Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
X5S "Lens not connected" error
1141 7 2020-9-14
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
patricktopofilms
lvl.2
Flight distance : 542730 ft
Canada

I've been having sporadic issues my X5S camera giving me a "Lens not connected" error. I has now gone for sporadic to constant.. it locks out all camera control (focus, Auto mode is locked in, aperture, shutter etc.)

I cleaned all contacts on lens, camera, gimbal connectors and tried with Olympus 12mm, 25mm and 45mm. My firmware is on the last one (not latest 09/09/2020 update).

I've talked to DJI but they didn't seem to have much record on the issue. I've searched online to see several issues of this since 2017 but no real resolution. I have taken my system to a local DJI repair service centre but not confident they will be able to resolve it.

Anyone dealt with this and resolved it?

Thank you

IMG_8733.jpg

2020-9-14
Use props
Matthew Dobrski
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1831050 ft
  • >>>
Canada

Seemingly something is wrong on hardware side. The best way to narrow the investigation is to borrow another X5S camera/gimbal, eventually check the connectivity of all cables between gimbal mount and CineCore module. Some DIY skills are required ...
2020-9-14
Use props
patricktopofilms
lvl.2
Canada

Matthew Dobrski Posted at 9-14 15:11
Seemingly something is wrong on hardware side. The best way to narrow the investigation is to borrow another X5S camera/gimbal, eventually check the connectivity of all cables between gimbal mount and CineCore module. Some DIY skills are required ...

Thanks! other forums have a few users pretty certain it's the gimbal mount.
2020-9-14
Use props
Matthew Dobrski
Second Officer
  • >>>
Canada

patricktopofilms Posted at 9-14 15:15
Thanks! other forums have a few users pretty certain it's the gimbal mount.

It may be, but troubleshooting should go beyond standard contact cleaning procedure. I.e., there's a cable plugged behind contact socket board and connected with Cinecore module, which may get loose on either terminal. Other cables are connecting gimbal motors. Etc. etc...
2020-9-14
Use props
patricktopofilms
lvl.2
Canada

Matthew Dobrski Posted at 9-14 15:35
It may be, but troubleshooting should go beyond standard contact cleaning procedure. I.e., there's a cable plugged behind contact socket board and connected with Cinecore module, which may get loose on either terminal. Other cables are connecting gimbal motors. Etc. etc...

gotcha. will do. thanks again
2020-9-14
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

patricktopofilms Posted at 9-14 15:41
gotcha. will do. thanks again

Hi patricktopofilms, I'm sorry to hear about the difficulties that you encountered. Kindly please try the methods provided by Matthew Dobrski and keep us updated. If there is anything else I can assist you with, please feel free to let me know. Thanks.
2020-9-16
Use props
Matthew Dobrski
Second Officer
  • >>>
Canada

On a second thought, most likely the culprit is at lens to camera connection. Apparently all lenses can't fully communicate with camera, but the image is registered by the sensor and send out for further processing in Cinecore module. I would recommend DJI repair service, usually swift and reliable.
2020-9-16
Use props
patricktopofilms
lvl.2
Canada

I forgot to follow up on this.. it was the vibration gimbal board that needed to be replaced and solved the issue.

Thank you for your help.
2021-1-22
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules