Zoom function not working
11658 15 2020-9-11
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
cfchau
lvl.2
Canada

I am using Samsung Galaxy S20+ on OM4, when pushing zoom slider on gimbal side, the zoom on my phone can only jump between 0.6x, 1.0x and 8.0x, it can't have a normal zoom. I have tried another phome Samsung S8 on it, result is the same. Firmware was updated when opened box yesterday and DJI Mimo is the latest version. Please help.
2020-9-11
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Hi cfchau, it is recommended to turn off the developer option in the mobile phone system and then try zooming again to see if it works or not; If the issue still persists, kindly please record a video to show us the details, we'll help to check it, thanks.
2020-9-13
Use props
Niknik
First Officer
Flight distance : 1595640 ft
  • >>>
Greece

Maybe You should try to turn off the Gestures and try again?
2020-9-16
Use props
fans4a9e11af
lvl.2
Canada

Niknik Posted at 9-16 14:34
Maybe You should try to turn off the Gestures and try again?

Gesture has been turned off but still doesn't work. I tried different setting in the app but unfortunately no solution is found.
2020-9-17
Use props
fans4a9e11af
lvl.2
Canada

DJI Natalia Posted at 9-13 23:58
Hi cfchau, it is recommended to turn off the developer option in the mobile phone system and then try zooming again to see if it works or not; If the issue still persists, kindly please record a video to show us the details, we'll help to check it, thanks.

The developer option is turned off but it doesn't help. Please see the video in link.Video of showing zoom failure:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/8sjwztq1h9scn2e/20200917_104650_1%20%282%29.mp4?dl=0
2020-9-17
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

fans4a9e11af Posted at 9-17 07:09
The developer option is turned off but it doesn't help. Please see the video in link.Video of showing zoom failure:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/8sjwztq1h9scn2e/20200917_104650_1%20%282%29.mp4?dl=0

Hi fans4a9e11af, sorry for the late response. If the developer option is turned off, kindly please try long push zoom block, if the issue still persists, kindly please contact our support team via http://www.dji.com/support to open a case and send it in for a diagnosis. Should there any further concerns, please feel free to let me know.
2020-9-20
Use props
Christian_Swiss
lvl.1
Flight distance : 21847 ft
Switzerland

Hello,
I have the same issue with my Samsung Galaxy s20+ and DJI OM 4.
Zoom is limited to 8x.
2020-9-27
Use props
M Stuart K
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1267717 ft
  • >>>
United States

Christian_Swiss Posted at 9-27 07:58
Hello,
I have the same issue with my Samsung Galaxy s20+ and DJI OM 4.
Zoom is limited to 8x.

I know this post is dated but I was wondering about this issue.  Yet, I have the iphone 11 pro max. Is the OM4 able to zoom while shooting in 4k on the iphone?  When I tried it the zoom was quite jerky and not fluid at all.
2020-12-10
Use props
MediaMajik
lvl.1

United States

DJI Natalia Posted at 2020-9-20 18:52
Hi fans4a9e11af, sorry for the late response. If the developer option is turned off, kindly please try long push zoom block, if the issue still persists, kindly please contact our support team via http://www.dji.com/support to open a case and send it in for a diagnosis. Should there any further concerns, please feel free to let me know.

Reading the responses to Posts, I tried turning of Developer Option in hopes my problems would be solved. Congratulations! All the problems I was having (no zoom, spotty record button, and unruly movement) with my Samsung A71 5G have disappeared like a fart in the wind. I've escaped from Shawshank!
2021-6-3
Use props
MediaMajik
lvl.1

United States

MediaMajik Posted at 6-3 12:55
Reading the responses to Posts, I tried turning of Developer Option in hopes my problems would be solved. Congratulations! All the problems I was having (no zoom, spotty record button, and unruly movement) with my Samsung A71 5G have disappeared like a fart in the wind. I've escaped from Shawshank!

Than you very much!
2021-6-3
Use props
djiuser_9BUC8e5UapcX
New

United Kingdom

I realise that this is an old post but I have had the same issue with a P30 Pro. Problem was solved by changing the zoom speed from "slow" to somewhere in the middle. Might be helpful to someone and worth trying.
2021-8-4
Use props
djiuser_0iIe9BeAzBbf
New

United Kingdom

I have just bought OM5, folliwing the instructions,  zoom and mode switch buttons are not working.  Why would I need a stick if I will do these manually?? Will have to return it, and I am going on holiday today.. huge disappointment at last minute.. could have bought a camera instead..
2022-1-26
Use props
djiuser_jRp1ucioXdPn
New

United States

Video can only zoom to 8x limit on Samsung galaxy s21. Very disappointing. Turned off dev options and no help. Also why not a pause button for recording video?
2022-7-23
Use props
CWGIZMO
New
United States

It appears that the "Animator duration scale" setting under "Developer options" in your phone's setting's menu is the main cause of the zoom function issue. If you do not want to turn off your "Developer options" please change "Animator duration scale" to either 1X or .5X and retry the zoom function in the memo app.
2022-8-22
Use props
djiuser_YiP7Iorawhvr
lvl.1
Flight distance : 104587 ft
Ukraine

Hi, Dji! I bought an OM 4 se recently. I use it with my Samsung s21+ on Android 12. What I've noticed after a month of use:
1. Comparing to iOS, Android app functionality is very poor - interface and options are different. I can feel that dji does not appreciate Android users at all.
2. Zooming  - is a disaster, its choppy just as my OM4 got hiccups
2022-8-22
Use props
SuperGus
lvl.2
Flight distance : 222434 ft
United States

Perfect, now my zoom function works. Samsung note 9 and deactivate developer option.
2022-8-27
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules