DJI Assistant 2 - Network Error Please Retry
6571 14 2020-9-12
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
alfaholic
lvl.2
Flight distance : 4143734 ft
Serbia

I am not able to downgrade/upgrade formware for MA2 as the Assistant shows this error: Network Error Please Retry. I tried two internet providers, and two oeprating systems. Any idea what to do?
2020-9-12
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Hi alfaholic, please check if the firewall has block the DJI Assistant 2, you may try to reinstall the DJI Assistant 2 and try again. If the issue persists, please help export the log from the computer for further confirmation, below's the route:
Mac: :~/Library/Application Support/DJI Assistant 2/log
Windows: \Users\…\AppData\Roaming\DJI Assistant 2\log
As of the moment, if possible, please try to update the firmware via the mobile device data. See if this solves the issue.
2020-9-12
Use props
alfaholic
lvl.2
Serbia

DJI Susan Posted at 9-12 20:12
Hi alfaholic, please check if the firewall has block the DJI Assistant 2, you may try to reinstall the DJI Assistant 2 and try again. If the issue persists, please help export the log from the computer for further confirmation, below's the route:
Mac: :~/Library/Application Support/DJI Assistant 2/log
Windows: \Users\…\AppData\Roaming\DJI Assistant 2\log

I changed DNS so now it works. Then I downgraded the firmware and then upgraded to the last one for MA2, all 3 batteries and for the controller.
I will test the range and signal quality today again, however I see many people complaining about not being able to pass 500 meters, this looks identical to what I am seeing.
2020-9-12
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

alfaholic Posted at 9-12 23:10
I changed DNS so now it works. Then I downgraded the firmware and then upgraded to the last one for MA2, all 3 batteries and for the controller.
I will test the range and signal quality today again, however I see many people complaining about not being able to pass 500 meters, this looks identical to what I am seeing.

Thank you for your update, it is happy to hear that you had worked out the firmware update issue.
For the distance issue, flight distance sometimes relates to the flight environment, we would suggest that you fly the drone in an open wide area and keep away from the interference. Please check the channel interference on the transmission settings.
Please avoid obstacles such as heavy forests, mountains, or buildings between the drone and RC, these may block the signal.
Please check the antennas' position of the remote controller. Distance should be greater than height during flight, and please make sure the remote controller’s antennas are positioned parallel to and are pointed towards the aircraft, you can refer to the picture below.See if this optimizes the issue you encountered. 1.png
2020-9-14
Use props
alfaholic
lvl.2
Serbia

In urban areas 500 meter is the limit while in open wide area it goes to 4+ kilometers. I live in CE region so this must be the reason why the range is so bad in urban areas. Also I noticed that this antenna is different than the old one on MP, the old one was more omni-directional than this as the signal abruptly disappear if there is a tree between me and the drone, which never happened before.
I am not sure if my MP was CE as well, but if the drone chooses this automatically I believe it was.

Signal stability and transmission was one of the reasons I wanted to upgrade, unfortunately this is not the case at least for CE region. This makes the drone almost unusable in urban areas as it is not always possible to be close to the subject you are shooting.
One more lesson learned when it comes to YT fanboys and their objectivity.
2020-9-14
Use props
JodyB
First Officer
Flight distance : 302536 ft
  • >>>
United States

This is almost 100% the reason I don't rely on YT for reasons to buy. There are just a few youtuber's that I listen too and even then, I only rely on those for the positives. I only decided to make my purchase of the MA2 after a friend of mine got one and we let me borrow it for a week (Yes, he's a good friend and we borrow from each other quite a bit) that I saw the MA2 subjectively.  I agree and share with your opinion that most youtuber's only present the positives and rarely the negatives in order to make an informed decision as to whether or not a product if suited for what you need it to work for you.
2020-9-14
Use props
JodyB
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

I'm not too sure about the 500m issue you are seeing. Here is one MA2 owner that achieved a little better:
LINK
2020-9-14
Use props
alfaholic
lvl.2
Serbia

JodyB Posted at 9-14 06:17
I'm not too sure about the 500m issue you are seeing. Here is one MA2 owner that achieved a little better:
LINK
Thanks for the link, but few things are worth mentioning here:
1. He starts at some sagnificant heights already and files at 120 meters or higher
2. There is nothing in the LOS to stop the signal, not even a tree
3. Behind him is a wall so the signal can go only in one direction
4. This is a FCC region, which makes a lot of difference

I start in urban area, much lower and with many trees and buildings around me blocking the signal.
I understand this is not perfect for flying of course, just comparing how MA2 compares to MP I am used to.
2020-9-14
Use props
JodyB
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Understanding your environment and mode limitations (CE vs FCC) isn't something I have the luxury of and do apologize for that. My hopes was to perhaps point you in a direction that could yield any possible help.
2020-9-14
Use props
alfaholic
lvl.2
Serbia

Please do not apologize. I will investigate further, maybe there will be some antenna booster available for MA2, I see some cheap YAGI booster for the Mini, just not sure if those things actually work at all.
2020-9-14
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

JodyB Posted at 9-14 08:10
Understanding your environment and mode limitations (CE vs FCC) isn't something I have the luxury of and do apologize for that. My hopes was to perhaps point you in a direction that could yield any possible help.

New avatar????
2020-9-14
Use props
JodyB
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Yeah, I figure it was about time for a change LOL
2020-9-14
Use props
JodyB
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

alfaholic Posted at 9-14 08:18
Please do not apologize.  I will investigate further, maybe there will be some antenna booster available for MA2, I see some cheap YAGI booster for the Mini, just not sure if those things actually work at all.

If you have access to a 3d printer, you or a friend could make one of these yagi's pretty cheap, but keep in mind that if you use one of these, the antenna system becomes extremely tight on how you have to aim it at the drone.
2020-9-14
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

JodyB Posted at 9-14 08:20
Yeah, I figure it was about time for a change LOL

I hear you, but I sure did like your last avatar.
2020-9-14
Use props
JodyB
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

DowntownRDB Posted at 9-14 08:34
I hear you, but I sure did like your last avatar.

Not to worry, I'm planning on a different one to come!!
2020-9-14
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules