Swap Throttle and Gimbal Tilt Controls
1434 4 2020-9-14
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Whipped_butter
lvl.1

United States

Hi all,

I know this isn't available in the app but I'm looking for a potential workaround. I've been flying mode 2 controls for years, but when doing strictly video I'm finding that it's not very intuitive that camera panning is on the left thumbstick, and tilt is on the back scroll wheel. When climbing or descending, trying to balance the decent rate with a smooth yaw transition is very difficult and I usually just end up focusing on not crashing vs. getting the best shot.

What would be awesome is if somehow the two "camera" controls (pan/yaw and tilt) could be isolated to one stick, and the "flight" controls (throttle, roll, and pitch) left to the other stick and scroll wheel.

Ideally, I'd map yaw and camera tilt to the right thumbstick, roll and pitch to the right thumbstick, and throttle control to the gimbal tilt wheel on the back.

Any help I could get with this experiment would be much appreciated, and I'll keep everyone updated on my progress. I think it'll make for some really smooth videos if it works out.

Also, voiding warranties is my specialty so I don't mind cracking the controller open if that's the only option.

Thanks!
2020-9-14
Use props
djiuser_v3LfCldWzXOZ
New

United States

I have been looking everywhere for a solution to this. All I can find are unanswered forum topics like this one! It really would be nice to have pan (yaw) and tilt on the same stick. I am very confused how DJI could be so inconsiderate towards camera ops. Let me control the camera like a damn camera!
2021-7-30
Use props
Whipped_butter
lvl.1

United States

djiuser_v3LfCldWzXOZ Posted at 7-30 13:26
I have been looking everywhere for a solution to this. All I can find are unanswered forum topics like this one! It really would be nice to have pan (yaw) and tilt on the same stick. I am very confused how DJI could be so inconsiderate towards camera ops. Let me control the camera like a damn camera!

Still no luck in the software, so I actually went into the controller and physically swapped the cam tilt pot with the yaw pot. It made arming the drone a little weird but it worked surprisingly well. Only thing is after a few flights the sticks stopped centering properly and I’m gonna have to go in and re set the cam tilt pot. Let’s hope a software solution comes soon!!
2021-7-30
Use props
djiuser_v3LfCldWzXOZ
New

United States

Whipped_butter Posted at 7-30 13:42
Still no luck in the software, so I actually went into the controller and physically swapped the cam tilt pot with the yaw pot. It made arming the drone a little weird but it worked surprisingly well. Only thing is after a few flights the sticks stopped centering properly and I’m gonna have to go in and re set the cam tilt pot. Let’s hope a software solution comes soon!!

Indeed! Man that sounds complicated. Hope you can get it flying right again!
2021-7-30
Use props
adomanim
lvl.3

Algeria

I started off that way and flew it for about a year. For racing it doesn't matter but for general flying and freestyle, roll and pitch on one axis makes more sense. Also, I could never fly anyone else's quad. I'd suggest just sticking to mode 2.

Speed Test
2022-2-26
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules