Videofiles to Imovie
3437 11 2020-9-10
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_jqtJ9e2MCbWx
lvl.1
Flight distance : 51086 ft
Sweden

When i download my videofiles taken with Mavic Mini and put them into Imovie and try to scroll it goes very slow. I have no problem when i am doeing the exact same thing with video from my Iphone. It takes a lot of time looking at the whole video to make clipps.
Is this a common problem. I am a ny beginner.
2020-9-10
Use props
A J
Captain
Flight distance : 13838848 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

The files on your phone are 720p - the files imported from your micro sd card are in the resolution you recorded in during flight from the camera settings i.e. 2.7K - these are far bigger files to process. Your computer processing speed will more than likely be the cause or your micro sd card read/write speed
2020-9-10
Use props
djiuser_jqtJ9e2MCbWx
lvl.1
Sweden

A J Posted at 9-10 07:50
The files on your phone are 720p - the files imported from your micro sd card are in the resolution you recorded in during flight from the camera settings i.e. 2.7K - these are far bigger files to process. Your computer processing speed will more than likely be the cause or your micro sd card read/write speed

Thank you so much for your quick answer. So if i understand it right everybody who is shooting in 2,7 k has the same problem with scrolling true the video clips. I did a smal test by downloading from SD card to my Iphone and DJI Fly app and i went okej. When i took the videofiles from my Iphone in to my Imac i noticed that i can scroll the video from quick shots as normal (quick) but the 2 other videos 4 min long has still the same problem. I will do a test tomorrow and see. The Mavic mini had 2 options 2,7k or 1080.
2020-9-10
Use props
A J
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

djiuser_jqtJ9e2MCbWx Posted at 9-10 10:08
Thank you so much for your quick answer. So if i understand it right everybody who is shooting in 2,7 k has the same problem with scrolling true the video clips. I did a smal test by downloading from SD card to my Iphone and DJI Fly app and i went okej. When i took the videofiles from my Iphone in to my Imac i noticed that i can scroll the video from quick shots as normal (quick) but the 2 other videos 4 min long has still the same problem. I will do a test tomorrow and see. The Mavic mini had 2 options 2,7k or 1080.

The live feed is cached to your phone whilst flying and that is 720p on the Mini. The files on the micro sd card are taken directly from the camera according to the in-app settings you applied - so either 1080pFHD or 2.7KQHD.
2020-9-10
Use props
djiuser_jqtJ9e2MCbWx
lvl.1
Sweden

A J Posted at 9-10 10:20
The live feed is cached to your phone whilst flying and that is 720p on the Mini. The files on the micro sd card are taken directly from the camera according to the in-app settings you applied - so either 1080pFHD or 2.7KQHD.

I solved the problem. I tried a free trial version of Premiere Elements. I downloaded 4 videofiles each about 4,5min. By rendering the files there was no problem scrolling the clips, so i am very happy that there was a solution. Thank you so much for your help.
2020-9-10
Use props
A J
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

djiuser_jqtJ9e2MCbWx Posted at 9-10 10:57
I solved the problem. I tried a free trial version of Premiere Elements. I downloaded 4 videofiles each about 4,5min. By rendering the files there was no problem scrolling the clips, so i am very happy that there was a solution. Thank you so much for your help.

Glad you got it sorted - seems iMovies was the issue then
2020-9-10
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there. I am sorry to read and to know that you are having issue before and it is great to know that after following A J's advise you were able to solve the said issue. Have a safe and a happy flying always.
2020-9-10
Use props
djiuser_jqtJ9e2MCbWx
lvl.1
Sweden

DJI Stephen Posted at 9-10 19:22
Hello there. I am sorry to read and to know that you are having issue before and it is great to know that after following A J's advise you were able to solve the said issue. Have a safe and a happy flying always.

Hello Stephen. Well i am sorry to tell you that my issue is not solved, the problem is still there aven in Premiere Elements. I contacted Apple support and they could not help me. The problem is that it only occurs with the files imported from the Mavic mini. It is almost impossible to hover the mouse and skim over the movie clips, it hacks. My idea is that it not depends on my computer because when i import from for example my Iphone 11 i can make clips and hover lika i use to do.

I made several drone videos with different settings and that does not make any difference. The only way for me to make clips is to see my movies in real time and that takes a lot time when you want to make a film.

I wonder, because i can not be the only one with this problem. And i refuses to by another video editing program, because i have been working with Imovie for a long time.
Do you think there is a solution to my problem?

Kind regards
Henk.
2020-9-14
Use props
Dangerous one
lvl.2
Flight distance : 147034 ft
United Kingdom

Hi Henk like you I am new to drones and editing so far I’ve watched lots of UTube stuff to become acquainted with the DJI editing m sorry to say I didn’t get on very well with it,Iv now tough myself using I movie on an iPad I take the videos straight to my pictures then select video and picture files make a movie then edit without any problems I hope this helps.Dangerous
2020-10-4
Use props
djiuser_jqtJ9e2MCbWx
lvl.1
Sweden

Dangerous one Posted at 10-4 11:28
Hi Henk like you I am new to drones and editing so far I’ve watched lots of UTube stuff to become acquainted with the DJI editing m sorry to say I didn’t get on very well with it,Iv now tough myself using I movie on an iPad I take the videos straight to my pictures then select video and picture files make a movie then edit without any problems I hope this helps.Dangerous

Hi Dangerous, thank you so much for answering and your solution. I know now what my problem is with imovie and my computer. My computer is to slow. It is a Imac 2011, but my grafik card is only 512 mb.
When i work with my files from my SD card straight to my iPhone and Imovie i don't have that problem.
I am thinking of a new Imac (so expensive) or the new Ipad Air. What kind of Ipad do you have.
//Henk.
2020-10-5
Use props
Dangerous one
lvl.2
Flight distance : 147034 ft
United Kingdom

To just a three year old iPad Air Iv recently purchased a dongle thing to TF files strait from the SD card
2020-10-5
Use props
lvl.4
Flight distance : 6763835 ft
  • >>>
Australia

It is more than likely your device. What model iphone are you using? I'm guessing you are using an older device so processing the larger files is a struggle for it. I have no issues with iPhone XS. It could also be an issue with the remaining storage memory on the device so if your device is almost full you can have issues like that also.
2020-10-5
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules