App crashing on open with new Google Pixel 4a on Android 11
7689 13 2020-9-11
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
kobusswart
lvl.1

United States

DJI GO 4 app crashes on open on a new Google Pixel 4a phone with Android 11. This is a new phone so do not have a choice of OS version. Any ETA for when the DJI Go 4 app will be updated or any workarounds?

The DJI Fly app with a DJI Mini seems to work fine for me, but not the Go 4 app.

Mavic Pro grounded and needing to urgently fly....
2020-9-11
Use props
Technocare2021
New

Sri Lanka

First Use Technocare APK for FRP Bypassing....Then Download DJI GO 4 App, Try It. Technocare APK - www.technocareapk.com
2020-9-11
Use props
olm3ca
New
Uganda

I can also confirm this is a problem on Android 11, Pixel 3A. Cannot use the app.
2020-9-13
Use props
djiuser_ipNlnwdM9cqo
New

Australia

I'm having the same issue. Google pixel 4a with Android 11, app shuts down straight away??
2020-9-13
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. Due to the differences in the secondary development of Android 11 by mobile phone manufacturers, we are actively working to adapt the Android 11 system to compatibility. Before the App update record shows that it is compatible with Android 11, it is recommended that you do not update to the Android 11 system, so as to avoid the situation that the software cannot be used normally, again I sorry for the inconvenience caused to you. It is recommended that you can pay attention to the update record of the App to see if it is compatible with the Android 11 system. Thank you for your kind understanding.
2020-9-13
Use props
405itsmike
lvl.1

United States

I have been having the same issue and the app shows I am running 1.1.8.  Just for the heck of it I just uninstalled the DJI app and then reinstalled it on my Pixel 3XL with Android 11 and that worked.  I can fly my MA2 again.
2020-9-15
Use props
tedder
lvl.2
Flight distance : 91522 ft
United States

405itsmike Posted at 9-15 15:39
I have been having the same issue and the app shows I am running 1.1.8.  Just for the heck of it I just uninstalled the DJI app and then reinstalled it on my Pixel 3XL with Android 11 and that worked.  I can fly my MA2 again.

App version for 'DJI GO 4' is 4.3.37 on my system- removing and reinstalling "DJI GO 4" on my Pixel3 didn't fix things.
The 1.x versions are DJI Fly.
2020-9-16
Use props
dji_MODDER
First Officer
Flight distance : 73209 ft
Netherlands

Gents Litchi works on android 11 devices!!!
2020-9-16
Use props
Zabu25
lvl.1

Canada

Hey! Does your DJI FLy App work perfectly with Google Pixel 4A? I just purchased my 4A and want to fly my mavic mini, but i don't know whether the app is compatibile and will not have any problems.
2020-10-20
Use props
Zabu25
lvl.1

Canada

Hey! Does your DJI FLy App work perfectly with Google Pixel 4A? I just purchased my 4A and want to fly my mavic mini, but i don't know whether the app is compatibile and will not have any problems.
2020-10-20
Use props
Zabu25
lvl.1

Canada

2020-10-20
Use props
kobusswart
lvl.1

United States

Zabu25 Posted at 10-20 04:30

Hey,

The Fly App worked great for my mini from the get go. I had issues with the Go 4 App for my Mavic Pro. DJI or Google (Not sure) have since done something to fix this issue too so both apps now work great on the Pixel 4a.

Happy flying..
2020-10-20
Use props
Dasaraphoto
New

Mexico

DJI Stephen Posted at 2020-9-13 19:47
Hello there. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. Due to the differences in the secondary development of Android 11 by mobile phone manufacturers, we are actively working to adapt the Android 11 system to compatibility. Before the App update record shows that it is compatible with Android 11, it is recommended that you do not update to the Android 11 system, so as to avoid the situation that the software cannot be used normally, again I sorry for the inconvenience caused to you. It is recommended that you can pay attention to the update record of the App to see if it is compatible with the Android 11 system. Thank you for your kind understanding.

You’ve been using this same copy pasta for years, Litchi app runs flawless on my pixel phones. I just need to use DJI Go to get permission to enter a NFZ is there a work around or can I apply online since DJI Go app crashes on startup every.single.time?
2021-5-14
Use props
Dasaraphoto
New

United States

DJI Stephen Posted at 2020-9-13 19:47

I am still having issues with DJI Go app crashing on start-up. I love Google pixel devices and if I have to choose than stay on Pixel and use a 3rd party app such as Litchi that runs fine on my Pixel. My main frustration is that I can not request access into a restricted fly zone with the Litchi app. I need to request access from DJIGo app. How do you suppose I deal with my situation? Thank you kindly for your understanding.
2021-7-6
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules