DJI OM 4 + Mimo app camera control for YouTube Livestream?
9781 15 2020-9-13
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
bookofjoe
New
United States

Can  DJI OM 4 + Mimo app control camera for YouTube livestream?
2020-9-13
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Hi there, DJI OM4 currently does not support live streaming. But as a stabilization gimbal, DJI OM4 can still provide basic gimbal stabilization for the device when it is not connected to the software. You can turn on your live broadcast software after setting up your mobile phone and use the stabilization function of the gimbal. Thanks.
2020-9-13
Use props
flash_developerhotmail.com
New

Ireland

Currently I need to live streaming on Facebook or Youtube or Zoom (zoom app Would be amazing option for business meetings!) by using DJI Mimo app and to take advantage of the ActiveTrack 3.0 functionality...
I think this one is the most important feature that if DJI provided will be a real game changer! DJI you are amazing company but  please think out of the box
2020-9-14
Use props
bookofjoe
New
United States

DJI Natalia Posted at 9-13 22:31
Hi there, DJI OM4 currently does not support live streaming. But as a stabilization gimbal, DJI OM4 can still provide basic gimbal stabilization for the device when it is not connected to the software. You can turn on your live broadcast software after setting up your mobile phone and use the stabilization function of the gimbal. Thanks.

Thanks very much for your prompt and helpful response. I must say that I would not have bought the DJI OM 4 had I known this beforehand, but I am impressed by the elegance and user friendliness of the device and I'm now fine with having purchased it. I am going to use it as you suggest, as a stabilization gimbal for my YouTube livestreams (I use EpocCam x Kinoni, a $7.99 app from Apple's App Store). Just as you enabled your Osmo Action camera for livestreaming via the March 2020 firmware update (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0okdeCvjZ8o), I'm hoping your engineers can do the same for my device OR create a successor to the DJI OM 4 that will have livestreaming capability from the get-go.
2020-9-14
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

bookofjoe Posted at 9-14 05:26
Thanks very much for your prompt and helpful response. I must say that I would not have bought the DJI OM 4 had I known this beforehand, but I am impressed by the elegance and user friendliness of the device and I'm now fine with having purchased it. I am going to use it as you suggest, as a stabilization gimbal for my YouTube livestreams (I use EpocCam x Kinoni, a $7.99 app from Apple's App Store). Just as you enabled your Osmo Action camera for livestreaming via the March 2020 firmware update (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0okdeCvjZ8o), I'm hoping your engineers can do the same for my device OR create a successor to the DJI OM 4 that will have livestreaming capability from the get-go.

Hi bookofjoe, thank you so much for your support, your suggestion will be forwarded to the related team. If there is anything else I can assist you with, please feel free to let me know.
2020-9-15
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

flash_developerhotmail.com Posted at 9-14 05:23
Currently I need to live streaming on Facebook or Youtube or Zoom (zoom app Would be amazing option for business meetings!) by using DJI Mimo app and to take advantage of the ActiveTrack 3.0 functionality...
I think this one is the most important feature that if DJI provided will be a real game changer! DJI you are amazing company but  please think out of the box

Hi there, thank you for your feedback, I'll forward the suggestion to the related team.
2020-9-15
Use props
Grufh
lvl.1
Canada

With COVID there are no spectators  at our hockey games. We have someone designated to stream the games for the parents to watch..
Having at least a zoom control would be really appreciated.
Thanks!
2020-11-3
Use props
JERNOR83
lvl.1
United States

Sure hope that they add live streaming to this product because with COVID going on, live streaming events and functions are in BIG TIME and it's a feature/service that is missing and making this gimbal not worth the money.  Luckily I still have the original Osmo Mobile, however, I prefer to update to the OM 4 that I bought.
2020-11-29
Use props
djiuser_euzu2efOMZ52
lvl.1
United States

I am a high school teacher and have been forced to return to virtual teaching.  I purchased the OM4 so students could 'feel' like they we're in the classroom.  I would be able to walk around the classroom, utilizing whitebaoards, smartboard, other materials and the OM4 would track me.  We teach virtually over the Google Meet platform so the ability to livestream to the meet is incredibly important.  I can not find how to make this happen.  Could someone at DJI please help?  If there is no way to make this happen, I will need to return the device and resort to a static version of teaching remotely.  PLEASE HELP!!!  Students are struggling learning remotely and I feel this your tracking gimbal can be a game-changer in virtual education...if we could make streaming to Google Meet, or Zoom, or other platforms at reality.  AGAIN, PLEASE HELP!!!
Thank you very much.
2020-12-7
Use props
djiuser_2Gg3QbRyVaFW
lvl.1
Flight distance : 38832 ft
Argentina

I think this feature is a must. I need stream ti rtmp, fb, YouTube ir whatever,  with activetrack and now i cant do it.
2021-3-3
Use props
kgohs
New

United States

Yep, we need this feature! I bought it without realizing it couldn't live stream and ActiveTrack at the same time, so now it may have to be returned...
2021-3-11
Use props
djiuser_qkY70fJHhbUH
lvl.1
United States

Hi all,
I still want DJI to fix this on their end, but there is one way to livestream on Zoom if you have an iphone and a Mac. Step 1: Start your Mimo App in the camera mode. Step 2: Start your Zoom meeting. Step 3: In Zoom, click on Share Screen and click on Iphone/Ipad via Airplay. Step 4: Swipe down from the upper right on your Iphone and click Screen Mirroring, then choose the Zoom option. Step 5: Hopefully success. If Airplay didnt connect, you might need to eithe restart your Mac or Iphone.

This has worked for me. It's not ideal because it shows all of the various menu options and the green box around your face. But it does work.

Hope this helps until DJI gets its act together and does what customers were expecting when they bought its product!
2021-3-27
Use props
djiuser_qkY70fJHhbUH
lvl.1
United States

btw, you can then put this on Facebook Live or Youtube by doing a share screen of the window that is showing up on your Mac (I just tried this on Facebook live and it worked).
2021-3-27
Use props
JeepDrone
New
Flight distance : 22464 ft
United States

djiuser_qkY70fJHhbUH Posted at 3-27 15:41
btw, you can then put this on Facebook Live or Youtube by doing a share screen of the window that is showing up on your Mac (I just tried this on Facebook live and it worked).

Can you explain this a little more?   Are you saying you were able to get this to work for livestream with the OM4?
2021-4-28
Use props
fanscae686fa
lvl.1
Switzerland

Hello,

I am also very interested in doing live streaming. What's the news about this?
2021-6-30
Use props
silenttempestz
New
United States

I'm also a bit disappointed that ActiveTrack cannot be used while streaming a zoom meeting. Make ActiveTrack able to run in the mimo app while the app is a background process. That way, users can set ActiveTrack in Mimo app, send it to the background, and use whatever streaming app.
2021-7-15
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules