Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Osmo Pocket as Webcam for Zoom, Hangouts, etc?
35490 19 2020-9-10
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans0314bf4e
lvl.1
Flight distance : 239170 ft
Canada

I have seen older queries for this, but it seems the Osmo Pocket would be a great extra USB camera for all of the remote work and meetings we have to do during the COVID pandemic.  If DJI has not updated the system to support being a live camera, then I feel like this product is a dead one.  All of the major camera makers have made software to make clunky old DSLRs great webcams.  I wish that DJI would get on that bandwagon.  They might sell a few hundred thousand more cameras since it is such a great device!

It already does everything that is needed except appear as an extra camera on my computer.
2020-9-10
Use props
hehe2
lvl.3
France

Yeah, we either need that feature or them to document the protocol they use so that the open source community could code the missing USB driver.

It's obviously already able to stream its footage because that's what is done when you plug it to your phone so it's just there, we just need the USB driver on PC!
2020-9-16
Use props
djiuser_T0jy6869abmh
New

United States

DJI - Please add a feature to use DJI Pocket 2 or DJI Osmo Pocket as a webcam. Other manufacturer providers have added ability to use as a web camera. Brands like Panasonic Lumix, GoPro, Feiyu Pocket, Canon. If you add this I will buy DJI Pocket 2. Thanks!
2020-10-26
Use props
Wojtorb
New

Poland

We've been asking for this feature for a long time. Give it to us!!!
2020-12-1
Use props
djiuser_ebT35XdMLF9X
lvl.1
Flight distance : 21440 ft
Germany

djiuser_T0jy6869abmh Posted at 10-26 16:40
DJI - Please add a feature to use DJI Pocket 2 or DJI Osmo Pocket as a webcam. Other manufacturer providers have added ability to use as a web camera. Brands like Panasonic Lumix, GoPro, Feiyu Pocket, Canon. If you add this I will buy DJI Pocket 2. Thanks!

really appreciate .. if you can share ..just in case you found a workaround.. I must use it as a Webcam for my buy offs. in workshop .. bought it .. but now lying on desk.. Thanks..
2020-12-13
Use props
djiuser_ebT35XdMLF9X
lvl.1
Flight distance : 21440 ft
Germany

Anyone found a workaround for using Pocket 2 as a webcam , please share your thoughts.. its must feature for these days where colleagues cannot visit us.. any help highly appreciated.. Thanks. boght it and just lying on desk..
2020-12-13
Use props
user1aec49f70d
New

Germany

I‘d also appreciate that feature a lot! I‘m looking for a webcam which includes active track for my online dance classes. Would be great if you could add the connection to use the pocket 2 as webcam including the active track feature.
2020-12-19
Use props
Infidel101
lvl.1
Japan

I am so disgruntled that this basic feature and 99.9% of cameras is not available for my recently purchases DJI pocket 2. I want to connect it to my PC as a WEBCAM!

come on DJI
2020-12-23
Use props
djiuser_d9AMhuLY2QJa
lvl.1
Flight distance : 58373 ft
Turkey

Hala WEB kamerası olarak yapmadınız ! Sadece bir app çok ayıp
2020-12-27
Use props
djiuser_oQt0Xhuf5f0y
New
United States

I completely agree. The advantages of the Pocket 2 as a webcam are significant and would add to the value of the device with what seems like just a small investment on dji's part.
2021-1-3
Use props
KennyBroh
lvl.1

United States

djiuser_oQt0Xhuf5f0y Posted at 1-3 09:38
I completely agree. The advantages of the Pocket 2 as a webcam are significant and would add to the value of the device with what seems like just a small investment on dji's part.

This is a must....
2021-1-3
Use props
djiuser_Sjd66Ns3yoQz
New

United States

Yes, let's get this done DJI!
2021-1-6
Use props
Jared Platt
New
United States

Seriously true.  Come on DJI... advance with the times and make your cameras available to the computer as a camera!  I could just use a CAMLINK USB converter, just make a was for us to do an HDMI out on it.  Hell, make a new HDMI base for it and just have it have a power plug and an HDMI plug.  We will do the rest with a CAMLINK.
2021-1-7
Use props
Aavalaakso
lvl.4
Flight distance : 328 ft
  • >>>
Finland

Half of the planet 2020:  Working from home using webcams.

DJI 2021: Lets put Story modes to the Pocket.
2021-1-7
Use props
djiuser_nVafQqeSD3oI
New

Italy

The lack of this simple feature it is totally unacceptable these days. I will return the product
2021-1-9
Use props
Cosmostreamer
lvl.2
  • >>>
Russia

https://youtu.be/kyQnoY0WHK4

Works with Pocket/Pocket2, Windows only
2021-1-11
Use props
Bavard
New

United States

This is never going to happen - people have been asking for this feature for 3+ years since osmo pocket 1. Just sell your osmo pocket and buy a gopro - it works great as a webcam with software provided for free directly from GoPro. No gimbal or face tracking but at least it works...
2021-1-15
Use props
Paradox
New
Australia

Look at Insta360 link, it looks just like the Osmo Pocket. DJI should give us the firmware update so we don’t have to buy from their competitors.  
2022-11-8
Use props
o_gonzales
lvl.1
Peru

Wow, cannot believe DJi has not provided this option yet!!!
2022-11-24
Use props
Curt1591
Second Officer
Thailand

o_gonzales Posted at 11-24 06:21
Wow, cannot believe DJi has not provided this option yet!!!

When DJI decides to add features, DJI adds them to the next generation of their devices. There is no money in firmware updates.
2022-11-24
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules