Starting over
829 5 2020-9-13
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Arnie R
Second Officer
Flight distance : 80958 ft
United States

Due to many circumstances beyond my control, I have not used my Spark in a year. I pulled everything out of the box last night and recharged the batteries and remote.

Started everything up inside the house this morning and the Spark took off normally. I set it in a hover position to test the battery to make sure it was indeed holding power.  No issue there.

After about 3-4 minutes, the Spark beeped and went down to about 1 foot off the floor as if it were going to land on its own. I used the remote to bring it down completely. Props shut off by themselves. Spark still powered on.

Attempted to restart the props without success.

Remote button shows green still.

Spark front lights are solid red.  Rear lights are blinking 6 slow greens followed by 2 very slow reds, repeating this sequence.

I am within a 5 miles radius of a small municipal airport and I thought somewhere I read that the FAA drone rules/regulations may have changed affecting whether the drone may take off or not.

Is my Spark being automatically shut down or am I merely missing something simple on my part? The flashing light chart in the owner's manual doesn't seem to address what I am seeing.

Thanks.
2020-9-13
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused. With regards to this concern. May I know the model of the mobile device you are using please and kindly please check if the DJI Spark is using the most recent firmware to isolate the issue. Please keep us posted for further assistance. Thank you.
2020-9-15
Use props
Arnie R
Second Officer
United States

DJI Paladin Posted at 9-15 06:57
Hi. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused. With regards to this concern. May I know the model of the mobile device you are using please and kindly please check if the DJI Spark is using the most recent firmware to isolate the issue. Please keep us posted for further assistance. Thank you.

I will have to check everything you mentioned. Having not used the drone for a year, it dawned on me later that perhaps i needed to check everything for updates. I also had acquired both a new iPhone and iPad recently, so may be items to be looked at there.

I’ll get back with you later.  Thanks.
2020-9-15
Use props
Arnie R
Second Officer
United States

Okay, I am attempting to download and install DJI Assistant 2 onto my PC to check and perform any firmware updates on my Spark/batteries/remote, etc as necessary. Except, it won't download, and gives me error messages. Am I doing something incorrectly or do I need another program instead?
2020-9-15
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Arnie R Posted at 9-15 18:58
Okay, I am attempting to download and install DJI Assistant 2 onto my PC to check and perform any firmware updates on my Spark/batteries/remote, etc as necessary. Except, it won't download, and gives me error messages. Am I doing something incorrectly or do I need another program instead?

I am sorry for the trouble this has caused. May I know did you download the DJI Assistant 2 for this link? May I know what operating your are using please? Kindly provide a sample picture of the issue. Thank you.
2020-9-16
Use props
Arnie R
Second Officer
United States

Hi,
I downloaded DJI Assistant 2 from your link onto my PC (running Win 10). I was able to open the program. I went thru a download, uploading and install sequence. The initial screen said my Spark was already updated to the latestt version, However, I went thru the Refresh option to be sure.

The remote starts up and so does the Spark. The remote pairs with the Spark (green lite) and the props start. The Spark runs about one minute, then the props stop. Spark still on as is the remote. After a few minutes, I am able to restart the props, but they again shut off after about a minute. Spark props will not restart after that.

I recall a long time ago having to update the batteries - is still necessary?

I also wonder about any recent FAA changes in the USA that may have occurred within the past year that may be affecting whether my drone can operate or not. I am within 5 miles of a small municipal airport. Are you aware of any, FAA changes that may affect whether the drone can operate or not?

Kinda lost at this moment. I have 10 batteries and several hundred dollars invested in various accessories and parts and would have to give up and dump all of this in the trash bin.

Thanks. .

2020-9-17
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules