Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
New DJI Fly App
12Next >
3610 60 2020-9-14
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Magicdroner
lvl.4
Flight distance : 101086 ft
United States

Hi. I just saw there is a new DJI Fly App (Version 1.1.9) now available on IOS.
2020-9-14
Use props
JodyB
lvl.4
Flight distance : 302536 ft
  • >>>
United States

Good find!! Same description as 1.1.8 though probably some under the hood fixes perhaps
2020-9-14
Use props
K6CCC
lvl.4
Flight distance : 651683 ft
United States

Downloading for my #$%&* iPhone.  Nothing new in the Google Play Store for my Android yet (what I normally fly with).  Not in any hurry however since my Mini is at the DJI hospital - I miss him...
2020-9-14
Use props
Niknik
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1595640 ft
  • >>>
Greece

And whats new? Not in description but inside the app?
2020-9-14
Use props
A J
Captain
Flight distance : 13838848 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Just updated again. Nothing new by the looks of it
2020-9-14
Use props
Niknik
Second Officer
  • >>>
Greece

A J Posted at 9-14 09:14
Just updated again. Nothing new by the looks of it

Then a major firmware is coming again very very soon.
2020-9-14
Use props
A J
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Niknik Posted at 9-14 09:27
Then a major firmware is coming again very very soon.

I thought that too
2020-9-14
Use props
JM.REYES
lvl.4
Flight distance : 84423 ft
Spain

I DON'T UNDERSTAND IT, I HAVE VERSION 1.1.8 AND I CAN SEE THAT IT IS 1.1.9, EVEN THOUGH IT DOES NOT ADD OR REMOVE ANYTHING, BUT ... SHOULD I DELETE VERSION 8 AND PUT ON 9? OR I LEAVE IT AS IS, I DO NOT SKIP ANY UPDATE.
2020-9-14
Use props
RolandSchlangen
lvl.3
Flight distance : 17861 ft
Netherlands

JM.REYES Posted at 9-14 09:38
I DON'T UNDERSTAND IT, I HAVE VERSION 1.1.8 AND I CAN SEE THAT IT IS 1.1.9, EVEN THOUGH IT DOES NOT ADD OR REMOVE ANYTHING, BUT ... SHOULD I DELETE VERSION 8 AND PUT ON 9? OR I LEAVE IT AS IS, I DO NOT SKIP ANY UPDATE.

First: please stop yelling; turn off your caps-lock.
Second: we cannot decide what you should do. If you want 1.1.9 tehn please go ahead and remove 1.1.8 and reinstall 1.1.9
2020-9-14
Use props
JM.REYES
lvl.4
Spain

RolandSchlangen Publicado a las 9-14 09:49
Primero: por favor deje de gritar; apague su cerradura de las tapas.
Segundo: no podemos decidir lo que debe hacer. Si desea 1.1.9 tehn por favor siga adelante y retire 1.1.8 y vuelva a instalar 1.1.9

Scream? ... but if I'm writing ... hahahahaha. I don't know what you mean, but I'm sorry if I was able to upset you in anything.
I do not pretend that they decide for me, I can make my own decisions, I only ask for advice based on experiences, it is simple to be able to remove and put, but I wanted your opinions about it. Only that.
2020-9-14
Use props
Niknik
Second Officer
  • >>>
Greece

JM.REYES Posted at 9-14 09:59
Segundo: no podemos decidir lo que debe hacer. Si desea 1.1.9 tehn por favor siga adelante y retire 1.1.8 y vuelva a instalar 1.1.9

You should install 1.1.9 because if there is nothing more or less at least visible then it means that with the new firmware all the changes will become visible. The new firmware will need the 1.1.9 version to run the new things. The new firmware will be  ready in a few days. My opinion as the hiatory is like this
2020-9-14
Use props
Suren
Captain
Flight distance : 13425892 ft
  • >>>
New Zealand

When you type with CAP LOCKS on it means you are yelling
2020-9-14
Use props
A J
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Suren Posted at 9-14 10:31
When you type with CAP LOCKS on it means you are yelling

DOES IT? Oh yeah.  
2020-9-14
Use props
JodyB
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

New app version doesn't always mean a new firmware. Not saying that there won't be as often times that does happen too. I seem to recall a couple of app updates for the mavic mini and one specifically for the mavic air 2 that wasn't followed by a firmware update.
2020-9-14
Use props
Niknik
Second Officer
  • >>>
Greece

JodyB Posted at 9-14 10:45
New app version doesn't always mean a new firmware. Not saying that there won't be as often times that does happen too. I seem to recall a couple of app updates for the mavic mini and one specifically for the mavic air 2 that wasn't followed by a firmware update.

The new version of fly will be needed for the firmware to work. The new firmware has the new functions that are hidden intil rhe new firmware arrives
2020-9-14
Use props
JodyB
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

And so I’m aware. But like I said, a new app version does not always mean a new firmware will come. There things that can be done by software update that does not require a firmware update. Although the probability is high that one will come, it isn’t required if they are just tweaking the software.
2020-9-14
Use props
JM.REYES
lvl.4
Spain

Suren Posted at 9-14 10:31
When you type with CAP LOCKS on it means you are yelling
You will never lie down yeah know something new.
Thank you very much for the clarification, I realize now that I am screaming on the internet like crazy ... hahahahahahaha. I know one more thing, thanks friend.
2020-9-14
Use props
JM.REYES
lvl.4
Spain

Niknik Posted at 9-14 10:26
You should install 1.1.9 because if there is nothing more or less at least visible then it means that with the new firmware all the changes will become visible. The new firmware will need the 1.1.9 version to run the new things. The new firmware will be  ready in a few days. My opinion as the hiatory is like this

Thank you very much for your advice, I have already removed the old version and installed the most recent one. Apparently I don't see any changes, but if DJI has pulled it out, there will be something non-visual internal.
2020-9-14
Use props
JodyB
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

JM.REYES Posted at 9-14 12:28
Thank you very much for your advice, I have already removed the old version and installed the most recent one. Apparently I don't see any changes, but if DJI has pulled it out, there will be something non-visual internal.

This might be the app update to correct the ADS-B warning speaking in Chinese for all we know at the moment. Could very well be a firmware update close to being released too. Either way, I'm glad they continue to keep the updates rolling!!
2020-9-14
Use props
GaryDoug
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1264639 ft
  • >>>
United States

JM.REYES Posted at 9-14 12:24
You will never lie down yeah know something new.
Thank you very much for the clarification, I realize now that I am screaming on the internet like crazy ... hahahahahahaha. I know one more thing, thanks friend.

Actually I have no problem with members using all caps since I am an old fart with fading vision ;-)
2020-9-14
Use props
Suren
Captain
Flight distance : 13425892 ft
  • >>>
New Zealand

A J Posted at 9-14 10:35
DOES IT?  Oh yeah.

2020-9-14
Use props
JM.REYES
lvl.4
Spain

GaryDoug Posted at 9-14 19:42
Actually I have no problem with members using all caps since I am an old fart with fading vision ;-)

From what you see, more than helping vision problems, this type of writing is aimed at THE DEAF ... hahahahaha.
I still find it funny to think about it.
2020-9-15
Use props
frankymusik
Second Officer
Flight distance : 27841053 ft
  • >>>
Germany

JM.REYES Posted at 9-15 00:38
From what you see, more than helping vision problems, this type of writing is aimed at THE DEAF ... hahahahaha.
I still find it funny to think about it.

2020-9-15
Use props
DG Boiler
lvl.2
Flight distance : 39938 ft
United States

RolandSchlangen Posted at 9-14 09:49
First: please stop yelling; turn off your caps-lock.
Second: we cannot decide what you should do. If you want 1.1.9 tehn please go ahead and remove 1.1.8 and reinstall 1.1.9

LOl. That’s yelling the L and the O but calming down on the final L.
2020-9-15
Use props
DG Boiler
lvl.2
Flight distance : 39938 ft
United States

He is referring to people who only type in CAPITAL letters. Normally considered to be YELLING and it makes it difficult for the readers.
2020-9-15
Use props
JodyB
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

GaryDoug Posted at 9-14 19:42

Am in the same boat there
2020-9-15
Use props
Daviewolf83
lvl.1
Flight distance : 41220 ft
United States

On the Apple Apps Store for Version 1.1.9 of the Fly App, it says the following under What's New:

- Adds a display for remaining storage space in Camera View.
- Fixes app crashing issues and improves overall stability.

There may be some new features coming with the next firmware release, but it does appear the stated changes are minor and partially "under the hood" changes.
2020-9-15
Use props
Aerial Photons
lvl.1

United States

all my "globe pictures" that were still interactive, all gone!  All of them, in my fly app, gone.  All of my pictures that were the globe kind, now turned into regular pictures that are panoramas now. UhG!
2020-9-15
Use props
A J
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Daviewolf83 Posted at 9-15 06:35
On the Apple Apps Store for Version 1.1.9 of the Fly App, it says the following under What's New:

- Adds a display for remaining storage space in Camera View.

It stated the same changes under version 1.1.8.

1.1.9 followed 24 hours later with the same stated changes. So it appears to be simply bug fixes they may not have been done correctly on 1.1.8 - though I haven't noticed any glitches in the first place.
2020-9-15
Use props
The Saint
Second Officer
Flight distance : 5902228 ft
  • >>>
United States

if you have an iPhone, just let it alone and it will do it's own thing.  it's really simple between the firmware and the software, it's all pretty much automatically.  only if you insist does it become complicated.  just let it happen when it happens.
2020-9-15
Use props
JodyB
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

The Saint Posted at 9-15 06:55
if you have an iPhone, just let it alone and it will do it's own thing.  it's really simple between the firmware and the software, it's all pretty much automatically.  only if you insist does it become complicated.  just let it happen when it happens.

Absolutely agree!!
2020-9-15
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi. Thank you for creating this post. This would be a great help to inform our valued DJI members regarding the new DJI Fly version. Thank you for your valued support.
2020-9-15
Use props
InvisibleName 7
lvl.4
Flight distance : 795653 ft
United Kingdom

The Saint Posted at 9-15 06:55
if you have an iPhone, just let it alone and it will do it's own thing.  it's really simple between the firmware and the software, it's all pretty much automatically.  only if you insist does it become complicated.  just let it happen when it happens.

Who were you responding to? For the iPhone app it won’t “do its own thing” unless you go to the App Store and select Update.
2020-9-15
Use props
JodyB
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

InvisibleName 7 Posted at 9-15 10:07
Who were you responding to? For the iPhone app it won’t “do its own thing” unless you go to the App Store and select Update.

Actually it will update automatically over a period of time. Just depends on how long you want to wait.
2020-9-15
Use props
djiuser_Ys3hEXARaA7s
New
Flight distance : 94816 ft
Italy

Ciao, ho volato Domenica pomeriggio con la versione 1.1.8 e non ho avuto problemi. Volevo aggiornare alla versione 1.1.9 ma non è disponibile. Ho un Samsung Galaxy S8+. Android.  È normale che non la veda?
2020-9-15
Use props
InvisibleName 7
lvl.4
United Kingdom

JodyB Posted at 9-15 10:17
Actually it will update automatically over a period of time. Just depends on how long you want to wait.

Only if you’ve got auto updates enabled, and not everyone does that
2020-9-15
Use props
JodyB
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

InvisibleName 7 Posted at 9-15 10:50
Only if you’ve got auto updates enabled, and not everyone does that

I don't think that was previously mentioned. I understand that not everyone does that. Your statement was that the iPhone won't "do it's own thing" unless you go to the App Store and select Update. Which is not true because you didn't state you had auto updates turned off. Not everyone does that and by default, it will "do it's own thing".
2020-9-15
Use props
The Saint
Second Officer
Flight distance : 5902228 ft
  • >>>
United States

InvisibleName 7 Posted at 9-15 10:07

Ii I had to manually update all the gadgets and apps and things I have in my life from a dozen phones and tablets to cameras and drones and half a dozen computers, bulbs and batteries and all kinds of electronic,, I would spend way most of my life, too much time trying to control stuff that doesn't need to be controlled.  nobody should have that kind of time to pick and choose how and when to update on a daily basis, it's 2020,  turn on your auto updates.  
2020-9-15
Use props
InvisibleName 7
lvl.4
United Kingdom

The Saint Posted at 9-15 15:25
Ii I had to manually update all the gadgets and apps and things I have in my life from a dozen phones and tablets to cameras and drones and half a dozen computers, bulbs and batteries and all kinds of electronic,, I would spend way most of my life, too much time trying to control stuff that doesn't need to be controlled.  nobody should have that kind of time to pick and choose how and when to update on a daily basis, it's 2020,  turn on your auto updates.

I do! I was making the point that not everyone has auto updates turned on
2020-9-15
Use props
InvisibleName 7
lvl.4
United Kingdom

JodyB Posted at 9-15 10:59
I don't think that was previously mentioned. I understand that not everyone does that. Your statement was that the iPhone won't "do it's own thing" unless you go to the App Store and select Update. Which is not true because you didn't state you had auto updates turned off. Not everyone does that and by default, it will "do it's own thing".

I know, that’s why I pointed it out for those that might not have auto updates enabled
2020-9-15
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules