Channel mode mavic mini
3360 17 2020-9-13
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_YOZoFpdlWBla
lvl.4
Flight distance : 42415 ft
United States

What channel mode do I use on my mavic mini. Auto or manual or what.
2020-9-13
Use props
GaryDoug
First Officer
Flight distance : 1264639 ft
  • >>>
United States

I use Auto all the time. But I suppose there may be times where manual is better.
2020-9-13
Use props
djiuser_YOZoFpdlWBla
lvl.4
United States

GaryDoug Posted at 9-13 21:11
I use Auto all the time. But I suppose there may be times where manual is better.

Ok thanks you. I’m new at this and must have bumped mine because it was on manual and I lost signal and it was only 50 feet from me. And was thinking being manual could have caused that. But I might have had a week cell signal also. I still could control it but I lost all data so I’m hoping the mini still had satellite signal in case it needed to RTH. Kinda scared me. Lol
2020-9-13
Use props
GaryDoug
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

And if I remember right, the nomenclature for selecting that channel is confusing and seems to be opposite what I would expect.
2020-9-13
Use props
djiuser_YOZoFpdlWBla
lvl.4
United States

GaryDoug Posted at 9-13 21:33
And if I remember right, the nomenclature for selecting that channel is confusing and seems to be opposite what I would expect.

Ok.     ? You lost me on that one. Sorry
2020-9-13
Use props
GaryDoug
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

djiuser_YOZoFpdlWBla Posted at 9-13 21:36
Ok.     ? You lost me on that one. Sorry

When I looked at the indicator graphs, I think it showed the worst ones as bigger or something like that. Anyway, whatever it was seemed opposite to my way of thinking ;-)
2020-9-13
Use props
djiuser_YOZoFpdlWBla
lvl.4
United States

GaryDoug Posted at 9-13 21:43
When I looked at the indicator graphs, I think it showed the worst ones as bigger or something like that. Anyway, whatever it was seemed opposite to my way of thinking ;-)

Ok . I’ll look at them tomorrow.
I know if I remember right it was in manual and only had one signal bar frequency selected in manual bur there were a few other green bars so I’m guessing the auto would be the best way,to go so it can choose the strongest channel.
Thanks you.
Doug
2020-9-13
Use props
AMIR_king
First Officer
Flight distance : 372992 ft
United States

On manual the bar with the lowest volume is the best one to select.
2020-9-15
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused. With regards to this concern. When the channel mode is set to auto , the drone will pick up the best channel, based on the current environment every time the drone is powered on. Since you are experiencing connectivity issue, please try flying the drone in a different location with less interference like radio towers, power lines and metal structure. Please keep us posted for further assistance. Thank you.
2020-9-15
Use props
djiuser_YOZoFpdlWBla
lvl.4
United States

DJI Paladin Posted at 9-15 08:23
Hi. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused. With regards to this concern. When the channel mode is set to auto , the drone will pick up the best channel, based on the current environment every time the drone is powered on. Since you are experiencing connectivity issue, please try flying the drone in a different location with less interference like radio towers, power lines and metal structure. Please keep us posted for further assistance. Thank you.

I just checked the manual and it doesn’t say anything about the Manual vs Auto on the signal.
When I had the problem I noticed it was in manual ( don’t remember what one it was on.
But my question is would it be better if we used Auto.  That is my concerned and if that would have possibly corrected my signal loss.
Thanked you
Doug
2020-9-15
Use props
AMIR_king
First Officer
United States

Yes if you dont know how to choose the best signal then put it in auto, it will do it for you.
2020-9-15
Use props
AMIR_king
First Officer
United States

Hope that helped
2020-9-15
Use props
djiuser_YOZoFpdlWBla
lvl.4
United States

AMIR_king Posted at 9-15 10:32
Yes if you dont know how to choose the best signal then put it in auto, it will do it for you.

Ok thank you.
Doug
2020-9-15
Use props
AMIR_king
First Officer
United States

No problem
2020-9-15
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

djiuser_YOZoFpdlWBla Posted at 9-15 08:30
I just checked the manual and it doesn’t say anything about the Manual vs Auto on the signal.
When I had the problem I noticed it was in manual ( don’t remember what one it was on.
But my question is would it be better if we used Auto.  That is my concerned and if that would have possibly corrected my signal loss.

Thank you for the additional information and thank you for sharing your personal insights. With regards to this query. You may want to use Auto mode since the drone will use the best channel in the location when it powers on. Thank you.
2020-9-16
Use props
amir_KING
First Officer
United States

DJI Paladin Posted at 9-16 13:45
Thank you for the additional information and thank you for sharing your personal insights. With regards to this query. You may want to use Auto mode since the drone will use the best channel in the location when it powers on. Thank you.

2020-9-28
Use props
Nel De Vera
New

Spain

AMIR_king Posted at 9-15 06:02
On manual the bar with the lowest volume is the best one to select.

Its thats proven?
2020-12-26
Use props
Through The Lens
First Officer
United States

Yes, ots the one wiith lowest interference .
2020-12-29
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules