P3Pro Firmware won't update
910 6 2020-9-11
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Fotoman.Neil
lvl.1
Canada

Hi there!

I'm new to the forum, and I just bought a P3 Pro from a friend of mine. It hasn't been crashed and he hasn't used it in a couple of years which is why he sold it to me.

When I do the firmware upgrade, the gimbal light flashes for about 10 seconds, then goes solid red. In the log file it states a "Remo-Con Disconnect" and recommends rebooting the machine and trying the firmware upgrade again.

In another thread, they suggested that it could be the update module and that it would have to be sent in for repair. IF that is the case, there's no way of resetting this "module" without sending it in??

IF it has to be sent in, what kind of cost is involved with that?

Any suggestions/help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Neil
2020-9-11
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Hi Neil, may I know the current firmware running on the drone? If the drone can be turned on normally and connect to the DJI GO app, please check the current firmware and if there is any error message on the drone.
If the drone is not able to be connected, restarting the drone and the error persists after trying to update again, you may need to send the drone back for diagnosis and service.
For the repair cost, it will be based on the damage assessment, you may refer to the accessories price at this site.
2020-9-12
Use props
Fotoman.Neil
lvl.1
Canada

DJI Susan Posted at 9-12 18:56
Hi Neil, may I know the current firmware running on the drone? If the drone can be turned on normally and connect to the DJI GO app, please check the current firmware and if there is any error message on the drone.
If the drone is not able to be connected, restarting the drone and the error persists after trying to update again, you may need to send the drone back for diagnosis and service.
For the repair cost, it will be based on the damage assessment, you may refer to the accessories price at this site.

Hi Susan,

Apologies for my delay..work's been crazy.
The a/c is 1.11.20 and this is the one that is listed on the DJI site when you choose the phantom 3 pro under products and scroll down to firmware.

The controller had an update when I logged into the DJIGO app and is now at 1.8.0

I take it since there's no other firmware version listed on the site, there's no additional update after 1.11.20? I did read somewhere that in order for updates to be successful they need to be done sequentially, is that correct?

Thanks,

Neil
2020-9-22
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Fotoman.Neil Posted at 9-22 13:32
Hi Susan,

Apologies for my delay..work's been crazy.

As per the firmware info you provided, the aircraft has already updated to the latest version. However, the RC has not, the latest version for RC is  v1.9.2. Please try to reconnect the app and RC, make sure the internet has been connected and check if there is an update. Thank you.
2020-9-22
Use props
Fotoman.Neil
lvl.1
Canada

DJI Susan Posted at 9-22 20:21
As per the firmware info you provided, the aircraft has already updated to the latest version. However, the RC has not, the latest version for RC is  v1.9.2. Please try to reconnect the app and RC, make sure the internet has been connected and check if there is an update. Thank you.

Updated controller to 1.9.2

Looks like I'm all updated! Thanks for the help!
2020-9-23
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Fotoman.Neil Posted at 9-23 14:25
Updated controller to 1.9.2

Looks like I'm all updated! Thanks for the help!

You're welcome, is now all working?
2020-9-26
Use props
thang1804
New

Vietnam

I am having kind of the same issue since the upgrade.  
IOS app version  3.1.47
Aircraft version   1.11.20
Remote version  1.9.2
Database           01.000.01.09

Serial of controler: 03Z0095032

ALl the updates were done, re-installed the app on the Ipad.  still the same issue.
can not fly now! can you hepl to fix
2020-9-27
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules