First flight - First PIC
599 27 2020-9-11
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Flaming
lvl.4
Flight distance : 250541 ft
Canada

I just got my Mavic Mini , very satisfied with the handling and overall quality of the unit .  I am having a blast !
But there is a few things that i think it can be improved :

#1 : The RC cable are a bit short and seems to be very fragile.  I probably find another one that is longer and stronger
#2 : No dedicated charge port on the RC ? why ? plug-in/unplug repeatedly will make the port loose over time.  The only idea i got is finding an adaptor to plug at the tip of the RC cable to charge the remote instead of wiggling and pulling out the entire cable everytime i want to charge the remote.
#3 : Stop the remote to charge my phone ....this is really annoying. My phone has a 5000 mAh battery.. i dont need the remote to charge my phone when i am at 90%.
With a little researches , there is a possible way to stop the remote to charge the phone by rooting the phone and install a charging limiter .. but why i have to go through all this trouble ? My phone is still under the warranty so i don't want to root my phone yet.

So ..Voila  !!   First flight - First Picture as the title says !  
This is a man made lake in Québec ( Canada )  
i have noticed the person on the paddle board only when i looked at the picture on my computer , can you see it ?

laccow.jpg

2020-9-11
Use props
A J
Captain
Flight distance : 13838848 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Lovely looking shot
2020-9-11
Use props
GaryDoug
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1264639 ft
  • >>>
United States

Yes I do see the p-boarder on the right half.

The cable should be ok unless you have a larger than normal device, then yes you would need it to be longer.

The remote or DJI is not at fault in the phone "charging" problem. The Android specification requires external power to be applied in order to use the USB port. That purpose is not for charging. Limiting the drain current to the phone will just disable the phone's USB port, so not a solution.

Idea #2 should work.

2020-9-11
Use props
Planner68
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1194662 ft
United States

Very nice capture
2020-9-11
Use props
Suren
Captain
Flight distance : 13425892 ft
  • >>>
New Zealand

Very nice shot
2020-9-11
Use props
Lucas775
Second Officer
Flight distance : 50642090 ft
  • >>>
United States

Great looking shot, congratulations!
2020-9-11
Use props
ALABAMA
Second Officer
Flight distance : 10442687 ft
United States

Good first!
2020-9-11
Use props
K6CCC
lvl.4
Flight distance : 651683 ft
United States

Welcome to the addiction - I mean hobby!  Nice photo.
As for the cable, it was OK on length for me, however I have a case on my phone that makes it too thick to fit in the RC phone holder.  Since I did not want to have to remove the case every time I flew, I got a tablet holder on Amazon that holds the phone just fine in the case.  However that required a longer cable.  Got an 11 inch cable on Amazon that works great and I think is better built than the DJI cable.  I can post links if you want them when I get home later this evening.
2020-9-11
Use props
Flaming
lvl.4
Canada

K6CCC Posted at 9-11 16:03
Welcome to the addiction - I mean hobby!  Nice photo.
As for the cable, it was OK on length for me, however I have a case on my phone that makes it too thick to fit in the RC phone holder.  Since I did not want to have to remove the case every time I flew, I got a tablet holder on Amazon that holds the phone just fine in the case.  However that required a longer cable.  Got an 11 inch cable on Amazon that works great and I think is better built than the DJI cable.  I can post links if you want them when I get home later this evening.

Yes for links thank you !

Did another flight tonight , same spot but the camera pointing at the right side of the lake.  Note that all trees are all perfectly green ... it was at Sunset so only the top of the trees was hit by the orange light.   However i encountered a bug : I was at 170 feet in the air and i decided to put my phone in airplane mode to not cause any interference .. As soon as i did that , the record and photo buttons on the RC has stopped working ... i have to close and restart the DJI fly App to make them work again. I have replicated the error multiple time... i don't know if it's intended or not .  So if i need to put my phone in airplane mode i have to do it before starting the App and start flying.

2020-9-11
Use props
TrevorSK
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1547713 ft
Canada

Putting phone in airplane mode is a good practice. Nothing more annoying than emails, texts, and notifications all popping up when you're trying o fly. Beautiful lake by the way, nice pics. I'm in Southern Saskatchewan and lakes near me don't look as pretty.
2020-9-11
Use props
K6CCC
lvl.4
Flight distance : 651683 ft
United States

Here you go.  This is the tablet holder I am using.  It really is intended to have the clamp on the top and bottom of a table, but it works well with the clamp horizontal for my phone.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/produc ... 0?ie=UTF8&psc=1

This is the cable I bought.  My Android has a USB-C so obviously I bought a Micro-USB to USB-C cable.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/produc ... 0?ie=UTF8&psc=1
2020-9-11
Use props
Flaming
lvl.4
Canada

K6CCC Posted at 9-11 19:14

Here you go.  This is the tablet holder I am using.  It really is intended to have the clamp on the top and bottom of a table, but it works well with the clamp horizontal for my phone.

thank you  very much !
2020-9-11
Use props
Woe
Captain
Flight distance : 4129268 ft
  • >>>
United States

Nice shot
2020-9-12
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Nice shot!
2020-9-12
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Flaming Posted at 9-11 17:01

Did another flight tonight , same spot but the camera pointing at the right side of the lake.  Note that all trees are all perfectly green ... it was at Sunset so only the top of the trees was hit by the orange light.   However i encountered a bug : I was at 170 feet in the air and i decided to put my phone in airplane mode to not cause any interference .. As soon as i did that , the record and photo buttons on the RC has stopped working ... i have to close and restart the DJI fly App to make them work again. I have replicated the error multiple time... i don't know if it's intended or not .  So if i need to put my phone in airplane mode i have to do it before starting the App and start flying.

Nice colors!
2020-9-12
Use props
A J
Captain
Flight distance : 13838848 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Flaming Posted at 9-11 17:01

Did another flight tonight , same spot but the camera pointing at the right side of the lake.  Note that all trees are all perfectly green ... it was at Sunset so only the top of the trees was hit by the orange light.   However i encountered a bug : I was at 170 feet in the air and i decided to put my phone in airplane mode to not cause any interference .. As soon as i did that , the record and photo buttons on the RC has stopped working ... i have to close and restart the DJI fly App to make them work again. I have replicated the error multiple time... i don't know if it's intended or not .  So if i need to put my phone in airplane mode i have to do it before starting the App and start flying.

Nice colour grading
2020-9-12
Use props
Mortensldk
lvl.4
Flight distance : 132592 ft
Denmark

Nice shot!
2020-9-12
Use props
VanzPix
lvl.4
Flight distance : 229672 ft
France

Hello for the charge limitation you need to root your phone, and download a battery charge limit application.
Beautiful picture
2020-9-13
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Great Shot    
2020-9-13
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there Flaming. Thank you for reaching out and for posting this wonderful photo you have captured. Great work and thank you for your support.
2020-9-13
Use props
Flaming
lvl.4
Canada

I really enjoy this little drone and I saw almost every videos on YouTube about the Mini but there is one thing nobody ever mentioned : a short quick press on the RTH button will make the aircraft break hard. Very handy !
2020-9-13
Use props
AMIR_king
Second Officer
Flight distance : 372992 ft
United States

Flaming Posted at 9-13 20:00
I really enjoy this little drone and I saw almost every videos on YouTube about the Mini but there is one thing nobody ever mentioned : a short quick press on the RTH button will make the aircraft break hard. Very handy !

Yes, the pause button. It is "hidden". In the manual though.
2020-9-15
Use props
AMIR_king
Second Officer
United States

Nice work on the pics too
2020-9-15
Use props
Flaming
lvl.4
Canada

100% made in DJI Fly App

2020-9-15
Use props
AMIR_king
Second Officer
United States

The video is private. Mark it as unlisted or public.
2020-9-16
Use props
Flaming
lvl.4
Canada

AMIR_king Posted at 9-16 10:35
The video is private. Mark it as unlisted or public.

oppss ..

Fixed !
2020-9-16
Use props
amir_KING
Second Officer
United States

Thanks!
2020-9-16
Use props
amir_KING