever if that'll actually happen
2020-9-20
Use props
gnirtS
First Officer
United Kingdom

They've had since June to fix this (It broke in Beta 1) and clearly havent even bothered looking at it.
2020-9-21
Use props
Wolic
lvl.4
Flight distance : 130046 ft
  • >>>
Germany

Is only the DJI Go 4 App broken on Android 11 or the the DJI Fly App too?
2020-9-21
Use props
Isaias Sandoval
lvl.1
United States

Wolic Posted at 9-21 04:23
Is only the DJI Go 4 App broken on Android 11 or the the DJI Fly App too?

The DJI Fly App still works with a recent update
2020-9-21
Use props
EdisonW1979
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1535679 ft
Canada

You know what? When a company can’t even be bothered to comply with OS manufacturer app requirements in a timely fashion, what hope is there...

Not on Android, but they STILL do not support the new iPad Pro 11” (and now iPad Air 4) aspect ratio’s, even though it’s now a REQUIREMENT, it’s a damned joke!
2020-9-21
Use props
idontknow
lvl.2
United States

DJI Natalia Posted at 9-10 01:24
Hi Jay54, we sincerely sorry for the inconvenience caused. I have forwarded the request to the related team, there will be an update soon. At the same time, I will forward your voices to the related team to keep improving. Thanks for your patience.

DJI Natalia do you have any update on when DJI GO 4 will be updated to work with Android 11???
2020-9-21
Use props
idontknow
lvl.2
United States

Also, this was posted on the DJI Support twitter page: "Sorry for the inconvenience caused, we'll push the team again. If there is an update, we'll let you know. Thanks so much for your patience." are you freaking kidding me??? the beta for Android 11 been out since June/July!! how is DJI so imcompetent??
2020-9-21
Use props
djiuser_xfPmpV90PIol
lvl.1

United Kingdom

The update is now live and is working on Android 11
2020-9-22
Use props
fans6ede9fc1
New
Flight distance : 15843 ft
United States

@djiuser_xfPmpV90PIol I've just cleared cache, cleared storage, un installed, restarted Pixel 3XL, re-installed the "updated" versoin 4..3.37 via Google Play Store and it;s still exhibiting the same behavior.
Launch, splash screen, close/crash.

Are you seeing expected behavior since installing the same version as me???
2020-9-22
Use props
gnirtS
First Officer
United Kingdom

Sometimes takes a few days to the updates to appear and get pushed to all devices via play store (i dont have it yet, DJIs own site still has old version too).
2020-9-23
Use props
djiuser_xfPmpV90PIol
lvl.1

United Kingdom

fans6ede9fc1 Posted at 9-22 15:46
@djiuser_xfPmpV90PIol I've just cleared cache, cleared storage, un installed, restarted Pixel 3XL, re-installed the "updated" versoin 4..3.37 via Google Play Store and it;s still exhibiting the same behavior.
Launch, splash screen, close/crash.

I got an update in the play store yesterday which fixed the crash on startup. Strangely the version is still showing as 4.3.37 but it definitely loads now
Screenshot_20200923-213214.png
Screenshot_20200923-213714.png
2020-9-23
Use props
gnirtS
First Officer
United Kingdom

https://www.apkmirror.com/apk/dj ... o-4-4-3-37-release/

They did release a new version on Sept 23, kept the same version number but changed the build from 454 to 455.
They do this a lot, update without telling anyone or updating version.

If anyone wants it, its on the above link.  That said, it refuses to install for me.
2020-9-23
Use props
Iggy Vancouver
lvl.1
Flight distance : 329642 ft
Canada

Have Pixel 3 running android 11and DJI Go 4 app wasn't working since phone got updated to android 11. Today downloaded DJI Go 4 app from play store and works just fine. Again able to fly Mavic Air.
2020-9-23
Use props
jcocanour
lvl.1

United States

I just updated my SG10 to Android 11 and now I cant record video in 4k on my om3 or om4. Any update on this?
2021-1-28
Use props
Cients
Second Officer
Flight distance : 5537369 ft
Portugal

Thank you.
2021-1-28
Use props
JohnDG
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1097270 ft
Malaysia

prtzy Posted at 2020-9-10 00:28
So basically, I need to roll back my android 11 to android 10 and ruin everything on my mobile, if I want to fly my DJI drones?  It really sucks because I am a beta tester for couple of apps. I will have to buy another mobile, kinda sucks big time.

DJI is acting like one of those cheap garage based drone companies with absolutely zero proactiveness in their app development.
it is gsm brand dependant.
I am using a Samsung S20fe with Android 11. And flying my mini2 with the latest Fly app 1.2.4 without any problems.
Also have the Go 4.3.40 on it for my M2P. No problems either.

Seeing Android11 problems on the forum are mostly Pixel gsm users. So, if you are using a different brand, I would give it a try before you start downgrading the OS of your smart phone.
2021-1-28
Use props
Lex_Luchor
lvl.4
Flight distance : 98179 ft
Spain

Is there a fix for the Google Pixels with Android 11?

I have a Google Pixel 2 XL with Android 11 and I can't connect my Mavic 2 Pro remote to my phone.
2021-2-13
Use props
Jroberts5483
New

United States

DJI Natalia Posted at 2020-9-9 19:31

Any word on the update for Android 11 ?  I just got my OM4 yesterday for my Samsumg Note 20 Ultra and i can only film in 1080p @30fps, so missing out on the 4k and other fps is a bummer.  For now im using the native camera app because i still enjoy the stabilization of the gimbal, but would be nice to be able to enjoy all the functions and features like the control buttons and tracking modes, etc
2021-3-1
Use props
Jroberts5483
New

United States

IliChris Posted at 2020-9-9 22:47
What have you been doing the last few months during the Android 11 beta? Are you joking DJI? This is not a satisfactory situation for us customers. We pay a lot of money for a product that is ultimately useless due to the incompetence of the developers

The big Google Play App Store sticker on the OM4 box letting us know the app is available on the Play Store is misleading.   Not everyone knows to check compatability before buyimg, especially with the sticker on there that makes it appear as if all works perfectly on Android
2021-3-1
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules