Problem upgrading firmware
2002 18 2020-9-10
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
BarajasFernando
lvl.1
Mexico

Hi!

I'm trying to update firmware (v01.00.00.70) in my OM3, but it fails.

When I start the DJI Mimo App, it tells me New Firmware Available (Nuevo firmware disponible, I'm using the app in spanish).  I press the Update Firmware blue button on the app, it stays in 0%, the first led in the OM3 starts flashing green and red... and some seconds later, I get the error Can't Upgrade Firmware (2) No se pudo actualizar el firmware.(2)

Tried deleting cache on the app, the problem continues.

What can I do?

Thanks!

2020-9-10
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there BarajasFernando. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. May we know what is the model of the mobile device you are using please for us to be able to assist you further. Thank you.
2020-9-10
Use props
BarajasFernando
lvl.1
Mexico

DJI Stephen Posted at 9-10 19:20
Hello there BarajasFernando. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. May we know what is the model of the mobile device you are using please for us to be able to assist you further. Thank you.

Huawei Mate 20 Pro.  I "forgot" the bluetooth connection on the OM3 (using the Record+Trigger+M combination), paired them again, and now it's working, and it isn't asking for the new firmware, so I suppose It was updated correctly.

Thanks!
2020-9-11
Use props
rparamoh
lvl.1
Mexico

That error is in my Osmo 3, when performing the update the equipment hangs and marks the bluetooth led in red and green, (using the Record + Trigger + M combination) and the equipment reconnects but again I apply the update, I perform the operation and hangs hangs again with Can't Upgrade Firmware error (2)

My cell phone is a Huawei p30 Pro

sorry for my bad English

Help
Screenshot_20200910_205113_dji.mimo.jpg
2020-9-11
Use props
rparamoh
lvl.1
Mexico

I add the video of what happens when I perform the firmware update

https://youtu.be/5xjgP20F0Ak

Regards
2020-9-11
Use props
VanzPix
Second Officer
Flight distance : 229672 ft
France

Hello the Mimo app to a problem with huawei phones on my two phones (huawei P30 pro and mat 10pro it does it to me every time and every mimo launch and when I try the phone to a girl sony it works very well) I had already reported it a few weeks ago and nothing changed even after the updates. The only solution I found is activity the Bluetooth turned on the osmo to empty the phone cache to wait a few minutes before launching mimo.
I say it osmo3 and mimo have a problem with huawei phones. It would be cool if DJI saw where the problem came from.
2020-9-12
Use props
VanzPix
Second Officer
France

here's the proof in pictures, asks in July.
InShot_20200912_113301821.jpg
2020-9-12
Use props
rparamoh
lvl.1
Mexico

VanzPix Posted at 9-12 01:30
Hello the Mimo app to a problem with huawei phones on my two phones (huawei P30 pro and mat 10pro it does it to me every time and every mimo launch and when I try the phone to a girl sony it works very well) I had already reported it a few weeks ago and nothing changed even after the updates. The only solution I found is activity the Bluetooth turned on the osmo to empty the phone cache to wait a few minutes before launching mimo.
I say it osmo3 and mimo have a problem with huawei phones. It would be cool if DJI saw where the problem came from.

Thank you very much for the answer VanzPix, I will have to install the firmware of the Osmo 3 with a cell phone from another brand.

2020-9-12
Use props
HSchmidt
lvl.1

Germany

rparamoh Posted at 9-12 21:28
Thank you very much for the answer VanzPix, I will have to install the firmware of the Osmo 3 with a cell phone from another brand.

Gentlemen, Allthough OSMO 3 Firmware is 1.00.00.70 and Mimo Version is 1.4.2 my Huawei Mate 30 pro ist not properly supportet e.g. no 60 fps, no zoom control.
Why is this?
Regards herbert
2020-9-13
Use props
rparamoh
lvl.1
Mexico

HSchmidt Posted at 9-13 00:20
Gentlemen, Allthough OSMO 3 Firmware is 1.00.00.70 and Mimo Version is 1.4.2 my Huawei Mate 30 pro ist not properly supportet e.g. no 60 fps, no zoom control.
Why is this?
Regards herbert

HSchimidt ,If in your OSMO 3 you have installed the latest version and those options do not work, I will avoid the update, too bad that in high-end cell phones you have these problems.

Regards
2020-9-13
Use props
VanzPix
Second Officer
France

HSchmidt Posted at 9-13 00:20
Why is this?
Regards herbert
Hello. If you're talking about the 4k 60fps it's a format that is not supported natively by the huawei P30 pro. However normally you have 60fps 1080p. For the zoom I won't tell you mine works even if it jerks.
I advise you to remove the Mimo app to empty the cache of your phone and reinstall the application.
2020-9-13
Use props
HSchmidt
lvl.1

Germany

VanzPix Posted at 9-13 13:41
Hello. If you're talking about the 4k 60fps it's a format that is not supported natively by the huawei P30 pro. However normally you have 60fps 1080p. For the zoom I won't tell you mine works even if it jerks.
I advise you to remove the Mimo app to empty the cache of your phone and reinstall the application.

Thanks, but I must tell you that the Mate 30 pro natively supports 4k 60 fps.
Its definitively the MIMO App, that apparently doesn't support that phone completeley
2020-9-13
Use props
VanzPix
Second Officer
France

HSchmidt Posted at 9-13 23:52
Thanks, but I must tell you that the Mate 30 pro natively supports 4k 60 fps.
Its definitively the MIMO App, that apparently doesn't support that phone completeley

sorry I read P30 Pro.
2020-9-14
Use props
rparamoh
lvl.1
Mexico

VanzPix Posted at 9-12 01:30
Hello the Mimo app to a problem with huawei phones on my two phones (huawei P30 pro and mat 10pro it does it to me every time and every mimo launch and when I try the phone to a girl sony it works very well) I had already reported it a few weeks ago and nothing changed even after the updates. The only solution I found is activity the Bluetooth turned on the osmo to empty the phone cache to wait a few minutes before launching mimo.

Hello.

Try to perform the procedure as you comment and I still have the same result of the video, if you could give me step by step, surely I am omitting some or I am not doing it well.

Regards

2020-9-14
Use props
VanzPix
Second Officer
France

rparamoh Posted at 9-14 06:54
Hello.

Try to perform the procedure as you comment and I still have the same result of the video, if you could give me step by step, surely I am omitting some or I am not doing it well.

Hi,
Enable Bluetooth first, then turn on mobile osmo 3, empty your phone's cache, and launch the Mimo app, wait 5 minutes then connect to the camera.
If it doesn't work the first time, close mimo and raise.
2020-9-14
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

BarajasFernando Posted at 9-11 06:36
Huawei Mate 20 Pro.  I "forgot" the bluetooth connection on the OM3 (using the Record+Trigger+M combination), paired them again, and now it's working, and it isn't asking for the new firmware, so I suppose It was updated correctly.

Thanks!

Hi there BarajasFernando. Thank you for the reply and for these information you have shared with us. It is great to know that the issue has already been fixed. If you have any other inquiries or concerns with DJI. Please feel free to post it here at DJI Forum. We are all here to help and support you. Thank you.
2020-9-14
Use props
rparamoh
lvl.1
Mexico

VanzPix Posted at 9-14 09:33
Hi,
Enable Bluetooth first, then turn on mobile osmo 3, empty your phone's cache, and launch the Mimo app, wait 5 minutes then connect to the camera.
If it doesn't work the first time, close mimo and raise.

VanzPix.

Thanks for the prompt response, I tried several times without success, I chose to use an Iphone 5s configure it and wait for the Mimo application to request the update of the Gimbal, after a few minutes I request the update to 01.00.00.80 being successful, definitely it exists a problem with Huawei cell phones.

Regards
2020-9-17
Use props
VanzPix
Second Officer
France

rparamoh Posted at 9-17 09:15
VanzPix.

Thanks for the prompt response, I tried several times without success, I chose to use an Iphone 5s configure it and wait for the Mimo application to request the update of the Gimbal, after a few minutes I request the update to 01.00.00.80 being successful, definitely it exists a problem with Huawei cell phones.

I managed to do the update after 25 attempts on pro p30 huawei
2020-9-17
Use props
hrzmn
lvl.1

Indonesia

why can't i download dji mimo on android..i'm an osmo pocket user, please help..
2021-7-22
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules