Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Different Colors on RAW Image, When Imported to Lightroom/Photoshop
833 10 2020-9-12
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
mgphotostock
lvl.4

Turkey

Hi,

Recently I bought the Osmo Pocket and yesterday I shoot some RAW photos with it. I imported it to Lightroom (on PC) and I found out the colors don't match on an area (see Error1 and Error2 images).

Why does the RAW image look like that? I tried to open it on Photoshop and it looks the same. The Photos app built-in on Windows 10 doesn't show the exact RAW image (instead it showing the low-res thumbnail). The JPEG file doesn't have that error.

Is this problem is camera or software related? Sorry for the bad English.

Thanks.

Error1

Error1

Error2

Error2
2020-9-12
Use props
AlanHd
Second Officer
Flight distance : 797365 ft
United Kingdom

This has already been reported in another thread with no resolution.
2020-9-12
Use props
mgphotostock
lvl.4

Turkey

AlanHd Posted at 9-12 10:50
This has already been reported in another thread with no resolution.

I found the problem. The problem was Lightroom was importing the RAW file as Adobe Default, not on Camera Settings. I changed it to Camera Settings (camera native color settings) and now everything looks good. Thanks anyway
2020-9-12
Use props
A J
Captain
Flight distance : 13838848 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Thanks for sharing
2020-9-13
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there mgphotostock. I am sorry to read and to know you are having this issue before and it is great to know that you were able to solve the said issue and sharing the said solution as well. Again, thank you for your support.
2020-9-13
Use props
fans836ad63f
lvl.1

Switzerland

Hello, here is George, a user from switzerland, i have same problem but only in photos i take in portrait-mode, photos in landscape mode are correct. i work not with lightroom, i work with camera raw 11.3, can anyone give me a tip how i must set up my camera raw setup that raws from the osmo pocket are correct displayed, not with a shade in the upper half of the picture. Thank u so much in advence!
2020-10-1
Use props
Curt1591
Second Officer
Thailand

Many of the adjustments in Lightroom and Camera Raw are the same software.
2020-10-1
Use props
fans836ad63f
lvl.1

Switzerland

Curt1591 Posted at 10-1 00:45
Many of the adjustments in Lightroom and Camera Raw are the same software.

thank u, but that i know, the question is: Why only Portrait-Format pictures have that shade in the upper half of the Picture and how i can set up camera raw that fault can be eliminated? im sorry about my bad english again!
hope someone can help me because i prefer camera raw than the unneccessary lightroom colossus programm, u have right, itz nearly the same but much smaler and without bibliotheks and all this ballast stuff.
thanks for every help.

sincerli
george
2020-10-1
Use props
Curt1591
Second Officer
Thailand

fans836ad63f Posted at 10-1 00:49
thank u, but that i know, the question is: Why only Portrait-Format pictures have that shade in the upper half of the Picture and how i can set up camera raw that fault can be eliminated? im sorry about my bad english again!
hope someone can help me because i prefer camera raw than the unneccessary lightroom colossus programm, u have right, itz nearly the same but much smaler and without bibliotheks and all this ballast stuff.
thanks for every help.

I use both, Camera Raw, and Lightroom. Lightroom is my goto on mobile. It has all the tools I need to process and publish my photos. I also use it to make adjustments to my time-lapses.

I do not use Lightroom for any of its cataloging features (bibliotheks).

I use Camera Raw with my desktop. But, unlike Lightroom, I will have to export the adjusted photo to another program to publish.

"... the question is: Why only Portrait-Format pictures have that shade in the upper half of the Picture and how i can set up camera raw that fault can be eliminated?"

Good Question ...

2020-10-1
Use props
fans836ad63f
lvl.1

Switzerland

Curt1591 Posted at 10-1 15:50
I use both, Camera Raw, and Lightroom. Lightroom is my goto on mobile. It has all the tools I need to process and publish my photos. I also use it to make adjustments to my time-lapses.

I do not use Lightroom for any of its cataloging features (bibliotheks).

First i think this is a problem of my photoshop/camera raw, but itz not possible because i have many different brands of camera i use and develop their raws in photoshop and i have never a similar problem like that. of course i can use the jpgs from the osmo pocket. they dont have that shade in the upper half of the data of the portrait oriented sujets, but that solves not the problem and i want that dji can solve that problem because the quality of the raw poictures of that small little osmo pocket is realy outstanding and good. of course is not a digital camera with a professional lenses, but the osmo is thinked as a film-camera and in second stage as a fotocamera.
so i hope anyone can tell me how i can solve that problem with the portrait oriented raw datas of the osmo pocket.

Here a sample of a portrait-Mode recorded Picture with that shade Flare in the upper half of the picture. I also load the newest camera raw-plugin from adobe and it result the same, so itz definitly not an adobe problem...it must be a problem inside the osmo and i hope it solved with next firmware roll out.

2020-10-1
Use props
Curt1591
Second Officer
Thailand

As seen by this thread, this has been an ongoing "problem" with the pocket. No one seems to have come up with a fix.

The pocket isn't really designed as a still camera. It does have some photo features. But, its main purpose is video in landscape format.

Although I do shoot some panos, for me, the "fix" is to use a still camera for still photography. I prefer using the right tool for the job.
2020-10-2
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules