Cinesmooth, Position Flight Modes are back ?
813 12 2020-9-11
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
3Recon
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4175541 ft
United States

Hi all went into control setting of the new Fly App update 1.1.8 and i saw this under the control tab>Flight Mode: Cinesmooth, Position, and Sport. I haven't had a change to fly yet winds have calmed down but now we have Air alerts as high as hazardous with visablity down to 1/8 to 1/4 mile and changing. This is due to a few Wildfires out west here. I'll put my welding mask on for a short low altituded flight with out going out over the woods to try Cinesmooth.

2020-9-11
Use props
Suren
Captain
Flight distance : 13425892 ft
  • >>>
New Zealand

Thanks for sharing this
2020-9-12
Use props
A J
Captain
Flight distance : 13877205 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Did you just go into the app on your phone after updating it or were these settings still listed after connecting the phone to the RC and connecting the RC with the AC? Without linking to the drone the info in the app is often crossed over between the Mini and MA2. Those three flight modes are the ones used on the Mini. The equivalent on the MA2 is Tripod, Normal and Sport.
2020-9-12
Use props
Woe
Captain
Flight distance : 4129268 ft
  • >>>
United States

Thanks for sharing
2020-9-12
Use props
JodyB
First Officer
Flight distance : 302536 ft
  • >>>
United States

Just checked mine while connected to my MA2 and didn't see those settings. I'm on V1.1.8 too.
2020-9-12
Use props
A J
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

JodyB Posted at 9-12 07:02
Just checked mine while connected to my MA2 and didn't see those settings. I'm on V1.1.8 too.

Same here - it must just be the app without being connected to the drone
2020-9-12
Use props
JodyB
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

A J Posted at 9-12 07:07
Same here - it must just be the app without being connected to the drone

I am seeing those options with my mavic mini though so I think your thoughts was right. With no drone connected, it crosses settings
2020-9-12
Use props
3Recon
Second Officer
United States

A J Posted at 9-12 01:44
Did you just go into the app on your phone after updating it or were these settings still listed after connecting the phone to the RC and connecting the RC with the AC? Without linking to the drone the info in the app is often crossed over between the Mini and MA2. Those three flight modes are the ones used on the Mini. The equivalent on the MA2 is Tripod, Normal and Sport.

No I had not connect to drone but I just got back in sorry guys but like you had mentioned after connecting controller and drone the flight mode option I had seen was no long there.
2020-9-12
Use props
JodyB
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

3Recon Posted at 9-12 07:39
No I had not connect to drone but I just got back in sorry guys but like you had mentioned after connecting controller and drone the flight mode option I had seen was no long there.

No worries man. It's all good in the neighborhood!! I hope to get out and do some flying today!! Just gotta find a good place.
2020-9-12
Use props
3Recon
Second Officer
United States

I just did that test off my desk I think I'm going to stick to project in my shop. Sad news is I have a pork shoulder(butt) I've been wanting to smoke but been holding off. Don't want to startle anyone and get a visit.
Everyone enjoy your flights where you can.
2020-9-12
Use props
A J
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

3Recon Posted at 9-12 07:39

2020-9-12
Use props
A J
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

JodyB Posted at 9-12 07:09
I am seeing those options with my mavic mini though so I think your thoughts was right. With no drone connected, it crosses settings

2020-9-12
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there 3Recon. Thank you for reaching out and for posting this information about the new feature of the DJI Fly 1.1.8 application. Have a safe and a happy flying always.
2020-9-13
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules