Incompatible Firmware version (Code 30224)
90349 308 2020-9-14
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DJI Susan
Administrator

djiuser_isIW6GnIyEBu Posted at 2021-12-26 05:43
Good morning,
I bought a drone mini 2, after connecting it to the controller and connected to it, the drone displayed in the application to download updates.  The update has reached 40% and has stopped.  Now error 30224 pops up and there is nothing you can do.  The drone does not connect to the controller and the update does not want to be downloaded further because the drone is not connected to the controller.  The error pops up on both the huawei p30 pro and samsung s8 smartphone

Hi there, I am sorry for the belated reply. Please try to clear the firmware cache in DJI Fly app in Profile > Settings > Clear Cache and restart the app and drone and check again. Please also try to reinstall the latest DJI Fly app if the previous step does not work. Format the SD card as well. (Please back up the needed files and sync the flight record to the cloud before you reinstall the app/format the SD card). Please send the drone back to us for further service if the issue persists.
https://www.dji.com/us/service/repair
2022-2-10
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

djiuser_3I3JO98xGmCj Posted at 2021-12-27 11:53
I am having the same issure with new

Hi there, I am sorry for the belated reply. Please refer to my answer on #241, try to clear the firmware cache in DJI Fly app in Profile > Settings > Clear Cache and restart the app and drone and check again. Please also try to reinstall the latest DJI Fly app if the previous step does not work. Format the SD card as well. (Please back up the needed files and sync the flight record to the cloud before you reinstall the app/format the SD card). Please send the drone back to us for further service if the issue persists.
2022-2-10
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

djiuser_7Cky1yPQmcsh Posted at 2-1 06:30
Hi, im also experiencing this error on my air 2s, ive tried everything suggested,  ive seen that your going to send a link to another user with a beta download link,  can i please have this link too, thanks

Hi there, the issue has been sorted by the latest firmware. Please try to clear the firmware cache in DJI Fly app in Profile > Settings > Clear Cache and restart the app and drone and check again. Please also try to reinstall the latest DJI Fly app if the previous step does not work. Format the SD card as well. (Please back up the needed files and sync the flight record to the cloud before you reinstall the app/format the SD card). Please send the drone back to us for further service if the issue persists.
2022-2-10
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

djiuser_3I3JO98xGmCj Posted at 2021-12-27 11:53
I am having the same issure with new

Hi there, I am sorry for the belated reply. Please try to clear the firmware cache in DJI Fly app in Profile > Settings > Clear Cache and restart the app and drone and check again. Please also try to reinstall the latest DJI Fly app if the previous step does not work. Format the SD card as well. (Please back up the needed files and sync the flight record to the cloud before you reinstall the app/format the SD card).
Please note that if you have multiple batteries, please swap the battery and install it to the drone, update the firmware again.
Please send the drone back to us for further service if the issue persists.
2022-2-10
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Raja Mini2 Posted at 2021-12-30 02:35
Hello Susan,

I am having the same issues with Error Code 30224. I have tried everything as you mentioned in this message string. I have sent you a PM with my details. Can you please help me?

Hi there, I am sorry for the late reply. I had replied to your PM. Please check.
2022-2-10
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

djiuser_nglkl29v4IYx Posted at 1-7 02:00
Hi, I have recently purchased a DJI Mavic Air 2S. I successfully set up the drone and did some test flights over the past couple days. I have just now tried to fly the drone but saw a message about the firmware being incompatable and that the drone was unable to takeoff. I went into Settings as prompted, clicked 'Check for Firmware Updates' and get an error message 'Server Error. Wait a moment and try again (Code:-8)'. I have restarted multiple times, restarted and updated my phone, changed batteries etc but nothing is working.Can you please explain what this is and how I can fix it asap? So frustrating! Thank you

Hi there, I am deeply sorry for the belated reply. May I know if you have got the issue sorted?
Please try to delete the cache and use a different network and update again. If it is possible, please try to update the firmware by DJI Assistant 2. Please let me know if the issue persists.
2022-2-10
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Kacey2877 Posted at 2-2 11:56
I am also having code 30224 I have tried everything you have suggested and still the same problem...

This is so frustrating ... bad updates no answers!!!

Hi there, I am sorry for the belated reply. Please try to clear the firmware cache in DJI Fly app in Profile > Settings > Clear Cache and restart the app and drone and check again. Please also try to reinstall the latest DJI Fly app if the previous step does not work. Format the SD card as well. (Please back up the needed files and sync the flight record to the cloud before you reinstall the app/format the SD card).
Please note that if you have multiple batteries, please swap the battery and install it to the drone, update the firmware again.
2022-2-10
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Enrique_Germany Posted at 2-3 00:15
Hi DJI aka "SUSAN",
it looks like you guys failed to fix a 4 month old problem, even though people are writing to you that their drones are not flying anymore.
I will make exactly ONE attempt to fix the drone with your copy & paste tips, if it doesn't work it will go back to Amazon.

Hi there, I am sorry for the belated reply. Please note that the issue reported initially on this post had been sorted by the firmware update.
If you experience the same error now, try to clear the firmware cache in DJI Fly app in Profile > Settings > Clear Cache and restart the app and drone and check again. Please also try to reinstall the latest DJI Fly app if the previous step does not work. Format the SD card as well. (Please back up the needed files and sync the flight record to the cloud before you reinstall the app/format the SD card).
2022-2-10
Use props
xINDERx
New
Flight distance : 5459 ft
United States

Hi DJI Susan

I have pm you my account name, waiting for your reply.

Thanks
2022-2-15
Use props
djiuser_A2Ef7kIvvQLo
lvl.1
Flight distance : 4127339 ft
United States

I am getting incompatible firmware error on mini 2.  Can I get the fixed firmware you mentioned.  My email is brianblister@gmail.com.  thanks
2022-2-26
Use props
djiuser_34IqaikBJUn4
New
Puerto Rico

I just had ths issue today while updating my dji app and firmware and had a mini freak out. After seeing the battery firmware thing mentioned in the first few replies, (didn't know dji gave their batteries their own firmware) I decided to hooked up my battery pack with all 3 batteries to my updated controller. After the battery pack blinked a few times, I tested the drone with all 3 batteries and the error was gone!
2022-4-29
Use props
Mr_Quim
lvl.2
Flight distance : 203022 ft
Germany

Thank you very much, after a couple of months without using my drone, today when i was trying to use my drone, i was facing these issue too. But i did what was on first answers, i clear cache, closed dji app, restart drone and the controller and turn on again / connect it and the issue was fixed  
2022-5-3
Use props
Axyl
lvl.1
Flight distance : 4304 ft
United Kingdom

DJI Susan Posted at 2021-1-9 03:58
For there, for Mini 2 users who are getting the incompatible firmware message, we apologize for any inconvenience caused by this issue. It is likely that the issue you described is caused by the Fly Safe database being updated on an earlier version of the DJI Fly app. As the previous app version is incompatible with the current database, the app will prompt an error message.

We recommend that you update the DJI Fly app to the latest version, and provide your DJI Fly account name to us. We will send an optimized firmware version to you to fix this issue. Thank you for your understanding and support.

I am having this issue as well. I have PMd you my information
2022-6-14
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Axyl Posted at 6-14 06:31
I am having this issue as well. I have PMd you my information

Hi there, I had received your PM and replied, please check.
2022-6-20
Use props
cozmec
New

Greece

I am in vacation and I have this issue since yesterday. Please help!
2022-7-15
Use props
cozmec
New

Greece

I am in vacation and I have this issue since yesterday. Please help!
2022-7-15
Use props
DJIAlan
New
Brazil

djiuser_RSAbrWQVX2Sc Posted at 2020-12-2 13:47
Same thing happened to me today. I simply installed a different battery, powered everything back up, flew for a couple minutes, then installed the original one back in. Problem solved.

Thank you. I was with the same problem.
2022-7-20
Use props
djiuser_kC9UTxMUUKPI
New
Flight distance : 64760 ft
United States

Is anyone still having this problem? I just got this error code today after having my mini 2 for a week
2022-7-23
Use props
djiuser_eOOVI4qeisTG
New

Serbia

DJI Susan Posted at 2021-1-10 03:08
Received and replied.

hi Susan, I am having the same issue as other users. Meaning I cannot update my drone due to code error 30224. could you please help? I’ve noticed that you are helping others with the same problem. thanks
2022-9-12
Use props
djiuser_eOOVI4qeisTG
New

Serbia

DJI Susan Posted at 2021-1-10 03:08
Received and replied.

hi Susan, I am having the same issue as other users. Meaning I cannot update my drone due to code error 30224. could you please help? I’ve noticed that you are helping others with the same problem. thanks
2022-9-12
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

djiuser_eOOVI4qeisTG Posted at 9-12 14:52

Hi there, I am sorry for the issue you encountered. Could you please tell me the drone model you are using for further confirmation?
2022-9-12
Use props
djiuser_1oHTkuhPMheu
New
Australia

Today I returned a Dji mini es with two motors not working. New in box faulty. Got a replacement and same problem.  I live a hour out of town now having to returned the product again.. all thanks to faulty motors. What's the point in buying these drones when I spent $40 + in gas to returned a defective product.
2022-9-17
Use props
djiuser_bpEQaKb3yD7M
lvl.1
Flight distance : 549646 ft
Turkey

DJI Susan Posted at 9-12 19:28
Hi there, I am sorry for the issue you encountered. Could you please tell me the drone model you are using for further confirmation?

Hello susan, I am also getting the same error can you help me please? I have 3 batteries and they are all the same. latest version up to date
omer.tzts34@gmail.com
Dji mini 2
2022-9-25
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

djiuser_bpEQaKb3yD7M Posted at 9-25 11:54
Hello susan, I am also getting the same error can you help me please? I have 3 batteries and they are all the same. latest version up to date
omer.tzts34@gmail.com
Dji mini 2

Hi there, I replied to your PM, please check it out.
2022-9-27
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

djiuser_1oHTkuhPMheu Posted at 9-17 02:29
Today I returned a Dji mini es with two motors not working. New in box faulty. Got a replacement and same problem.  I live a hour out of town now having to returned the product again.. all thanks to faulty motors. What's the point in buying these drones when I spent $40 + in gas to returned a defective product.

We feel sorry for the inconvenience caused. May we know if your issue is solved? Please let us know if the issue is not solved, I will do my best to help.
2022-9-27
Use props
djiuser_kK4WT1t7AnoF
New

Russia

30224, пожалуйста отправьте мне прошивку для решения мой проблемы.
Gordeev_e@mail.ru
2022-10-24
Use props
djiuser_kK4WT1t7AnoF
New

Russia

DJI Susan Posted at 9-27 05:56
Hi there, I replied to your PM, please check it out.

30224, пожалуйста отправьте мне прошивку для решения мой проблемы
Gordeev_e@mail.ru
2022-10-24
Use props
BooTMaN
lvl.1
Cyprus

Hello Susan, I am also getting the same problem (30224) can you help me?.  version is up to date
gigabyte44x10@gmail.com
Dji Air2s
Thnx
2022-12-5
Use props
BLUE OVAL
New

United Kingdom

DJI Susan Posted at 2-10 05:13
Hi there, I am sorry for the belated reply. Please note that the issue reported initially on this post had been sorted by the firmware update.
If you experience the same error now, try to clear the firmware cache in DJI Fly app in Profile > Settings > Clear Cache and restart the app and drone and check again. Please also try to reinstall the latest DJI Fly app if the previous step does not work. Format the SD card as well. (Please back up the needed files and sync the flight record to the cloud before you reinstall the app/format the SD card).

Hi, Drone arrived 12pm 22-12-22 , after set up i got the same error code. Steve
2022-12-22
Use props
djiuser_IXm4ujrhzywt
New
Mexico

I have the same problem.  All the software is allready updated and the error persist.
2022-12-29
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

BLUE OVAL Posted at 2022-12-22 09:31
Hi, Drone arrived 12pm 22-12-22 , after set up i got the same error code. Steve

Hi there, I am sorry for the belated reply. May I know the drone model you have? Please try the steps I mentioned above, make sure the app, the aircraft, the spare batteries, and the controller are all updated. Please let me know if the issue persists, thank you.
2023-1-1
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

djiuser_IXm4ujrhzywt Posted at 2022-12-29 17:55
I have the same problem.  All the software is allready updated and the error persist.

Hi there, I am sorry for the issue you encountered. May I know if you have multiple batteries and if they were updated as well?
Please try to clear the firmware cache in DJI Fly app in Profile > Settings > Clear Cache and restart the app and drone and check again. Please also try to reinstall the latest DJI Fly app if the previous step does not work. Format the SD card as well. (Please back up the needed files and sync the flight record to the cloud before you reinstall the app/format the SD card). If you have multiple batteries, please update the firmware again along with the aircraft, the app will remind the update if the battery also needs to be updated.
If the issue persists, you may need to send the drone back for further diagnosis and service.
You may contact the reseller for assistance in sending the drone.
Sorry again for the inconvenience.
2023-1-1
Use props
Kacey2877
lvl.2
United Kingdom

DJI Susan Posted at 1-1 23:29
Hi there, I am sorry for the issue you encountered. May I know if you have multiple batteries and if they were updated as well?
Please try to clear the firmware cache in DJI Fly app in Profile > Settings > Clear Cache and restart the app and drone and check again. Please also try to reinstall the latest DJI Fly app if the previous step does not work. Format the SD card as well. (Please back up the needed files and sync the flight record to the cloud before you reinstall the app/format the SD card). If you have multiple batteries, please update the firmware again along with the aircraft, the app will remind the update if the battery also needs to be updated.
If the issue persists, you may need to send the drone back for further diagnosis and service.

This seems to happen everytime I do a firmware update, I have full batteries, everything is fully charged. Then once updated error 300224 incompatible firmware for the last 2 years I have had it on my mini 2 , so I go online to dji website , download dji fly install and walla .. back to normal.. This is getting somewhat tedious .... Not sure I will bother purchasing the dji mini 3  with the issues i have had with the mini 2...
2023-1-15
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Kacey2877 Posted at 1-15 12:36
This seems to happen everytime I do a firmware update, I have full batteries, everything is fully charged. Then once updated error 300224 incompatible firmware for the last 2 years I have had it on my mini 2 , so I go online to dji website , download dji fly install and walla .. back to normal.. This is getting somewhat tedious .... Not sure I will bother purchasing the dji mini 3  with the issues i have had with the mini 2...

Hi there, I am sorry for any inconvenience caused. May I double confirm if the error disappeared after you update the firmware including all the batteries as well as the DJI Fly app?
If yes, it could be because the firmware involves the battery update, etc., therefore, please make sure to update the firmware to ensure the performance. Hope for your kind understanding.
2023-1-15
Use props
djiuser_tBnkGEQyhqma
New

Poland

Witam, mam ten sam problem, możesz wysłać mi oprogramowanie w wersji beta?
2023-8-7
Use props
djiuser_5D7rYcQZZp8B
New

Greece

Hello my name is costas and I am from Greece! My drone mini 2 put me a message 30224 and I can’t fly !! What I can do ? Thanks
2023-9-2
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

djiuser_5D7rYcQZZp8B Posted at 9-2 05:52
Hello my name is costas and I am from Greece! My drone mini 2 put me a message 30224 and I can’t fly !! What I can do ? Thanks

Hello there. I'm sorry about the inconvenience. Can you please try the notes below and see if it will help?
1. Ensure the previous firmware update is completed and successful;
2. Re-launch the App and check if there is a firmware update required as well.
3. Update it again while ensuring the network is available and the connection between the aircraft and the remote controller (and the mobile device) is stable;
4. Clear the cache in the  [profile] – [settings] – [clear cache] – [Clear App Cache]and retry the step 2.3;
5. After backing up related photos and videos using the app, uninstall the app, and then install it again. Mount and start up the aircraft and the remote controller. Then, connect it again
I hope this works. Please keep me posted. Have a great day ahead.
2023-9-4
Use props
djiuser_L05iMl1Kd16o
New

Colombia

"I have the same issue. I stopped flying, and when I tried again three months later, I received the incompatible firmware warning. I've tried updating it both from the controller and with the program, but it never completes. If I check the versions, it says it's updated, but it still shows the error 30224."
2023-11-23
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

djiuser_L05iMl1Kd16o Posted at 11-23 16:26
"I have the same issue. I stopped flying, and when I tried again three months later, I received the incompatible firmware warning. I've tried updating it both from the controller and with the program, but it never completes. If I check the versions, it says it's updated, but it still shows the error 30224."

Hi. Can you please try to log out and log back in from the app after following the reply 277#.? Thank you very much.
2023-11-25
Use props
djiuser_x3R5GcfnZBiy
lvl.1
Flight distance : 57021 ft
United States

DJI Susan Posted at 2021-1-22 22:24
Hi, I had sent you PM, please check.

I have the 30224 error. Have tried the various suggested fixes to no avail.
Time to try the fix provided by Susan. Im just not sure if this is the correct way to proceed. Please confirm this is the correct path. I’ll then provide required information.

Thank you
2023-12-27
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules