1572 16 2020-9-14
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Éfe_Dê
lvl.1
Flight distance : 9685 ft
Mozambique

Hi there pilots,

I was flying my Mavic Mini and when i took it up, maybe at about 15 to 20m i got the following message on my screen:
Caution: Aircraft temporarily disconnected. Adjust remote controller antennas to regain connection. If the connection is not recovered within 11s, Failsafe RTH will be initiated

At this time, I had the antennas in the correct position. When i got the warning, the drone wouldn´t obbey the joystick. After a while the connection came back. Then it happened again for several times and I decided to stop flying.

Has anyone had a similar issue? What was it due to?

Thanks,
FD
2020-9-14
Use props
George210477
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2676129 ft
  • >>>
Romania

Hi, yes, it happened to me also a lot of times when i was in city. The Mini cannot skip the band auto as MA2, so if you go from your house that have a router in 2.4Ghz on channel 3 for example, at 100meters where there are other routers that selected channel 5 or 6, and your transmission is on 6 as it was "free channel" at Homepoint, you will get strong interference. In order to deal with this, change to 5 Gigs, will not cover more than 500 meters, but will be more stable. Use 2.4 Ghz only when you are outside town, as he band is ussualy fuuly occupied and will get a lot of interferences that will make you lose the signal.Edit: avoid to go straight up from homepoint, leave always an angle, as the Mini antennas are oriented more for front-rear, than up-down...
Anyway, if gives you this at 20m, is clear to be an interference...
Try again in a free from wifi zone.

PS. Get your phone to AIRPLANE mode...leave only GPS on it...very very important.
2020-9-14
Use props
Éfe_Dê
lvl.1
Mozambique

Thanks a lot George.
I will try this again next time i take off ;)
2020-9-14
Use props
AMIR_king
First Officer
Flight distance : 372992 ft
United States

Going straight up is the worst position for the MMs anntenas. Try going about 50 meters forwards then going up if possible.
2020-9-14
Use props
GaryDoug
First Officer
Flight distance : 1264639 ft
  • >>>
United States

I have never had any problems leaving straight up. But if it makes you feel better, just flip the antennae down to 45 or horizontal. That's why they are adjustable on the fly. But then again, I do have the FCC version.
2020-9-14
Use props
AMIR_king
First Officer
United States

Yes, luckly i have FCC too so havent had issues but i heard that going up is a problem for the MM
2020-9-14
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

GaryDoug Posted at 9-14 18:23
I have never had any problems leaving straight up. But if it makes you feel better, just flip the antennae down to 45 or horizontal. That's why they are adjustable on the fly. But then again, I do have the FCC version.

It may help to adjust the antenna position, but it does not eliminate the problem. The reason being, when the aircraft is directly overhead, the antennas in the aircraft are in their worst position with reaspect to the antennas on the RC unit, and the aircraft antennas cannot be adjusted.
2020-9-14
Use props
GaryDoug
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Geebax Posted at 9-14 18:48
It may help to adjust the antenna position, but it does not eliminate the problem. The reason being, when the aircraft is directly overhead, the antennas in the aircraft are in their worst position with reaspect to the antennas on the RC unit, and the aircraft antennas cannot be adjusted.
2020-9-14
Use props
djiuser_YOZoFpdlWBla
lvl.4
Flight distance : 42415 ft
United States

GaryDoug Posted at 9-14 18:58

I had the same problem and mine was only 50 feet away in front of me.
In my case it said loss of signal and I lost all telemetry and video.  I still had control to land.
I do know I have weak cell phone in my area.
I did notice I was in manual for my signal so I’m wondering if I should have been in auto.
I’d lock to see if you were in manual or auto. In Transmission.
I’m new so I am not sure here.
Doug.
2020-9-14
Use props
GaryDoug
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

djiuser_YOZoFpdlWBla Posted at 9-14 19:59
I had the same problem and mine was only 50 feet away in front of me.
In my case it said loss of signal and I lost all telemetry and video.  I still had control to land.
I do know I have weak cell phone in my area.

Just a tip: When you reply to someone, you have to click on the "Reply" word under THEIR post and not the last post in the thread. Or you can just add a comment without the reply option for a specific post.
2020-9-14
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there FD. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. Regarding your concern have you try to fly to a different location/area with less interference for us to isolate the said issue. May we also know the model of the mobile device you are using please? In addition, I will post an official DJI tutorial video on DJI Remote Controller Antenna Best Practices. Thank you.

2020-9-14
Use props
Eacutefe_Decirc
lvl.1
Mozambique

DJI Stephen Posted at 9-14 21:23
Hello there FD. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. Regarding your concern have you try to fly to a different location/area with less interference for us to isolate the said issue. May we also know the model of the mobile device you are using please? In addition, I will post an official DJI tutorial video on DJI Remote Controller Antenna Best Practices. Thank you.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P7M9JtfVwQE

Hi Stephen,

Yes indeed i have flown on the beach and the MM performed amazingly well. Didn't have any interference and never lost signal. Perhaps it was the antennae position or maybe wifi signal around.

Thanks a lot for your support
2020-9-14
Use props
Eacutefe_Decirc
lvl.1
Mozambique

Hi Stephen,

Yes indeed i have flown on the beach and the MM performed amazingly well. Didn't have any interference and never lost signal. Perhaps it was the antennae position or maybe wifi signal around.

Thanks a lot for your support
2020-9-14
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Eacutefe_Decirc Posted at 9-14 23:21
Hi Stephen,

Yes indeed i have flown on the beach and the MM performed amazingly well. Didn't have any interference and never lost signal. Perhaps it was the antennae position or maybe wifi signal around.

Hi there Eacutefe_Decirc. Thank you for the reply and for these information you have shared. If you have any other concerns or inquiries with DJI. Please feel free to post it here at DJI Forum. We are all here to help and assist you. Thank you.
2020-9-15
Use props
AMIR_king
First Officer
United States

Eacutefe_Decirc Posted at 9-14 23:22
Hi Stephen,

Yes indeed i have flown on the beach and the MM performed amazingly well. Didn't have any interference and never lost signal. Perhaps it was the antennae position or maybe wifi signal around.

Nice to know!
2020-9-16
Use props
djiuser_YOZoFpdlWBla
lvl.4
Flight distance : 42415 ft
United States

Hello there FD. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. Regarding your concern have you try to fly to a different location/area with less interference for us to isolate the said issue. May we also know the model of the mobile device you are using please? In addition, I will post an official DJI tutorial video on DJI Remote Controller Antenna Best Practices. Thank you.

I understand the angle thing. But I’m wondering how i it is affected close like 100 ft above doing a RTH.
I’m guessing I need to be farther away from landing site (? How far?) .
Both times I lost signal was when it was landing and was 100 ft  above me and I was close to landing pad but my antennas were pointing up rather than out.
I’m thinking I need to start a new landing proceeder for putting antennas out rather than up.
Being close I kinda figures the signal would be strong enough but now I’m getting second thoughts on that.
Yes I did see the signals video.
Doug
2020-9-16
Use props
Cients
Second Officer
Flight distance : 5537369 ft
Portugal

I got the same problem since I acquired the new parabolic sign amplifier when the Mini is at the vertical of my position.
2020-10-26
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules