Firmware causing issues (Slow speed & failure of RTH)
752 3 2020-9-12
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Epicfatigue
lvl.1

Australia

Hey Guys,

I had an issue and i have been pulling my hair out for ages.
When running 2.00.0810 I would have return to home sometimes work others it would just keep ascending… and i mean acceding like see ya mate.
The other issue i had was max 10kph with OA turned off and normal movement in sports mode.
Since i downgraded to 2.00.0700 everything is fine.
RTH always works, and my drone is super fast again and i can actually have OA turned on with normal speed.

Has DJI got a fix or even acknowledged that there is an issue here?
I have tried every combination of setting with the latest firmware but for whatever reason it seeps to play hell with its sensors.

Seems like with the latest version, the altitude sensor is always reporting false data and the front sensors always think there is an object within range so it slows right down.

Also i am Running a DJI4 Standard.

I have found this issue seems to be not very common but only with the Standard version.
2020-9-12
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

When running 2.00.0810 I would have return to home sometimes work others it would just keep acceding… and i mean acceding like see ya mate.
Seems like with the latest version, the altitude sensor is always reporting false data and the front sensors always think there is an object within range so it slows right down.
Do you mean ascending?

If your drone in RTH is climbing too high, I'd be guessing that it's trying to climb over an obstacle.
Your flighty data would confirm whether that's what's happening or not.
If it is, (and the obstacle isn't the sun), you might need to clean your OA sensors and recalibrate them.

Has DJI got a fix or even acknowledged that there is an issue here?
I haven't heard of an issue that needs fixing for them to acknowledge.

2020-9-12
Use props
Epicfatigue
lvl.1

Australia

Labroides Posted at 9-12 21:37
When running 2.00.0810 I would have return to home sometimes work others it would just keep acceding… and i mean acceding like see ya mate.
Do you mean ascending?

Hey Thanks for the quick response.

Yes my sensors are clean.

I have double checked rolling back and forward with the firmware today.
Issues only occur on 2.00.0810.

Multiple people report the problem on here.
https://forum.phantomhelp.com/t/return-to-home-not-working-including-log/3632/39

I am going to re upgrade, and run the calibration software clean all sensors one last time.
Will can also get some flight data happening to help aswell
2020-9-12
Use props
Epicfatigue
lvl.1

Australia

Well, i upgraded same issues again..
Redid IMU calibration and compass.
Same issue again.

Factory reset same issue.
But then this time i re-calibrated OA sensors via the assistant app.

Thank you heaps for this, i was unaware you could recalibrate them.
They must have made some changes in the firmware that need them to be recalibrated, or just in mine who knows but all good now,
Finally my drone is in tip top shape for fishing again!
2020-9-12
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules