Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Charging Cable for Controller
8797 9 2020-9-11
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
John G.
New

United States

Hello, I just purchased a used Mavic Mini.  It came without the white cable that you use to charge the controller with unfortunately.  I'm going on a trip in a few days and am wondering if there is any cable that can work for this purpose or if you can lead me to where one can be bought.  It didn't come with the white wall plug unit either, but I assume with the cable I could use any usb power brick.  Any ideas?  I would hate to not be able to charge the controller for my upcoming trip!   Thanks, have a great day!

2020-9-11
Use props
John G.
New

United States

Would something like this work?  I have the black cables that are used for connecting your phone to the controller, I could use the USB C plug to connect the controller to this and then into the 3-way battery charger (got the fly-more pack)?  

https://www.microcenter.com/product/602619/qvs-usb-31-(gen-1-type-a)-male-to-usb-31-(gen-1-type-c)-female-adapter---black?storeid=181
2020-9-11
Use props
Cavu Films
First Officer
Flight distance : 549295 ft
  • >>>
United States

It should be a similar port to the Mavic Pro controllers and that port uses the micro USB cables from the earlier Samsung Android phones. You don't need any adapters.

2020-9-11
Use props
GaryDoug
First Officer
Flight distance : 1264639 ft
  • >>>
United States

Anything with a Micro-A USB or Micro-B USB plug should work. I would avoid any cable with a USB-C plug or socket on the other end because of possible compatibility issues.
2020-9-11
Use props
3Recon
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4175541 ft
United States

I second that, you probably have an old micro usb-b cable laying around with those old phones just a suggest there is a diagram of plug direction on controller use it to save possibly damaging plug.
Best of luck and welcome to the forum.
2020-9-12
Use props
John G.
New

United States

Thanks so much everyone, didn't realize it was simply an old micro-usb as the shape for the jack is more square.  This worked, you are all legends!!!
2020-9-13
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there John G. Thank you for reaching out and for these information you have shared with us. with regards to the charging cable you need to charge your DJI Mavic Mini remote controller. Please use a Micro B To Standard A cable for you to be able to charge the said controller.  You may try to check our DJI Where To Buy platform on this link ( https://www.dji.com/where-to-buy ) to see if the charging cable that you need is available. Thank you and fly safe always.

2020-9-13
Use props
djiuser_YOZoFpdlWBla
lvl.4
Flight distance : 42415 ft
United States

Don’t force the cable in because you can break it.
I have older cell phone chargers that work.
Harbor freight has both AC and DC plugs with two putouts that are 2amp at each plug.
Some older plugs have one 1A and one 2amp out puts, don't buy one of those.  
You only want 2A outputs.
2020-9-13
Use props
djiuser_5A2D6HghABwz
New

United States

I have the DJ Mavic mini. My controller intermittently would not turn on, or it would not turn off.  I have only use the drone a couple of times in my backyard so it’s fairly new. I sent the controller in for warranty repair. Now that I have received it back, there is only one light showing on the controller and the controller beeps and will not charge. I’m at my wits end.  I assume the same charger and cord can be used to charge the battery pack or the transmitter? The battery pack will charge, but nothing on the transmitter. I’m wondering if I just need to buy a new transmitter?? This one just seems to be a lemon  however, is there anything prior to sending it back in or buying a new one that I might try?  
3-12 20:44
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

djiuser_5A2D6HghABwz Posted at 3-12 20:44
I have the DJ Mavic mini. My controller intermittently would not turn on, or it would not turn off.  I have only use the drone a couple of times in my backyard so it’s fairly new. I sent the controller in for warranty repair. Now that I have received it back, there is only one light showing on the controller and the controller beeps and will not charge. I’m at my wits end.  I assume the same charger and cord can be used to charge the battery pack or the transmitter? The battery pack will charge, but nothing on the transmitter. I’m wondering if I just need to buy a new transmitter?? This one just seems to be a lemon  however, is there anything prior to sending it back in or buying a new one that I might try?

Hi there. Sorry about the trouble. Will it be fine if you post a video showing the lights in the remote controller when trying to charge it? Thank you.
3-13 00:36
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules