DJI Spark GPS Failed mid flight, drifted into a tree.
1046 8 2020-9-9
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_yp6HIPQvubRy
lvl.1

United States

Hi all, 2 days ago my spark's gps failed mid air and it drifted into a tree, falling 30-40 feet, and breaking the gimbal. This is not the first time the GPS has failed mid flight. Exactly a week prior to the drone crashing itself, the GPS failed and it flew away (in my direction but I had no control). The GPS failed causing an IMU heading error and it flew without my control. I was able to get it back, but it could have really hurt someone or could have crashed itself. Anyway, 2 days ago, I was letting it hover, I was watching it about 100ish feet away from me and 40 feet high (in sport mode) I was flying back towards me then I let it hover for a second, then it said "Compass error exit p-gps mode" and it just flew itself sideways into a tree. DJI wants almost $200 to fix the gimbal. What should I do??
2020-9-9
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there. I am sorry to read and to know what happened to your DJI Spark and thank you for reaching out. Since there was a crash that happened. It would be best to contact our DJI support team at https://www.dji.com/support . We have a professional team that will do there best check what really happened on that flight and give out the best resolution for this issue. Again, I am sorry for this trouble and please stay safe always.
2020-9-9
Use props
A J
Captain
Flight distance : 13877205 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Send it back and get it fixed
2020-9-10
Use props
djiuser_yp6HIPQvubRy
lvl.1

United States

A J Posted at 9-10 03:48
Send it back and get it fixed

Its out of warranty and they want $200 to fix it.
2020-9-10
Use props
A J
Captain
Flight distance : 13877205 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

djiuser_yp6HIPQvubRy Posted at 9-10 03:54
Its out of warranty and they want $200 to fix it.

The other alternative is perhaps to sell it on somewhere like Ebay as spare parts and put the cash towards or new drone.
2020-9-10
Use props
JeyTea
lvl.4
Flight distance : 399984 ft
Germany

this seem to be a common issue with the spark, i have also allready experienced it a few times..would be nice to know what causes this error to prevent that.
2020-9-13
Use props
Never_Again_DJI
lvl.1
Flight distance : 60161 ft
France

Hello. I had the same kind of problem.
My advise is do not pay . Try to demonstrate the problem to DJI.
I know they don't give a sh..t. But we have to fight.
Good luck!

2020-9-19
Use props
JJB*
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 12225059 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

This is the reason why i sold my Spark.
It happens sometimes, out of the blue into ATTI due to yaw/speed/gps thus imu malfunction.

cheers
JJB
2020-9-20
Use props
JeyTea
lvl.4
Flight distance : 399984 ft
Germany

I allready lost a Spark due to this issue. Very sad that dji is not able to tell what causes this problem in order to prevent...very poor support unfortunately..makes me overthing my next purchase..its a shame
2020-9-20
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules