Phantom 3, can't link controller, don't know WiFi password
8520 1 2020-9-10
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
daveclarknm
lvl.1

United States

Hello;

I bought a used Phantom 3 Standard, which I'm attempting to use with my previous Phantom 3 Standard's controller.

I can't get the controller to link.  I've been Googling and found two different methods to link it:

1) Press link button on drone, then on controller hold gimbal dial all the way to right (some posts say left), and toggle the S2 switch.  I've tried this and it doesn't work.
2) Connect controller to iPhone and go through a series of steps that seem to require that the iPhone have a network connection to the drone.  But I don't know the drone's password ... evidently it's been set to something other than the default '12341234'.  And when I Google on how to reset the drone's password, it requires that the controller be linked to the drone, which puts me in a Catch-22 situation.

Help!

Thanks in advance.
2020-9-10
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused. With regards to resetting the password, kindly please follow the steps on the DJI official tutorial video that I will be posting. Once you have done resetting the Wifi password of the remote controller, please try to log in to the remote's Wifi using the default password 12341234. Thank you.

2020-9-10
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules