Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Have I received the wrong propellers?
1761 16 2015-6-23
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Curnybop
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Hi,

I ordered what I was lead to believe a set of propellers for my P3P but upon receiving them today they clearly state Phantom 2 on the packaging.

http://imgur.com/a/Seibv#0

Although very similar to the sets that come with the P3P am I right in thinking the hub/lock part of it isn't compatable with the Phantom 3?

Just curious as I don't think I could handle seeing one pop off and watch my phantom tumble to the ground!

Thanks
2015-6-23
Use props
sploodge
lvl.4
Flight distance : 809350 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

They are the P2 props. The ones you need are these - http://store.dji.com/product/phantom-3-9450-propellers

You can get them in the Uk from http://www.quadcopters.co.uk/dji ... 450-pair-1836-p.asp but they have a hefty markup on the DJI price ( although DJI ship from china with DHL so P&P is high ).. if you decide to buy about 2+ pairs then the DJI option will be cheaper but knowing DJI will take longer to arrive.
2015-6-23
Use props
Curnybop
lvl.1
United Kingdom

sploodge Posted at 2015-6-24 02:20
They are the P2 props. The ones you need are these - http://store.dji.com/product/phantom-3-9450-pro ...

Thanks, Sploodge

I bought mine from www.buildyourowndrone.co.uk and they are listed as P3 props - should I send them back?
Also, have you bought those from the site mentioned and they are genuine P3 blades?
2015-6-23
Use props
sploodge
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Curnybop Posted at 2015-6-24 02:27
Thanks, Sploodge

I bought mine from www.buildyourowndrone.co.uk and they are listed as P3 props -  ...

I would..

They might tell you that the "do" fit and this it technically true, they fit. The only difference between these and the phantom 3 ones is the P3 ones have composite hubs not metal. The composite hubs are needed to maintain tightness of the prop on the motor shaft when the P3 does "active braking".

Hope they are good for you and just refund..
The ones from Quadcopters.co.uk should be proper ones.. They are a reputable company in the UK.
2015-6-23
Use props
Curnybop
lvl.1
United Kingdom

sploodge Posted at 2015-6-24 02:31
I would..

They might tell you that the "do" fit and this it technically true, they fit. The only d ...

Thanks very much - I might order from them for handiness as DJI shipping doesn't have the best reputation around here!
2015-6-23
Use props
sploodge
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Curnybop Posted at 2015-6-24 02:41
Thanks very much - I might order from them for handiness as DJI shipping doesn't have the best rep ...

Things like props deliver reasonably quickly. Its batteries and backpacks that seemingly don't..
2015-6-23
Use props
Curnybop
lvl.1
United Kingdom

sploodge Posted at 2015-6-24 02:54
Things like props deliver reasonably quickly. Its batteries and backpacks that seemingly don't..

I couldn't believe my eyes when I got an email today saying my extra battery was shipped - albeit from the site I ordered my P3 from, but I am very pleased.

That said, do you have any cases you would recommend buying? Preferably a case that supports putting the P3P in with the propellers intact so it's ready to go straight away.
2015-6-23
Use props
Phantom Help
First Officer
Flight distance : 228255 ft
  • >>>
United States

All of these props are okay to use on the Phantom 3 too:
http://www.PhantomHelp.com/#PropsP3

www.PhantomHelp.com
Find the latest must-haves, fixes, mods, how-tos, guides, and accessories for your Phantom.
Phantoms in stock and ready to ship worldwide! (see availability)
2015-6-23
Use props
editfx
lvl.2

United States

Curnybop Posted at 2015-6-24 03:10
I couldn't believe my eyes when I got an email today saying my extra battery was shipped - albeit  ...

I got this case last week.  Arrived in 3 days after ordering.
I believe it comes in a couple different colors, and plenty of room for extra stuff.
I love it!!!
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product ... _detailpage_o02_s00
2015-6-23
Use props
Curnybop
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Thanks for your input, everyone
2015-6-23
Use props
Mark97564
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2067749 ft
United States

If the props say they are 9450s that is what the p3 uses and also the p2 v3 with the e310 motors on it. The p2 v3 and the p3 both use the e310 propulsion system which were designed with the same 9450 prop..  So if that is what your props are they are correct..  The regular p2 uses the e300 propulsion system and would be the 9443 props which would still work fine on the p3 you would just lose a little efficiency., like a min of flight time..  So you could use the 9443's but the 9450's are what the p3 comes with..  If you look at the top of the prop blades by the hub, it should say dji on one and 9450 on the other..  9450r is the ccw prop while the 9450 without the r is the cw prop and the same with the 9443's.  If you ended up with 8443s for the p1 those will not work, you will need full throttle to get 6ftboff the ground

So what do your props say they are on them?
2015-6-23
Use props
contact
lvl.1

United States

You could also find some on ebay: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI ... geName=STRK:MESE:IT
2015-6-23
Use props
Curnybop
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Mark97564 Posted at 2015-6-24 12:35
If the props say they are 9450s that is what the p3 uses and also the p2 v3 with the e310 motors on  ...

My props say 9450 & 9450cw but it's the metallic hubs I am worried about. I have read many mixed reactions and I wouldn't want to take a risk on such an expensive product for one of the props to fall off mid-flight
2015-6-24
Use props
CapitAn
lvl.4
  • >>>
Canada

Curnybop Posted at 2015-6-25 00:36
My props say 9450 & 9450cw but it's the metallic hubs I am worried about. I have read many mixed r ...

Yes, l think you should send them back. And it's not just a matter of opinion, DJI does not recommend to use the metal-hubbed 9450s with the P3.

Here's a link to their FAQs:
http://forum.dji.com/thread-13776-1-1.html

and a copy of the mention of props:
8.    Are P3’s accessories (propeller, battery,and Remote Control) interchangeable with that of P2?
No, none of them are interchangeable. P3 uses 9450 propeller which is designed specifically for its dynamic features. It islighter (and cheaper), and the P3’ propulsion system has Active Breaking[sic] function, so it is not recommended to use P2’s propeller for P3.

The composite hubbed 9450s for the P3 are only $6 compared to the $15 for the metal ones. You can usually tell by price on sites like ebay if they're the right ones.
2015-6-24
Use props
CapitAn
lvl.4
  • >>>
Canada

Okay, l guess that post is being moderated, l've no clue why...
Anyway, l included a link to the FAQ page stickied at the top of this forum. ln it you'll see that the metal-hubbed 9450 prop is not compatible with the P3 as per DJI, under Aircraft point number 8.
2015-6-24
Use props
jhall651
lvl.3

United States

Curnybop Posted at 2015-6-25 00:36
My props say 9450 & 9450cw but it's the metallic hubs I am worried about. I have read many mixed r ...

I'm no expert in propellers, but I do have a small background in mechanical engineering and non-destructive testing of mechanical  fasters. To my knowledge everything you have read has been hearsay. I have not heard of a confirmed case where the metal hubs has caused a prop to fall off. I find it hard to believe that even with "active braking" these props would stop, spin the opposite direction, and come off even though the motors are still spinning and providing down force, which in turn provides friction to the treads. To me it defies physics and logic.  People are saying because the new ones are plastic they provide additional grip and friction to the treads. Again I think that is BS because the plastic wears, the threads get lose and then what?  The answer is probably vibration but not detachment because once again you still have the motors spinning (in the direct to tighten the props) providing down force even while active braking. They probably just switched to plastic so they could mass produce them at a cheaper cost.
2015-6-24
Use props
Mark97564
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2067749 ft
United States

The props aren't going to fall off? I've got the metallic hubs on my f450 and f550  and they haven't fallen off....  I would say metallic hubs are better, why else would they cost $10 more for a set?  Be realistic here my friend
2015-6-24
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules