Incompatible Firmware version (Code 30224)
90735 308 2020-9-14
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DJI Gamora
Administrator

djiuser_x3R5GcfnZBiy Posted at 12-27 13:50
I have the 30224 error. Have tried the various suggested fixes to no avail.
Time to try the fix provided by Susan. Im just not sure if this is the correct way to proceed. Please confirm this is the correct path. I’ll then provide required information.

Hi, there. Sorry to hear about this situation. To further assist you regarding this matter, may we ask for the details below?

Aircraft serial number:
Aircraft firmware version:
Remote controller version:
App version:
Screenshot of the error message:

I hope to hear from you soon.
2023-12-28
Use props
djiuser_x3R5GcfnZBiy
lvl.1
Flight distance : 57021 ft
United States

DJI Gamora Posted at 12-28 03:25
Hi, there. Sorry to hear about this situation. To further assist you regarding this matter, may we ask for the details below?

Aircraft serial number:

Thanks. I have been away. I will get infor to you asap
2023-12-29
Use props
djiuser_x3R5GcfnZBiy
lvl.1
United States

Mini 2 SN: 5Dxcjbb1A31NKM
Firmware version: 01.07.02.00

RC SN: 3QDCK19006Y59D
Firmware version: 04.11.04.00

DJI Fly app version: 1.12.4
Fly safe data: 01.00.01.29

Problem description : flight is prohibited. Error 30224 reported. “Incompatible software, … update software”

Screen shot:

IMG_0316.PNG

On Home Screen of fly app have message that fly safe needs update.

Things done to resolve:
Turned off drone and RC then back on then proceed to update fly safe. Goes through to complete but then returns to show needs update. Still error on go fly panel.

Changed battery repeat above same result.
Checked update for drone firmware. Reports all up to date. Retry fly safe update. Same result.  

Tried unbinding device then attempt fly safe update. No change.

Tried reformatting SD card. No change
Tried clearing DJI Fly app caches. No Change.

Removed and reloaded the DJI Fly App
No change

Tried using a different iPhone. No difference.

Made sure drone and RC and phone fully charg
2023-12-30
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

djiuser_x3R5GcfnZBiy Posted at 2023-12-30 08:53
Mini 2 SN: 5Dxcjbb1A31NKM
Firmware version: 01.07.02.00

Hi, there. Sorry to hear about the situation. Please follow our recommendations below:

1. Ensure the previous firmware update is completed and successful. You may try to use DJI Assistant 2 via this link to refresh the firmware.
2. Re-launch the App and check if there is a firmware update required as well.
3. Update it again while ensuring the network is available and the connection between the aircraft and the remote controller (and the mobile device) is stable;
4. Clear the cache in the  [profile] – [settings] – [clear cache] – [Clear App Cache]and retry the step 2.3;
5. After backing up related photos and videos using the app, uninstall the app, and then install it again. Mount and start up the aircraft and the remote controller and check the connection again.

I hope this information helps. Kindly keep us posted on the latest progress.
1-1 01:00
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

djiuser_x3R5GcfnZBiy Posted at 2023-12-29 18:34
Thanks. I have been away. I will get infor to you asap

Please feel free to keep us posted on the latest information anytime.
1-1 01:01
Use props
djiuser_x3R5GcfnZBiy
lvl.1
United States

DJI Gamora Posted at 1-1 01:01
Please feel free to keep us posted on the latest information anytime.

Gamora

I have already attempted each of the steps you provided in your most recent reply.
Unfortunately nothing has worked.

In addition I have used another RC with no change. The fly safe update seems to download and attempt to update but does not. The app fly safe static data is 01.00.01.29. The drone static data is
00..00.00.00. Clearly the drone is not updating.
Is there a way to reset the drone? Since it thinks it has the latest firm ware version it doesn’t offer to reload.

Looking forward to resolving this problem.
1-2 14:33
Use props
djiuser_x3R5GcfnZBiy
lvl.1
United States

djiuser_x3R5GcfnZBiy Posted at 1-2 14:33
Gamora

I have already attempted each of the steps you provided in your most recent reply.

I was wrong about trying all your suggestions. I reviewed your list again and although I have confirmed the flight firmware version is the latest via the DJI fly app. I had not verified that it is fully installed. I will try to reload it if I am able to use the assist app with my windows 7 computer. I will let you know how it goes.
1-2 14:48
Use props
djiuser_x3R5GcfnZBiy
lvl.1
United States

I was able to load assistant 2 onto my pc

Had a few problems but finally got connected to the drone. Note had to open the assistant in the admin mode to get it to work.

Once connected it go flagged to update the fly safe
Data base. I attempted several times and each time it got to 96% and failed.

Started over again and ignored the msg to update fly safe. Then panel with firmware list came up.
It showed firmware was up to date. But I tried an upgrade it incase as you suggested it was not fully loaded. The cupfsye failed. It did complete the transmit phase but would not complete the upgrade portion. Gets to a % complete point then resets to 0 % and starts over. This went on for several attempts and final drone was disconnected.

I uninstalled the assistant program and reinstalled it. Tried the fly safe update just for kicks but same result. Went on to try the firmware update and same result as before.
I am frustrated and out of things to try. Is there any chance you can problem
1-3 16:06
Use props
djiuser_x3R5GcfnZBiy
lvl.1
United States

djiuser_x3R5GcfnZBiy Posted at 1-3 16:06
I was able to load assistant 2 onto my pc

Had a few problems but finally got connected to the drone. Note had to open the assistant in the admin mode to get it to work.

Would sending you the log file help in finding the problem?

This drone is not quite a year old. Have spent more time trying to fix issue than flying it. Sad state of affairs.  Surely there is something DJI can do.

1-3 16:17
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

djiuser_x3R5GcfnZBiy Posted at 1-2 14:33
Gamora

Hello, there. Thank you for responding. If the problem persists, please consider sending your product for further inspection via this link. Thank you for your cooperation.
1-5 03:23
Use props
djiuser_x3R5GcfnZBiy
lvl.1
United States

Would this be under warrantee service at no charge?
1-5 13:13
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

djiuser_x3R5GcfnZBiy Posted at 1-5 13:13
Would this be under warrantee service at no charge?

Hi there. Once the drone is received. It will undergo damage assessment. The warranty can be applied depending on the assessment's outcome, including your unit's warranty period. You will be informed whether it will be covered by the warranty once you receive the quotation through your email. Have a nice day.
1-5 21:39
Use props
djiuser_x3R5GcfnZBiy
lvl.1
United States

DJI Tony Posted at 1-5 21:39
Hi there. Once the drone is received. It will undergo damage assessment. The warranty can be applied depending on the assessment's outcome, including your unit's warranty period. You will be informed whether it will be covered by the warranty once you receive the quotation through your email. Have a nice day.

Ok thanks. I am very curious to see what the problem is. It did experience a crash that broke a gimbal support arm. And cracked housing. Replaced some chipped props. But it has been flying without any issues since then. This issue seems to be unrelated and a software problem but it could be a component failure. Looking forward to finding out.
1-6 09:22
Use props
cyan
Ban Posts
Flight distance : 202326 ft
United States

Tip: the author has been banned or deleted automatically shield
1-6 21:12
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

djiuser_x3R5GcfnZBiy Posted at 1-6 09:22
Ok thanks. I am very curious to see what the problem is. It did experience a crash that broke a gimbal support arm. And cracked housing. Replaced some chipped props. But it has been flying without any issues since then. This issue seems to be unrelated and a software problem but it could be a component failure. Looking forward to finding out.

Hi. You can request Data Analysis upon creating a repair request and the relevant team will send you an email providing you with the information of what happened. Have a nice day.
1-7 01:43
Use props
Oscar Marin
New

Argentina

Hola. Tengo problemas para enlazar el control al dron. Sólo una vez pude actualizar los firmware y pide hacer dos vuelos cortos. Luego de apagarlo no pude volar más y me vuelve aparecer actualización q no puedo pasar del 40%
Qué me recomiendan??
1-15 09:52
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Oscar Marin Posted at 1-15 09:52
Hola. Tengo problemas para enlazar el control al dron. Sólo una vez pude actualizar los firmware y pide hacer dos vuelos cortos. Luego de apagarlo no pude volar más y me vuelve aparecer actualización q no puedo pasar del 40%
Qué me recomiendan??

Hello there. Sorry about the trouble. Can you please follow the notes below and see if it will help? ( Feel free to skip steps if you have already tried )
• Before updating, ensure that the device's battery level (remote controller or aircraft) is above 50%.
• While updating, do not power off the aircraft or disconnect the USB cable. Otherwise, the update may fail.
• While updating, the device may automatically reboot several times. When rebooting, it is normal for the remote controller to disconnect from the aircraft automatically. Do nothing before the update is completed to avoid affecting the normal updating process.
We recommend using the app for updating. If the update fails, please refer to the method below and try again:
1. Power off and reboot the remote controller and aircraft. Try updating again.
2. If possible, use another mobile device and try again. For example, switch an iOS device to an Android device.
3. If the app update still fails, we recommend using DJI Assistant 2 for updating if you have an available computer. You can download the DJI Assistant 2 to your computer using this link: https://www.dji.com/downloads/so ... sumer-drones-series.
Please keep us posted. Have a great day ahead.
1-15 21:40
Use props
Sylvain 6800
lvl.1
Belgium

DJI Susan Posted at 2021-1-9 03:58
For there, for Mini 2 users who are getting the incompatible firmware message, we apologize for any inconvenience caused by this issue. It is likely that the issue you described is caused by the Fly Safe database being updated on an earlier version of the DJI Fly app. As the previous app version is incompatible with the current database, the app will prompt an error message.

We recommend that you update the DJI Fly app to the latest version, and provide your DJI Fly account name to us. We will send an optimized firmware version to you to fix this issue. Thank you for your understanding and support.

Bonjour,
J'ai ce problème avec mini2
Nouvelle version de lapp est installée.  
Que faire maintenant ?
Rouardsys@gmail.com
1-21 12:16
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Sylvain 6800 Posted at 1-21 12:16
Bonjour,
J'ai ce problème avec mini2
Nouvelle version de lapp est installée.  

Hi there, I received your PM as well and replied to you, please keep us updated.
1-22 03:49
Use props
djiuser_yfqLq1JrkYZZ
lvl.2
Flight distance : 675427 ft
Croatia

DJI Susan Posted at 2021-1-21 22:47
Please let us not hijack this post, the OP has a Mavic Mini.
For Mini 2 users who are getting the incompatible firmware message. Please first make sure that the drone has been updated to the latest version.If the drone is on the latest version, and spare batteries have been updated along with the drone, please try to clear the firmware cache in DJI Fly app in Profile > Settings > Clear Cache and restart the app and drone and check again. Please also try to reinstall the latest DJI Fly app if the previous step does not work. Format the SD card as well. (Please back up the needed files and sync the flight record to the cloud before you reinstall the app/format the SD card).
If the issue persists, please send the drone back for service. Please fill out the online repair request on our official web and send it back. Here is the link: https://www.dji.com/us/service/repair

I haven't used my Mini 2 drone for a few months, and since last weekend after updating the FlySafe database I keep getting the message "Aircraft module firmware versions do not match". According to the instructions from this forum, I tried deleting the cash in DJI Fly > Profile > Settings > Clear Cache, reinstalling the firmware on the drone using DJI Assistant 2 from my PC (on 3 different batteries in the drone), I also tried to downgrade the firmware to V01 .06.0200 but DJI Assistant 2 always takes me back to V01.07.0200, I formatted the SD card, I deleted and reinstalled DJI Fly app on Samsung Android phone and an iPhone phone. Everything with full batteries. Unfortunately, I always get the same message in red: "Aircraft module firmware versions do not match" -> "Incompatible firmware version. Go to profile > Settings to update firmware (Code: 30224)". What else can I do to keep using my Mini 2? Thank you!
2-11 06:50
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

djiuser_yfqLq1JrkYZZ Posted at 2-11 06:50
I haven't used my Mini 2 drone for a few months, and since last weekend after updating the FlySafe database I keep getting the message "Aircraft module firmware versions do not match". According to the instructions from this forum, I tried deleting the cash in DJI Fly > Profile > Settings > Clear Cache, reinstalling the firmware on the drone using DJI Assistant 2 from my PC (on 3 different batteries in the drone), I also tried to downgrade the firmware to V01 .06.0200 but DJI Assistant 2 always takes me back to V01.07.0200, I formatted the SD card, I deleted and reinstalled DJI Fly app on Samsung Android phone and an iPhone phone. Everything with full batteries. Unfortunately, I always get the same message in red: "Aircraft module firmware versions do not match" -> "Incompatible firmware version. Go to profile > Settings to update firmware (Code: 30224)". What else can I do to keep using my Mini 2? Thank you!

Hi there, sorry to hear this, I received your PM and replied, please have a check.
2-11 18:57
Use props
Leo Catapte Beloy
New

Philippines

DJI Susan Posted at 2021-1-21 22:47
Please let us not hijack this post, the OP has a Mavic Mini.
For Mini 2 users who are getting the incompatible firmware message. Please first make sure that the drone has been updated to the latest version.If the drone is on the latest version, and spare batteries have been updated along with the drone, please try to clear the firmware cache in DJI Fly app in Profile > Settings > Clear Cache and restart the app and drone and check again. Please also try to reinstall the latest DJI Fly app if the previous step does not work. Format the SD card as well. (Please back up the needed files and sync the flight record to the cloud before you reinstall the app/format the SD card).
If the issue persists, please send the drone back for service. Please fill out the online repair request on our official web and send it back. Here is the link: https://www.dji.com/us/service/repair

Will my DJI Mini still be able to fly? It says firmware not compatible and unable to fly. What should I do?
2-16 15:53
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Leo Catapte Beloy Posted at 2-16 15:53
Will my DJI Mini still be able to fly? It says firmware not compatible and unable to fly. What should I do?

May I know if you have multiple batteries? Please try to update the firmware for all batteries and check again. You can also use the DJI Assistant 2 to update the firmware.
Please keep us updated if the issue persists.
2-17 05:07
Use props
djiuser_QZeLW00ea41c
lvl.1
Flight distance : 29915 ft
United Kingdom

DJI Susan Posted at 2021-1-22 22:24
Hi, I had sent you PM, please check.

Please help am having the same problems
3-10 13:12
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

djiuser_QZeLW00ea41c Posted at 3-10 13:12
Please help am having the same problems

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out. Please confirm what specific DJI drone are you using? We will wait for your response.
3-10 20:18
Use props
djiuser_WRmPFTSHduoU
New
Flight distance : 7539 ft

Argentina

Hola como están compre este drone dji mini 3 hace 4 días, volé perfecto hasta hoy que se terminó una batería, la cambie y apareció este error code 30224 y no hay forma de de que conecte el controlador de vuelo rc n1 actualice la app borre todos los cache y nada sigue igual
3-23 14:31
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

djiuser_WRmPFTSHduoU Posted at 3-23 14:31
Hola como están compre este drone dji mini 3 hace 4 días, volé perfecto hasta hoy que se terminó una batería, la cambie y apareció este error code 30224 y no hay forma de de que conecte el controlador de vuelo rc n1 actualice la app borre todos los cache y nada sigue igual

Hello there. Thank you for getting in touch. Before we proceed, please ensure that you have a stable internet connection. If the issue persists, you may also try switching to a different Wi-Fi network. You can also try uninstalling the app and then reinstalling it after backing up your relevant photos and videos. Please keep us updated on your progress. Thank you.
3-23 20:03
Use props
djiuser_yfqLq1JrkYZZ
lvl.2
Flight distance : 675427 ft
Croatia

DJI Susan Posted at 2-11 18:57
Hi there, sorry to hear this, I received your PM and replied, please have a check.

I ended up packing up the drone and sending it off for repair. They sent me back another refurbished one, which now works flawlessly.
4-19 03:40
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

djiuser_yfqLq1JrkYZZ Posted at 4-19 03:40
I ended up packing up the drone and sending it off for repair. They sent me back another refurbished one, which now works flawlessly.

Hello. We are glad to hear that your drone has been repaired and is now working perfectly. If you need any further assistance or have any other questions, feel free to contact us. Enjoy your flights!
4-19 04:57
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules